Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19396 posts
6474 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: The girls there really like north american/European people so I am proud I am from here no matter wha
Of course they do, they see them as a ticket out of their hell hole country and crap lives. It's the same with men in, say, Cuba... who will romance the ugliest oldest women once they find out they're Canadian in the hopes that they will marry them and bring them back here at which point big surprise, it doesn't work out. It happens so often in Cuba that they have actually made it illegal for the locals to approach foreigners, if the police catch them doing it - it's jail time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5673 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Are you looking for permission or something? It's up to you, go outside in shorts and flip flops if you can handle it.
not sure if it's safe. strong winds?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19396 posts
6474 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
test9251 wrote: not sure if it's safe. strong winds?
Unless your jacket is a bullet proof vest and your idea of weather is people shooting at you - I think you're pretty safe.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
4050 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: I dunno. Last time, I remember getting peanuts lol. Some flight give you a sandwich and other just lame peanuts lol

I hope they actually give us something better. I don't want to spend 10 bucks on a sandwich that cost 70 cents per piece to prepare at home.

But I am just making fun of the flight because american airline carriers are the worst customer experience!, i am sure one of the 2 flights will have something better to eat!
Pack something to eat, although it seems that I am only one that does this. :lol:

The weather this weekend was pleasant (gta). Back to work & non-stop rain :o
Traveling 😁
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BinaryJay wrote: Of course they do, they see them as a ticket out of their hell hole country and crap lives. It's the same with men in, say, Cuba... who will romance the ugliest oldest women once they find out they're Canadian in the hopes that they will marry them and bring them back here at which point big surprise, it doesn't work out. It happens so often in Cuba that they have actually made it illegal for the locals to approach foreigners, if the police catch them doing it - it's jail time.
O ok. I think Cuba seems to be a a very strict country. But believe me, I aint takin any girls from Peru or even Philippines. They are staying there unless they can get their own ride out to Canada because you don't know who is good and who is bad. Anyone can fake it. So I enjoy meeting them there, but what happens in Peru stays in Peru lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
BinaryJay wrote: Unless your jacket is a bullet proof vest and your idea of weather is people shooting at you - I think you're pretty safe.
LMAO don't go to the middle east. You get rained on by bullets!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: not sure if it's safe. strong winds?
Not enough sun so it will be cold.
Simaahoy wrote: Pack something to eat, although it seems that I am only one that does this. :lol:

The weather this weekend was pleasant (gta). Back to work & non-stop rain :o
I actually have my own set of peanuts left over from back when I used to feed the squirrels (before the stupid winter weather made me have to quit such outdoor activities for the rest of the winter) lol so if I don't get enough on the flight, I have MOAR lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Unfortunatly, my latest update is not as positive. I was actually stating earlier in my previous status update that the temperature rise was actually going to stall as we headed into May and not to expect any further improvement for quite a while. But worse, it seems to already have stopped improving and our double digits are mixing with upper single digit temps in the short term. We will likely resume our double digits right after I move to Peru, but my long range data continues to say cool. Both the CFS and the EURO, which have been proven to be quite accurate are together agreeing on a cooler pattern more in the east of Canada like T-Dot. So with both these models saying the same thing, don't expect to really be liking the weather trend overall until we at least approach May 24 weekend. This will be the last status update change before I move to Lima.

I hope Claro wireless internet service provider works in the far north end of Lima or I won't be able to post any moar updates till I move to the Pilipinas. If anyone working for Claro is looking at this thread, please install a new tower in Comas Peru so I can go on the Weather Thread :razz: The current one is a peice of crap and needs to be replaced ;) lol
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5673 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Not enough sun so it will be cold.
very cold! good thing i wore jacket today, and those abnormal winds, just won't stop. > :(
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: very cold! good thing i wore jacket today, and those abnormal winds, just won't stop. > :(
Well I just finished my Christmas shopping for the year ;)

Coming out in the cold weather today, I thought it felt like Christmas was coming back. Coincidentally, I came across a box of free Christmas decorations!!!!!!!! I had not felt this cold in a really long time and it is funny how I come in with numbed fingers and lots of Christmas selections at the same time.

Well now I can relax cuz I don't have any more to do for next Christmas :) All I gotta do is find a palm tree in Manila that I can put these ornaments on!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Bad news.

the GFS shows a low pressure system stalling next week and bringing bad weather. As soon as I have left for Peru, this low pressure system will move in and stall, producing a non-stop period of rain showers lasting possibly for the whole rest of the week. Sorry guys. Looks like you all will be left with :cry: crappy weather as soon as I leave if the GFS is right :cry:
:lol: and I get sun and 24 all the time.
k I'll stop bragging :|

On a positive note, I would like to praise the GFS for predicting the exact circumstances surrounding the weather situation here on my flight date from FIFTEEN DAYS in advance. It has remained consistent regarding the cool high pressure system for my flight date following a rainy low pressure system this weekend, ultimately leading to good conditions so I don't get wet at the bus stop with my luggage. Thank you GFS :)

EDIT: Uh oh! looks like we will actually be getting the above posted more likely than not. The EURO model is ALSO showing this exact same constant rain shower stuff. So now that I have a second model showing the same thing, I raise the risk level that this crappy weather week will be the reality. It is just like the other, more long range forecast I gave where 2 models said the same thing about us, or you, staying chilly in May. Your weather is really gonna suck lol I may need to refrain from posting forecasts because it will be too hard to not brag about how better mine is lol
:cry: :cry: :cry:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: ^
pls take the cold weather with you on wherever you are going, i bet the people in that place want to experience cold. and us, we want HEAT!!

[IMG]http://www.large-icons.com/stock-icons/ ... t-icon.gif[/IMG]
Go to Manila then! :razz:

5 minutes later, you find yourself going to your parents and saying "Ok I had enough. Canada's weather SUX!!!!!!! Pack up everything you wanna keep. We're going back to the Philippines!!!!!"

When you get there, let me know so you can give me a tour of SM Aura and SM megamall ;)
Wait SM Aura opened after you came here I think :confused:
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Good thing I can spot the bus's blue lights well in advance from the front door of my house, cuz it looks like I am going to have to wait up there till the bus comes on my flight day. It will be raining so I don't wanna be out there long at all. Stupid GFS changed my flight date to rain :|

And today I felt very irritated by the cold. I will not miss Canada's weather one little bit :|
blahhh