Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
raps4lyfe wrote: It's part of our culture. Even at our worship place food is free whenever you want to come and eat.
How nice. No wonder i enjoyed it. I even took video of it :)

When I went to Caribbean events it was of course buy this buy that. But the above event was completely non-commercial in nature which I liked. This is the best kind of event. The others should follow them as example because ones like Caribana and taste of the danforth are all about money money money! The issue I have is I went dressed up in a traditional outfit to taste of the danforth and the money-minded selfish business man told me I had to remove it or pay thousands to be allowed to wear it there. It was interesting going to an event today with such a cultural difference right at city hall in Toronto, Canada! and where people could be totally open about their culture. I will show this to my friends in Peru when I get there :)
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
cassandra111 wrote: ^Nice! Op, hasta la vista, baby! :razz:
Lol it's hasta la vista in exactly 36 hours ;)

I gotta tell you, the timing couldn't be better. As soon as I leave, the weather stays really crappy EVERY SINGLE day!!! in T-Dot. I got awesome weather for walking today and my last day which is tomorrow, much the same. then the bad stuff just keeps comin as soon as I'm gone.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9326 posts
1731 upvotes
Toronto
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Went walking from St George stn down to CN Tower rogers centre over to Union stn and then up to city hall. By the time I got there, the sun felt hot and I had to remove layers. I hate having to remove and put back on layers because when the sun comes I'm hot when it goes I'm freezing :| I hate that!

But at city hall, the Sikh party was pretty sick lol they were even giving out free Indian food and fruits at different stations. This was the best event I attended yet city hall because they were actually giving back to the community and distributing free lunches rather than charging money and making profits.

Then I continued walking all the way up to St Clair station. The conditions were perfect for this 4 hours of walking!
Taking in a few last minute sights of Toronto eh?

Will you miss Toronto?

RFD will miss you, especially because of this epic thread.

All the best in your travels and be sure to check in with us whenever you can.
Sep 11, 2011
194 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
I won't be home much the next couple of days since I've to entertain some visitors, that's why I'm saying it today. Have a bon voyage as well. Too bad there's no member that wants to take over your thankless job here, lol!

I must have been toughened up by this past brutal winter coz I'm enjoying even this cool spring.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
^ ok thanks :) well some people like therollin might try to replicate my weather expertise and test9251, my weather jokes lol and I will return at times from Peru and Philippines.
gh05t wrote: Taking in a few last minute sights of Toronto eh?

Will you miss Toronto?

RFD will miss you, especially because of this epic thread.

All the best in your travels and be sure to check in with us whenever you can.
Thanks. And yes, I will miss Toronto, so I went around to look at stuff in Toronto since it will be the last time I see them in a while. I will try to be on here whenever I can. And see how awful the weather is getting lol
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1180 posts
113 upvotes
All the best man. Have fun in Peru. Wish I could join you!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
bruizeman wrote: All the best man. Have fun in Peru. Wish I could join you!
thanks. Well, if the rain and depressing conditions get to you (which I'm sure you will cuz the outlook looks pretty bad lol) then feel free to head down to Lima in the sun and you will be openly welcomed by the people there. They are very welcoming to people coming from places like Canada :)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
2737 posts
747 upvotes
Scarborough
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: .....
But at city hall, the Sikh party was pretty sick lol they were even giving out free Indian food and fruits at different stations. This was the best event I attended yet city hall because they were actually giving back to the community and distributing free lunches rather than charging money and making profits.
OP, you have just stumbled upon one of the most beautiful religion in the world. The main temple is the Golden Temple in India where everyone help out cooking free meals INCLUDING the rich n the powerful..beautiful !! And there is NO CLASS NOR CASTE. The rich mingle with the poor alike. Enough said, huh?

I too have taken up walking around me hood though not as extensively as you.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
redflagdeal101 wrote: Hey OP I hope you enjoy this Monday before leaving for Peru.
Thanks. Not so much I can do other than go to Walmart and grap a few last things before I take off. I need to print off some maps last minute so I am ready to wander around Lima, Peru :)
Samwfive wrote: OP, you have just stumbled upon one of the most beautiful religion in the world. The main temple is the Golden Temple in India where everyone help out cooking free meals INCLUDING the rich n the powerful..beautiful !! And there is NO CLASS NOR CASTE. The rich mingle with the poor alike. Enough said, huh?

I too have taken up walking around me hood though not as extensively as you.
Yes it's amazing how it was. I really enjoyed it. Funny how I experience that right before taking off to a totally differente culture to live in. I arrive in San Juan de Lurigancho tomorrow evening!!!! And so it finally begins!
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41491 posts
6511 upvotes
Not bad this morning, it should be warmer later on today right? Yesterday was gorgeous, and I finally got to wear my sandals lol. Perfect weather for doing work on the car too.

Looking forward to tomorrow's rain to test out the new all seasons + rain guards.
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Not bad this morning, it should be warmer later on today right? Yesterday was gorgeous, and I finally got to wear my sandals lol. Perfect weather for doing work on the car too.

Looking forward to tomorrow's rain to test out the new all seasons + rain guards.
Today will be exactly the same as yesterday, or even better due to even MOAR SUN. Feels nice out today already.
blahhh