Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
I just filmed a cute racoon out here in the middle of the day walking around like it owned the joint lol. I will upload it later when I have time. Now that I'm at it, I should upload that one of the fighting birds too which I forgot to upload lol This is not something you see often so you will like both these videos

what a pleasant surprise for my last day in Canada!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2160 posts
443 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
OP wishing you safe travels and a wonderful trip. Your updates will be missed. If you do decide to do a blog about your adventures (fingers crossed that you do) please come back and let us know. I know quite a few of us are interested in following your adventures.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: OP wishing you safe travels and a wonderful trip. Your updates will be missed. If you do decide to do a blog about your adventures (fingers crossed that you do) please come back and let us know. I know quite a few of us are interested in following your adventures.
thanks :) Yes it is quite interesting for sure. I will miss the days of bragging about my accurate forecasts lol but I will try to do some weather and GFS interpretation from time to time here througout my time in Peru/Pilipinas. :)

Now I better get to uploading my racoon and birds and you guys will see it here when it's all ready!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Here they are!
First the racoon wandering around today after 11 AM!

And the birds fighting at Kennedy station
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41489 posts
6510 upvotes
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Today will be exactly the same as yesterday, or even better due to even MOAR SUN. Feels nice out today already.
Nice. As for the "cute" raccoon, be careful lol. Some of them can get crazy lol and god knows what they have lol.

Also, all the best for a safe and fun trip! Awaiting your return! We'll keep in touch via Skype and FB!
Proud to be an Indian.
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
djemzine wrote: Nice. As for the "cute" raccoon, be careful lol. Some of them can get crazy lol and god knows what they have lol.

Also, all the best for a safe and fun trip! Awaiting your return! We'll keep in touch via Skype and FB!
Yes for sure. It will be quite some before I am actually back permanently, so get used to talking to me from another country cuz once I am in Philippines I am going to really be far away! lol

I know that thing could be vicious despite looking cute. I did not wanna pet it lol It did seem rather confortable with the people though. I was surpised. I have seen cats more timid than this racoon and some of my squirrels and birds have been. It is weird. I have even seen kids intimidated by me in a Santa suite while the squirrels loved visiting me!

EDIT: Yeah!!!!!! models have backed off even further from the rain until just after I leave. Which means that the bad weather streak for Toronto officially begins right AFTER I finish being here! this is awesome! Then you have all tomorrow while I am on the plane and the whole week period following with rain and aweful weather. God really was looking out for me when he decided to hold off on the bad weather until I step onto the TTC to get to the airport. Funny how this is working out.
blahhh
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5674 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
tatRedFlagDeals wrote: OP will you make a Peru Vs. TO thread :lol:
This is "that" thread, OP is already teasing us about the weather of Peru while we suffer by this pesty cold. :confused:

He is not in Peru yet, what more if he is already there and started posting like 10 pics per day of the sunshine. :(
Oct 27, 2012
125 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
test9251 wrote: This is "that" thread, OP is already teasing us about the weather of Peru while we suffer by this pesty cold. :confused:

He is not in Peru yet, what more if he is already there and started posting like 10 pics per day of the sunshine. :(
Ah, OP, see you in Peru :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: This is "that" thread, OP is already teasing us about the weather of Peru while we suffer by this pesty cold. :confused:

Lol yes. I will depress you guys further if I rub in the weather I got while you get what I told you about. So this is the Peru vs T-Dot thread lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
tatRedFlagDeals wrote: Ah, OP, see you in Peru :)
Ok. What time will you book your flight? lol Please try to arrive within 2 weeks so you have a blast!

The only boring thing about the place is that with the weather same every day, you never talk about the weather. It is always going to be perfect and never changes really! you talk about everything else to make your life awsome!
blahhh
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
355 upvotes
Hi OP, wish you well and enjoy your travels. Time flies so fast. I still feel you just started the countdown now you are going to be in another continent tomorrow?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
LoveRFD wrote: Hi OP, wish you well and enjoy your travels. Time flies so fast. I still feel you just started the countdown now you are going to be in another continent tomorrow?
Lol. thanks. Yes it really does feel like I only just started the countdown. I started it back when there was about 4 months to go!!! I was going back and forth to High Park and the library trying to pass the time reading and going to feed squirrels. Now I am rewarded for the wait as the wait is over and I can begin all of this. No more counting from high numbers like "104 days till I live in sunshine and parties" lol I arrive tomorrow at Hostal Amazonas, Avenue Próceres de la Independencia, subway station Los Jardines. If you have any weather questions when I am offline, ask the lady at the front desk "donde esta Weatherman?" and I will come down from my room with the GFS model lol
blahhh
Nov 22, 2012
664 posts
24 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Enjoy your travels OP!..Have a safe flight and enjoy your 12 peanuts lol
I hope you will post pics when you get there
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11562 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
saugadealhunter wrote: Enjoy your travels OP!..Have a safe flight and enjoy your 12 peanuts lol
I hope you will post pics when you get there
Yes. lol I have been preparing for days to feast on this grand packet of 12 peanuts!

When I get to Peru, that will be the first amazing experience I jot down ;)

Who knows, when I get to Philippines, I might end up taking photo of a tornado. I posted here before about them getting a tornado! I hope I get to see one there!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4121 posts
924 upvotes
Sask.
Jane, enjoy your trip - I'm guessing it's for pleasure?

Here, it's zero - LOTS of snow, gah!