Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5673 posts
898 upvotes
Toronto
hoping for 30+ temps in toronto, even for 1 month. pls!!! :cheesygri
Banned
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
814 upvotes
Calgary
Is it me or has 2014 flown by like nothing? Already august just about, where has this year gone? Christmas only 5 months away.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
test9251 wrote: hoping for 30+ temps in toronto, even for 1 month. pls!!! :cheesygri
Get your butt back on the plane and come back here then. cuz there is never a day without 30 plus. I will pick you up at terminal 3 and watch you get tired of the heat fast and run to take refuge in the Mall of Asia skating rink!

Or wait till next year and maybe you will get your heat back. Heat in Canada never gets tiring because it never lasts long enough. We were getting several years in T-Dot where heat was abundant. I think the after effects of el nino could make it happen again.
Mayosandwich wrote: Is it me or has 2014 flown by like nothing? Already august just about, where has this year gone? Christmas only 5 months away.
I remember when I posted nostalgia of summer back in January. Wow now it is already middle of summer. You are right! where did the year go. It seems like we just had Christmas and by end of next month Canadian Tire already begins to prepare the Christmas section again :) Give it less than 2 months and Lowes already has all its Christmas stuff out! Frosty must hate sweating in the sweltering September heat.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Can someone please shut off the main valve for the rain main so the rain can be disabled? My cloths are taking really long to dry and I won't have anything good to wear.

And when the rain valve is shut off, throw away the key cuz I don't care to see it rain ever again!

[IMG]http://www.allgraphics123.com/ag/01/13648/13648.jpg[/IMG]

come again a..... never again!

Please shut off the rain valve that says "Philippines" and redirect the rain to Vancouver so they can get soaked instead ;) They don't get enough rain :|
blahhh
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4757 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: Get your butt back on the plane and come back here then. cuz there is never a day without 30 plus. I will pick you up at terminal 3 and watch you get tired of the heat fast and run to take refuge in the Mall of Asia skating rink!

Or wait till next year and maybe you will get your heat back. Heat in Canada never gets tiring because it never lasts long enough. We were getting several years in T-Dot where heat was abundant. I think the after effects of el nino could make it happen again.

I remember when I posted nostalgia of summer back in January. Wow now it is already middle of summer. You are right! where did the year go. It seems like we just had Christmas and by end of next month Canadian Tire already begins to prepare the Christmas section again :) Give it less than 2 months and Lowes already has all its Christmas stuff out! Frosty must hate sweating in the sweltering September heat.
In a couple weeks my favorite type of music will be playing:
[video]
[/video]
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: In a couple weeks my favorite type of music will be playing:
[video]
[/video]
OMG I totally guessed what it was going to be before it opened lol cuz I remember since I was small, staples always uses the same song!
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Another round of weather similar to the most recent July polar vortex is going to affect the region again. Expect the same type of conditions under a stubborn low pressure system with cool temps and rain coming up in the next few days.

The low presssure system starts messing up the weather for the weekend and it starts getting cooler.

So you can't go out and play ball
You gotta take a trip to the mall!

rhyme intended ;)
blahhh
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2152 posts
440 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
Ilovejaneandfinch wrote: It seems like we just had Christmas and by end of next month Canadian Tire already begins to prepare the Christmas section again :) Give it less than 2 months and Lowes already has all its Christmas stuff out! Frosty must hate sweating in the sweltering September heat.
Costco has had snow suits out for about a month already, boots appeared two weeks ago along with the first "holiday tree"
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
JACKIE26 wrote: Costco has had snow suits out for about a month already, boots appeared two weeks ago along with the first "holiday tree"
what in the world?

Philippines celebrates Christmas for 4 months out of the year and Canada has a measly 4 weeks of it. Yet I have yet to see any store start bringing out Christmas here while retail is already doin it there.

In Canada you got Christmas and winter merch in Hallmart, costco and soon in Michaels. Here the Christmas season starts in little over a month and still no Christmas stuff

One thing that makes me question about whether I want Christmas here or there is the type of weather offered. Here the best Christmas in the world is found, but with a weather price tag, I have to sweat buckets while looking at Christmas decorations and sometimes loads of rain on top of that. In Canada, Christmas kinda sucks, but the weather makes things much better.
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Update: wow!

This really is another polar vortex! I should remove the word baby ;)

That's because this one seems even worse. I see all highs forecast to be below seasonal, none even reaching normal values and 2 days at only 21 degrees. This is some serious cooling going on. Is it fall already? I had a hard time with the hot weather last September when I started my Christmas traditions, I bet I will be missing an awesome chilly September. Maybe you will get a classic polar vortex complete with snow in the middle of October this year. And I won't be able to see it.

So sad :(

EDIT: lol we went from polar vortex being a term hidden in private meteorological discussion about Alaska/north pole, to now as a year-round phenomena right around T-Dot! What happened to our Earth????
blahhh
Nov 22, 2012
663 posts
24 upvotes
NORTH YORK
So when is this cooling trend going to hit Toronto? I have big outdoor plans this weekend and it better not be cold or rainy!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20653 posts
4757 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Can you forecast when snow will fall?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
saugadealhunter wrote: So when is this cooling trend going to hit Toronto? I have big outdoor plans this weekend and it better not be cold or rainy!
OMG now we are getting forecast back to back forecast highs of only 20 degrees and that is unheard of in the absolute hottest part of the year. And to answer your question, yes, it will ruin the weekend. We got a wet Saturday likely though the GFS does not make it seem as bad as Environment Canada. But it is next week that the baby polar vortex gets raging with cold air. behind it, very chilly air from the Arctic, kept cold en route over Hudson bay will be delivered to T-Dot.

Strangely the coldest day here in Philippines was only 4 degrees warmer than that through noon. No wonder I was cold during that typhoon lol
blahhh
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11573 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
sandikosh wrote: Can you forecast when snow will fall?
Not yet, but if the current trend continues with no change in the bias for cold in the east and Arctic shots, then just expect another super early arrival of snow. At the rate we are going you will get another wintery November. November is supposed to be a purely fall month, but we were getting it as totally winter last year. I wonder if we can get the same again this year if the polar vortex can hold on!

btw, I am delaying my breakfast in Manila, just to provide weather updates to you guys in T-Dot. hope your happy! :razz:
blahhh