Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
dammit!

I should have withheld my return to Philippines to bring snow to the parade and save Christmas. Now there is no spirit of Christmas cuz the weather sux. It's all my fault :(
blahhh
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4120 posts
923 upvotes
Sask.
Alberta Clipper blew in yesterday, a fair bit of snow, but the big winds skirted around us. So now the snow is on a nice layer of ice underneath, because it had rained the end of the week on the little snow we had had. Now it will just get colder - but it was nice to see the sun today.
Nov 29, 2008
684 posts
71 upvotes
Markham
Let's go out to lunch... NOPE
*indoor food court we go*
Mar 15, 2012
3 posts
New Tecumseth
I may have missed this but what does December look like in the KW area? Last year was pretty crappy
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
Gradhtanya wrote: I may have missed this but what does December look like in the KW area? Last year was pretty crappy
Another merger? lol No I don't mean the polar jet stream merging with the subtropical jet stream to spawn a deep area of low pressure, I mean merging of another thread about the weather ;)

Anyways, to answer your question, for some reason it is looking VERY mild indeed.!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2775 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
Warnings
5:24 PM EST Monday 24 November 2014
Wind warning in effect for:

City of Toronto
Persons in or near this area should be on the lookout for adverse weather conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Watch for updated statements.

Please refer to the latest public forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through your local radio and television stations or Weatheradio.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13053 posts
2412 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Damn this wind storm gonna last a good 24hrs, WTF... watch for all the broken trees and fences come morning. Tornado warning??
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 7, 2012
11585 posts
146 upvotes
abercombie and finch
thanks for sharing this. These winds are remarkable! Ok I am not there to see this, but I don't think I have ever witness an observation of winds this strong!
blahhh
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
631 upvotes
Would it not be incredible if we had snow to go with this windstorm?