Off Topic

Official Weather Thread: Historical warming and melting taking place in the Arctic

Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2002
5724 posts
961 upvotes
websurfer wrote: I had to take a sick day. The car was sliding all over the place. I'll be getting winter tires put up hopefully tomorrow morning that way I can enjoy the snow as well.
Will you get an appointment???

You should have them on probably when temps consistently below 7 degrees, had mine in November
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

Ole Gunnar IN!!!!

I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12979 posts
2375 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Accuweather says another 3-4 inches today then stopping by late afternoon to early evening. At least it's light fluffy snow not that hard packed freezing rain **** you get in late january/feb. Then no snow till the 20th. Increasing temps starting tomorrow.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
3049 posts
631 upvotes
Driving to work was the most I ever had. So easy to drift.
Feb 19, 2006
910 posts
181 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rb wrote: Will you get an appointment???

You should have them on probably when temps consistently below 7 degrees, had mine in November
I have an appointment at Costco for December 16 at 6pm. I'll be going in tomorrow morning at 6:30am to try my luck with the first come first serve starting at 7am. Hopefully I'll be in and out quickly.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2005
2249 posts
728 upvotes
It's beautiful outside!
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. -Wayne Gretzky"
- Michael Scott
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
40772 posts
6260 upvotes
A lot of snow here in RH
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
40772 posts
6260 upvotes
BREAKING NEWS: Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for parts of the GTA, including Caledon, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Newmarket, Dufferin, and Georgina.
The warning also continues for Barrie, Orillia, Parry Sound and Muskoka.
The weather agency says between 15-20 centimetres of snow is expected to fall in the affected areas.
Proud to be an Indian.
Oct 9, 2012
2775 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
9:31 AM EST Thursday 11 December 2014
Snowfall warning in effect for:

City of Toronto
Snowfall, with total amounts of 15 to 20 cm is expected.

Snow from a low pressure system over New England continues this morning. The snow is heavy at times with 15 to 20 cm of snow possible locally. Over 10 cms of snow has been reported in many localities including over 12 cm at Buttonville airport since midnight. In addition, gusty north winds may cause areas of blowing snow. The snow will become lighter this evening.

Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. There may be a significant impact on rush hour traffic in urban areas. For information on emergency plans and kits go to http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/

Snowfall Warnings are issued when significant snowfall is expected.

Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required, so stay tuned to your local media or Weatheradio. Email reports of severe weather to storm.ontario@ec.gc.ca or tweet with the hashtag #ONStorm.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2775 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: BREAKING NEWS: Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for parts of the GTA, including Caledon, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham, Newmarket, Dufferin, and Georgina.
The warning also continues for Barrie, Orillia, Parry Sound and Muskoka.
The weather agency says between 15-20 centimetres of snow is expected to fall in the affected areas.
TO as well
Dec 8, 2008
704 posts
24 upvotes
it will be quite the mess when it starts melting over the weekend.