3440 posts
1094 upvotes
Thornhill

[WIND Mobile] Official Windmobile (Globalive) Price Plan

http://shop.windmobile.ca/

First Month Free

Chat: $15 per month
Unlimited incoming text
Call Control (Caller ID, missed-call alerts, call forward, call conferencing, call waiting, call hold)
Unlimited WIND to WIND calling when in any WIND HOME Zone
Unlimited incoming WIND calls when in any WIND HOME Zone
100 province-wide minutes when in any WIND HOME Zone
50 Canada/U.S. outgoing text

Always Talk: $35 per month
Unlimited incoming text
Call Control (caller ID, missed call alerts, call forward, call conferencing, call waiting, call hold)
Unlimited incoming calls
Unlimited province-wide calling when in any WIND HOME Zone
50 Canada/US outgoing text from any WIND HOME Zone

Always Shout: $45 per month
Unlimited incoming texts
Call Control (caller ID, missed call alerts, call forward, call conferencing, call waiting, call hold)
Unlimited incoming calls
Unlimited Canada-wide calling when in any WIND HOME Zone
Unlimited outgoing text to Canada/U.S. when in a WIND HOME Zone
Voicemail

All plans: No SAF, No 911 fee, No contract

Data Plans
Infinite Mobile: $35 per month (used with any voice plan)
Unlimited internet for phones (tethering too)

Infinite Laptop: $55 per month
Unlimited internet for USB data sticks

BlackBerry data plans
Social BlackBerry: $10 per month
UNLIMITED Facebook®, MySpace™, BlackBerry® Messenger, Windows Live™ Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, Google® Talk, and AIM®

Infinite BlackBerry: $35 per month (used with any voice plan)
Includes all the benefits of Social BlackBerry® PLUS UNLIMITED:
- Email for up to 10 accounts
- Internet – all you can eat – you can even tether!
- BlackBerry® App World where you'll find 100's of the coolest apps – tons are absolutely free!

Addons:
Voice Mail $5 per month
-- Voicemail is included in the Always Shout plan.
My Country International Callling $5 per month
-- Call one country a lot? Get preferred rates for China, India, Hong Kong, South Korea or Singapore
-- and keep checking back as we add new countries.
Canada/US unlimited text $5 per month
-- Add unlimited texting to anywhere in Canada and the U.S. for a flat fee.
US Unlimited Long Distance $10 per month
-- Unlimited calls to anywhere in the US for a WIND Home Zone.
-- available as an Add-on to Always Talk and Always Shout only.
Canada Unlimited Long Distance $10 per month
-- Unlimited calls to anywhere in Canada from a WIND Home Zone
-- this special Add-on is for Always Talk only.

Extras:
Extra Home Zone Minute 10c/min
Canada/US Text 10c/txt
Away minute in Canada 25c/min
(roaming, no extra LD)
Away Text 15c/txt
(outside Wind Home Zone)
Away Data 10c/25kb
(outside Wind Home Zone)
Canada/US LD Minute 15c/min
My World Internationial Roaming
(coming January 2010)

Phones:
Blackberry Bold 9700 $450
[IMG]http://shop.windmobile.ca/UserControls/ ... Height=200[/IMG]
HTC Maple $300
Samsung Gravity 2 $150
Huawei U7519 $130

Huawei E181 Data Stick $150

Coverage Map:

Red = Home Zone

GTA:
Google Map

[IMG]http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/295/to2010wind.jpg[/IMG]

Calgary:

[IMG]http://www.tms12.com/stuff/yycmap.jpg[/IMG]

Wind Mobile Web Site Coverage Map

FAQ from this thread:

--- Are Wind Mobile Phones Locked?

Yes, they are locked. There are reports that they would give you the unlock codes on request after 3 months of service.

--- Can I buy any unlocked phone from ebay or other sources and use it in Wind?

Wind Mobile is now giving free SIMS for new accounts if you use your own phone.

The phone must be "AWS" compatible before it could be used with Wind. Just seeing 1700 or 2100 frequency band listed in the 3G specs is not enough, it MUST list AWS band.
Or you can choose a T-Mobile compatible 3G phone - it must be 3G and not any T-Mobile phone.

To qualify for the free SIM, you must bring in your unlocked AWS phone to Wind store to let them test it out. They want to make sure that you are not using a non-compatible phone, rack up $$$ Rogers roaming charges and then complain afterwards.

--- So does it mean that Wind phones cannot be used in any other networks even if I manage to unlock it?

Of course it can, otherwise, how can it roam in Rogers network? Wind phones can use/roam in Rogers GSM network for voice, and 2G/Edge for data; it may not work in 3G in other networks.

--- Will iPhone be available in Wind Mobile?

Current iPhones do not work with Wind. If/When Apple releases a T-Mobile compatible AWS iPhone, then you can use it with Wind.

Official FAQ from Wind Mobile web site:

::: Can I buy a SIM card without buying a phone?

Thank you everyone for your feedback on this topic! You can now get a SIM card and service from WIND without buying a WIND phone. Learn about what kinds of phones are compatible with WIND SIM cards.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Come in to any WIND store or kiosk
2. Bring the phone or data stick you want to use with a WIND SIM card – we need to check to make sure your phone will work on our service
3. Pick a WIND plan and activate it in the WIND store. There is no charge for the WIND SIM Card, you just need to buy WIND plan – any plan
4. We’ll give you a WIND SIM card, test it on your phone and make sure you leave our store with everything working

::: If I have my own phone, can I get WIND service?

Depends. You need a phone that is designed and unlocked to work on AWS/1700 Mhz/BandIV. If that’s what you’ve got, bring it in to any WIND store or kiosk and we’ll make sure it will work with our services. If your phone will work with the WIND service, all you need to do is buy a plan with us, and you can walk out of our store with your phone or data stick working on the WIND service.

::: I have a AWS frequency phone, how come I can’t use it at WIND?

Not all phones designed to work on the AWS band will work on the WIND service, unfortunately. Some phones are sold “locked.” If you are unsure if your AWS band phone will work at WIND, bring it into any store and we’ll check it out for you.

::: What’s the difference between Pay Before and Pay After?

There is no difference in phones, plans, rates or service. The only difference is when you pay. Some people prefer a Pay Before (prepaid) account in order to manage their bills. Some people prefer a Pay After (postpaid) account because they are less bothered with the amount of their bill. You must have sufficient credit history to be a Pay After Customer. Either way, you can use your phone as much as you want. And either way, there are no contracts.

::: What is this Call Control thing?

Call Control is a package of services WIND provides to everyone who has a voice or text plan. It includes six important services: caller ID, missed call alerts, call waiting, call hold, call forwarding and conference calling.

::: How do I activate my WIND phone?

If you already have a WIND phone and need to activate it and sign up for a new service plan, come see us in person (find a store here) or call us at 1-877-809-4631 (1-877-80-WIND-1).

::: What is a WIND HOME Zone versus a WIND AWAY Zone?

At WIND, when you are in HOME Zone many services are available to you for free. To see a map of the HOME Zones, click here.

When you are in a WIND AWAY Zone, some services will cost a bit more:
* Calls to anywhere in Canada or the U.S. (all destinations): 25 cents/minute
* Any calls to you: 25 cents/minute
* Any text messages you receive (from anywhere in the world): free of charge
* To use the Internet on your phone: 10 cents/25 kB

Also, to make sure you don’t accidently rack up a huge bill, we have capped your maximum call length to 120 minutes when you are in an AWAY Zone – we just want you to be sure you know you’re incurring those extra charges.

::: What is text messaging and can I do it on my WIND phone?

Text messaging is the ability to send and receive short messages (also called SMS) on your mobile phone. At WIND, you can receive a text message from any mobile phone – and there is no charge to you at all. All WIND phones are ready to start texting as soon as they’re activated. If you are having any problems, dial 611 from your WIND mobile or call us at 1-877-809-4631 (1-877-80-WIND-1). Just like calling, you can text pretty much everywhere!

* WIND Home Zone – 50 text messages to CA/US are included in Chat and Always Talk! It costs just $0.15 to send a text message to other destinations. If you’re a hardcore texter, consider Always Shout which includes unlimited texting
* WIND AWAY Zone – Texting to CA/US or International destinations is just $0.15 per message

Links:

Wind Mobile
Rate Plan Comparison with Bell/Rogers/Telus
762 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9978 posts
1165 upvotes
Mississauga
welcome to last week
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 35-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3440 posts
1094 upvotes
Thornhill
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: welcome to last week
The thread last week was moved because it was regarded as "rumors".
This is now official with more details.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1712 upvotes
Wait, so you could get a blackberry with unlimited BBM and MSN and Facebook and a basic voice plan for 25 a month?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
31 upvotes
These are official plans..the last weeks leaked ones were rumours/unofficial , although they proved to be the same as the official ones .

Always better to get it directly from the source/website aka horse's mouth with an official link to back it up :D
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21923 posts
3177 upvotes
Toronto
lol....well this is official since this only confirmed today.

Previous info was really "leaked" info and not official (regardless of source)...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
31 upvotes
I hop ROBBERS and BELUS get it up their A$$ :D
Deal Fanatic
Aug 21, 2007
5654 posts
595 upvotes
Markham
Interesting plans but looks like no contract = no subsidized phone

tbh i guess it will depend on what you want to spend for the features and compare that to the robellus alternative...may or may not come out ahead
Sep 18, 2009
5 posts
Edmonton
Great plans and Great Pricing. Hopefully Apple will add spectrum support for their iPhone soon!
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2213 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
BigJonsson wrote: Wait, so you could get a blackberry with unlimited BBM and MSN and Facebook and a basic voice plan for 25 a month?
Thats right!!! Lets see what Rogers/Bellus come out with now.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
1100 posts
31 upvotes
The plans are AWESOME , just wish they also had a plan in the $ 20 - $ 25 range for mid term users .

$ 15 is low end and $ 35 / $ 45 could be slightly high end for some people , too bad there is nothing between $ 15 to $ 35...anyways much better than the crappy plans from the BIG 3 :)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4147 posts
1712 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Thats right!!! Lets see what Rogers/Bellus come out with now.
But the 10 dollar one doesn't include data for other websites or apps amd less e-mail options?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8641 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
BigJonsson wrote: Wait, so you could get a blackberry with unlimited BBM and MSN and Facebook and a basic voice plan for 25 a month?
If only it came with unlimited HTML browsing as well...

Can I get unlimited text for $5/month without a voice plan? :D :D :D
Feb 2, 2005
976 posts
135 upvotes
That's it? No Pay As You Go Plans?

What does "Unlimited incoming WIND calls when in any WIND HOME Zone" mean? Does it mean unlimited incoming calls? Or does the person calling need you to be a WIND subscriber as well?
Aug 22, 2007
762 posts
50 upvotes
i wonder if i can get better pricing with rogers by citing these plans as examples?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2213 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone should take note that the plans specifically state: "when in WIND Home Zone". This would need to be clarified, otherwise roaming charges may apply.
Mar 23, 2008
790 posts
37 upvotes
Scarborough
Their site is horrendously slow right now.

What are the boundaries of their Home Zone for Toronto? (Is Missisauga/Markham) included? or is it strictly Toronto?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5804 posts
733 upvotes
Ottawa
esq05 wrote: Everyone should take note that the plans specifically state: "when in WIND Home Zone". This would need to be clarified, otherwise roaming charges may apply.
Probably only when you are in a city with Wind towers. I think they have an agreement to roam on other companies towers, which wouldn't be included in the unlimited...

And most retentions plans are better than this...