PC & Video Games

Official Xbox One X Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2018 12:10 pm

Poll: So you're purchasing an "X". Which category do you fall into?

• Total votes: 76. You have voted on this poll.
You are replacing your Xbox One/S with an X

55%
You are supplementing your Xbox One/S with an X

16%
You did not have a Xbox One/S prior to purchasing an X

29%
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
quicksilver7 wrote: Well I sold my Xbox One S and grabbed the X on Sunday. Only had time to set it up and play a few matches of CoD but I believe it looks better on my 4K Samsung. The funny thing is I sold a few of the games that are X enhanced with the S so kind of searching for some games to show off the system and justify my purchase. Pretty sure I have Rise of Tomb Raider in digital format so maybe I should install that one. The X certainly looks better in my stand than the white S so thats a plus :)
If your looking for games that really demonstrate the power of the thing these are my favorites:

New:
Assasins Creed Origins
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Wolfenstien 2
PUBG

Old:
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 3
The Witcher 3
Gears of War 4

You can get a free trial of Gamepass that includes downloads for Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 and both look great.
Aug 20, 2009
9825 posts
5933 upvotes
AC:O is most all around beautiful game I've seen on the X so far. It doesn't always hit target framerates and some of the textures are a bit meh but in HDR its jaw dropping gorgeous so you just don't care about the little things.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10104 posts
12725 upvotes
Toronto
SpicYMchaggis wrote: If your looking for games that really demonstrate the power of the thing these are my favorites:

New:
Assasins Creed Origins
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Wolfenstien 2
PUBG

Old:
Halo 5
Forza Horizon 3
The Witcher 3
Gears of War 4

You can get a free trial of Gamepass that includes downloads for Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 and both look great.
??? Astonished Face That game looks like crap.

I heard Shadow of War looks good.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
9394 wrote: ??? Astonished Face That game looks like crap.

I heard Shadow of War looks good.
Honestly I think it looks pretty good, its a little rough around the edges but the big open world with real time lighting and HDR looks really nice IMO granted I maybe shouldn't have included it in a list of those other games.

I forgot Shadows of War, I never did check it out on the X though, it was supposed to be kind of a showcase I heard but it was kind of an ugly game on the regular One S.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)