PC & Video Games

Official Xbox Series S/X Thread - November 10 Release ($379/$599)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 29th, 2020 10:30 pm
Sep 6, 2006
620 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
so canada all access wont be available for preorder on the 22nd?
Jun 27, 2017
495 posts
679 upvotes
GTA
yesman wrote: so canada all access wont be available for preorder on the 22nd?
looks like it...
Pre-orders with Xbox All Access will not be available in Canada, France, Poland and South Korea on September 22, but the program will be available in these countries before the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S launch this holiday. We’ll have more details to share soon.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2169 posts
878 upvotes
Montreal, QC
from what i read the other day, isn't All Access only through EB? if so, you can just drop the $5 requirement and wait until the service becomes available
Dec 7, 2012
35 posts
13 upvotes
I want to be able to pickup the console in-store on release day instead of waiting for delivery.
If I pre-order online at BestBuy/EB games, am I forced to have to wait for delivery, or is there an option to pickup in store?
I'm free all day sept 22, I can go in-store to pre-order. Wondering if showing up at 9-10am at Best Buy/EB games when they open will help? Or if they'll force me to wait until 11am EST? Or if they'll just say *go pre-order online lol*

Basically my question is:
Online pre-order = Delivery
In-store pre-order = in-store pickup?
Or can I have instore pickup either way?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4597 posts
1696 upvotes
Ajax
Sirocco wrote: I want to be able to pickup the console in-store on release day instead of waiting for delivery.
If I pre-order online at BestBuy/EB games, am I forced to have to wait for delivery, or is there an option to pickup in store?
I'm free all day sept 22, I can go in-store to pre-order. Wondering if showing up at 9-10am at Best Buy/EB games when they open will help? Or if they'll force me to wait until 11am EST? Or if they'll just say *go pre-order online lol*

The only one offering an online order available to pick up in store for PS5 was The Source. Everyone else, it will be delivery only. Expect the same for Xbox.

EDIT: Shoppers will be in store pick up. If they actually get them.
Last edited by mrtvgame on Sep 19th, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4597 posts
1696 upvotes
Ajax
Bratcoin wrote: looks like it...
Not that I will be doing that but that is absolutely stupid as I am sure many were going in with this for the pre-orders, especially at EB, all 10 that would actually get it. lol

Perhaps it will be some payment option that you will be able to adjust prior to launch. Or, and I know many will hate this. Take your pre-ordered console back to the store on release, return it for full refund then purchase with the program.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18300 posts
8157 upvotes
Oakville
Sirocco wrote: I want to be able to pickup the console in-store on release day instead of waiting for delivery.

I'd say it's definitely going to be YMMV if you try to get your local brick & mortar store to break the 11am pre-order deadline. It would be real shitty of them to make people wait around till 11, but I could totally see it happening. I'm just gonna do it online, I can wait for it to be delivered. Plus others have mentioned that when they pre-ordered on a previous gen XBox - Maybe the One X? - it shipped early to arrive on launch day... But even if I have to wait a couple days, I'll survive. Launch day is a Tuesday, so I'll be working any way.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18300 posts
8157 upvotes
Oakville
Redmask wrote: I'm just going to grab one on the Microsoft Store online. Hopefully most people have forgotten it exists since the brick and mortar closure.
I'm probably gonna try a couple different places, just to make sure I get one. The MS Store's online fulfillment is AWFUL, but if I can't score one anywhere else, it'll do in a pinch :P
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8566 posts
2958 upvotes
Wouldn't that cell phone style financing plan for XBox Series X put EB Games and its USA GameStop stores even more into the red?
With people that fail to make payments or if EB/GameStop goes out of business in that 2-year financing plan timeframe,
I wonder if the people on the payment plan would get out of their contractual obligation because there would be nobody to enforce it.

Michael Pachter's suggestion about the subscription plan, and services model years ago came true. He is a financial analyst/advisor that made
appearances on GameTrailers years ago and he would bring up envisioning a phone plan type model for financing consoles quite often:
https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/1/211973 ... r-analysis

Redmask wrote: Kind of a bummer for those interested but the Xbox All Access financing option won't be available on the September 22nd preorder date in Canada. They do say it will be before launch though and it's available only thru Ebgames.
Aug 20, 2009
7883 posts
2735 upvotes
Grimsby
I don't know if they would do the financing themselves or just act as an intermediary for a third party doing it. EBGames is kinda hosed to be honest. They will limp along another few years thanks to new consoles but they're also speeding up their own demise by selling the PS5 Digital Edition and the Xbox Series S. The stores around me mostly sell toys, collectibles and other nonsense now.

Maybe they will get lucky and leaseholds will be cheaper due to all of the COVID closures.
Feb 24, 2009
452 posts
79 upvotes
Ottawa
Redmask wrote: I'm just going to grab one on the Microsoft Store online. Hopefully most people have forgotten it exists since the brick and mortar closure.
I pre-ordered the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition from the MS Store, and received it on launch day. So thinking about doing the same here with the Series X.