PC & Video Games

Official Xbox Series S/X Thread - November 10 Release ($379/$599)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 9:18 am
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2397 posts
2517 upvotes
GTA
XFactor11 wrote: Windows Central has a 3D comparison of the console sizes which you can move around with your mouse here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-ser ... comparison

Who actually puts their consoles vertically?

I use TV stands with open space all around and lay the consoles down flat horizontally like a normal electronic device instead of a desktop tower.
For my active secondary consoles I have them next to my desktop pc on a large PC desk.
Even with the stands to hold the consoles vertically, I would be warry of knocking them over.

Except it seems both Xbox Series X and PS5 vent out the air to the right side when laying down flat horizontally
So maybe I would have to put them on separate shelves depending on the intensity of the air outflow.

My Pro is vertical, and I have a PS3 and PS2 and a Wii that are also vertical. Never knocked one over because each one has a vertical stand to hold it upright, although they don't really need one. I bought most of them off eBay as a precaution, but I've never encountered a situation where I might knock one over.
If you have enough room between consoles I would assume you don't need separate shelves, unless you run them at the same time (unlikely?) or they are in an enclosed shelf. If you give each console 3" space minimum on every side, the back and even the top, I'd imagine you'd be fine in most cases.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
2145 posts
852 upvotes
Montreal, QC
so iJustine did a comparison with previous gen,

both are shorter than previous gen. Series X is just very phat. at least, i have enough space in my stand for it
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4496 posts
1631 upvotes
Ajax
sumtimw0ng wrote: so iJustine did a comparison with previous gen,

both are shorter than previous gen. Series X is just very phat. at least, i have enough space in my stand for it
For a moment there I thought she was going to pull out another collection.
Penalty Box
Apr 4, 2017
469 posts
335 upvotes
A bit torn here, wanted to get some opinions.
I'm a very casual gamer, looking for an Xbox Series for me and the kids, disc drive isn't important. Debating between the S and X versions. I have a 4k TV. Ideally would like to save a bit of cash and get the S. Convince me to spend the extra $220 on the X version?

Thanks
Jul 23, 2011
363 posts
204 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Who is the best retailer to pre order with?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18164 posts
8026 upvotes
Oakville
Kaida9 wrote: Who is the best retailer to pre order with?
Best by what metric?
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
1702 posts
2549 upvotes
Don't know about pre orders, but the best to deal with overall would probably be Costco.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2035 posts
2620 upvotes
Windsor
Bestbuy? , Shoppers(if you trust them), Walmart(if you dont need to change your address/CC or cancel order lol)
Aug 20, 2009
7855 posts
2706 upvotes
Grimsby
I've found Bestbuy is the best option. Generally they get me things on release day and you can also pick it up in-store if you want to go that route. That's where I plan on a getting a Series X after hearing some horror stories about the Microsoft Store shipping recently.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34150 posts
3893 upvotes
Winnipeg
Redmask wrote: I've found Bestbuy is the best option. Generally they get me things on release day and you can also pick it up in-store if you want to go that route. That's where I plan on a getting a Series X after hearing some horror stories about the Microsoft Store shipping recently.
i thought xbox console is in less demand than ps5 therefore should have no issue finding them everywhere
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18164 posts
8026 upvotes
Oakville
divx wrote: i thought xbox console is in less demand than ps5 therefore should have no issue finding them everywhere
You thought that based on what, exactly?
Aug 20, 2009
7855 posts
2706 upvotes
Grimsby
divx wrote: i thought xbox console is in less demand than ps5 therefore should have no issue finding them everywhere
Preorders generally sellout regardless of demand (which is an unknown) so that's why people are trying to figure out where to get them.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
2084 posts
575 upvotes
Maple
When is EB games selling their pre orders? is it at opening tomorrow?

I have decided even though I do not really want the XSX right now it makes the most financial sense to trade in my XBOX one X now with the deal towards it. Kijiji and marketplace are FLODDED with these consoles and it will only grow. Demand for these will be non existent. Ill save myself the headache and trade it in towards the pre order.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34150 posts
3893 upvotes
Winnipeg
wearysky wrote: You thought that based on what, exactly?
based on the sale volume of consoles for every generation.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18164 posts
8026 upvotes
Oakville
divx wrote: based on the sale volume of consoles for every generation.
How would that have any bearing on the next gen being available in stores on launch day? Microsoft still sold 50 million+ XBox One consoles, that's still a shitload of potential upgraders. And particularly since manufacturers LOVE to brag about their consoles selling out on launch day, I'd imagine both Microsoft and Sony aren't going to be manufacturing in such massive numbers that there's embarrassing stacks of consoles sitting around unsold at retailers, at launch.