PC & Video Games

Official Xbox Series S/X Thread - November 10 Release ($379/$599)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2020 7:36 pm
Oct 12, 2009
592 posts
71 upvotes
GrimmTripp wrote: The difference in posts and thread visitors from here and the PS5 pre orders during and before launch is pretty huge. Seems PS5 hype is more real.
I went to EB a couple hours ago to pay off my PS5 and they’re were still accepting Xbox pre-orders. PS5 were all done and dusted ten minutes after opening.

But for people in this thread who still want an Xbox give the Vaughan Mills location a call.
Jan 25, 2006
917 posts
247 upvotes
Nova Scotia
If initial numbers were smaller for the PS5 would that not make sense? It's all about production and allocation.
Sep 17, 2020
36 posts
10 upvotes
Yeah true, the volume on the forum here was probably mostly people trying to scope out where there were preorders left, now that I think about it. I got my XSX and my PS5, im a happy camper. Its a good time to be a gamer, I remember playing tarzan on my dads coleco vision and thinking it was mind blowing..
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19009 posts
8624 upvotes
Oakville
GrimmTripp wrote: Yeah true, the volume on the forum here was probably mostly people trying to scope out where there were preorders left, now that I think about it. I got my XSX and my PS5, im a happy camper. Its a good time to be a gamer, I remember playing tarzan on my dads coleco vision and thinking it was mind blowing..
Tron Deadly Discs on the Intellivision II is the first game I remember being really excited by. To be fair, I was like 5.

Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Sep 17, 2020
36 posts
10 upvotes
wearysky wrote: Tron Deadly Discs on the Intellivision II is the first game I remember being really excited by. To be fair, I was like 5.

Hahaha, definitely better than pong.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4520 posts
1443 upvotes
Toronto
GrimmTripp wrote: The difference in posts and thread visitors from here and the PS5 pre orders during and before launch is pretty huge. Seems PS5 hype is more real.
We get it, PS5 has a bigger fanbase and more hype... That's not something that's hard to deduce - PS4 install base is huge so it makes sense that more of them are going to continue with the PS brand.

Why does that matter in this thread? Let's move along with the console war BS and enjoy our consoles and whatever games we want to play instead of inviting discord.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Sep 17, 2020
36 posts
10 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote: We get it, PS5 has a bigger fanbase and more hype... That's not something that's hard to deduce - PS4 install base is huge so it makes sense that more of them are going to continue with the PS brand.

Why does that matter in this thread? Let's move along with the console war BS and enjoy our consoles and whatever games we want to play instead of inviting discord.
It was an observation, no need to get so defensive about it, jesus christ. For the record I pre-ordered both consoles, so leave the "fanboy" and "console war" crap at the door.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2664 posts
2837 upvotes
GTA
wearysky wrote: Tron Deadly Discs on the Intellivision II is the first game I remember being really excited by. To be fair, I was like 5.

Ummm, why did you preorder the Xbox then?

You're a prime sucker - I mean customer - for the Amico!
https://www.intellivisionamico.com/
amico.jpg
Ignore the fact that this will be the Ouya all over again, look at those controls! No they're not iPods, those are the controls, so retro! And it has 3 different colours, not like the lame Xbox or PS5. Get rid of that lame preorder and support your Amico.
Please, they're desperate Face With Tears Of Joy
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8723 posts
3089 upvotes
Are the Microsoft store pre-orders down?
Microsoft's store seems to be the only website that lists available stock left but the Series X page
I worked a 12 hour overtime shift and missed the peak hours for placing successful pre-orders on the other major retailers.
Sep 20, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Mentioned this in the hot deals forum, giving a heads up here as well.

Those in Metro Vancouver, EB Games metrotown still have some series X and S available for preorder. I just checked and they have 30+ for the X. Open til 7pm!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2240 posts
3023 upvotes
Windsor
XFactor11 wrote: Are the Microsoft store pre-orders down?
Microsoft's store seems to be the only website that lists available stock left but the Series X page
I worked a 12 hour overtime shift and missed the peak hours for placing successful pre-orders on the other major retailers.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
emanon86 wrote: I've been buying consoles at launch since the original xbox, it's like this at every launch day. Nothing unusual or hard to believe about today. The xbox 360 was the hardest one to get if I remember correctly, there was such a tight supply and stores would get a small shipment every few weeks after launch day. I remember waiting in line at bestbuy at 2am with 50+ other people by the scarborough town centre in a snowstorm in mid December. Never again, too old for that shit now. Xbox One pre-orders (during e3) were about 5-6 months before release day, well in advance, no major issues, they were well organized. But this year, so far, looks to be a deja-vu of the 360 release.
360 release was definitely thin but then again so was PS3. And although PS4 and Xbox One pre-orders opened gingerly during E3, by launch time they were in short demand.
I was fortunate enough to go to both the 360 launch (Guvernment - RIP) and the One launch (can't remember the name but it was just North of the CNE grounds). At both events, BB/FS were on hand and you could purchase as many as you wanted. I remember hauling 4 360's out of the Guvernment scared as hell running down the street freezing to get to my car. Then popping by Future Shop (RIP) on the way home to see the poor soles lining up. I stopped and offered them one and even though I showed it, they thought I was scamming. Idiots. lol
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2224 posts
620 upvotes
Ottawa
emanon86 wrote: I've been buying consoles at launch since the original xbox, it's like this at every launch day. Nothing unusual or hard to believe about today. The xbox 360 was the hardest one to get if I remember correctly, there was such a tight supply and stores would get a small shipment every few weeks after launch day. I remember waiting in line at bestbuy at 2am with 50+ other people by the scarborough town centre in a snowstorm in mid December. Never again, too old for that shit now. Xbox One pre-orders (during e3) were about 5-6 months before release day, well in advance, no major issues, they were well organized. But this year, so far, looks to be a deja-vu of the 360 release.
Yeah, those were the days when you couldn’t preorder online and you had to stand outside the store. I remember I had trouble getting the PS2 at launch and took about 2 months sometime after Christmas where I found one at Zellers.

You’re right on the 360, that was another pain in the ass to find. As soon as small shipments were coming every couple weeks they were gone. When I finally did get one it crapped out couple months later with the dreaded RROD and I think I went through 3-4 of them in the first couple years, sending for repairs, very poorly built.

PS3 surprisingly was the easier console for me to get on launch, I guess $659 price tag at that time helped.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4520 posts
1443 upvotes
Toronto
mrtvgame wrote:
I was fortunate enough to go to both the 360 launch (Guvernment - RIP) and the One launch (can't remember the name but it was just North of the CNE grounds).
The venue was 99 Sudbury...

I've been to a bunch of XBox and Ubisoft events but the only Sony one I've been to was definitely one of the coolest, and basically ended in a Roots concert at the Guvernment
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
M1GOmigs wrote: The venue was 99 Sudbury...

I've been to a bunch of XBox and Ubisoft events but the only Sony one I've been to was definitely one of the coolest, and basically ended in a Roots concert.
The Gears of War 1 launch in the old church was spooky but nothing beat Gears of War 2 launch party in the unused Subway under Spadina? Both of those parties, free booze and a free copy of the game as you left. Then there were the Xbox Events each fall in various venues. I remember meeting Major Nelson and Cliffy B who signed a Gears 360 face plate for me. Microsoft Canada was always good to its online community members. I think the woman's name was Jade who ran the community forums and events back then.

Guess there will be no launch event this year. Crying Face