Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14731 posts
10880 upvotes
Think of the Childre…

Oil Based Heaters

Can anyone recommend an Oil Base Heater that is good?
Roughly looking to spend 80-130 cdn.

TIA

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
4 replies
Apr 8, 2010
796 posts
449 upvotes
toronto
they're all pretty good.. i had an Noma brand that was on 24x7 all winter long for 3 yrs and it's still going strong. I say whatever goes on sale at cdn tire would be good
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2027 upvotes
Toronto
I was looking at the De Longhi one on sale at Costco for $99 a few weeks ago but did not buy.
It seemed a'ight at that sale price though.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11471 posts
6653 upvotes
Paris
I have one I bought for the kids with a digital thermostat 10 years ago and one my parents bought when I was a kid 30+ years ago. The one they bought is switches and if the power blinks just goes back to where it was but for whatever stupid reason if the power blinks while mine is on it sets itself to “surface of the sun” at 28 celsius. So I would highly recommend manual controls over digital.

Edit: with manual you could also use smart switches and such
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6576 posts
6885 upvotes
Vancouver
The DeLonghi heaters are all good quality.

Just a few things to watch out for:

- Avoid older digital models that don't remember their settings when turned off or unplugged. It's a pain to have to make a dozen button presses to return it to the setting you always use from scratch every time. An older analog temperature dial that stayed in one place was better!

- If you use home automation with smart switches, keep in mind that all semi-smart electronic appliances that do not turn on automatically when you plug them in will not work with a smart switch.

- DeLonghi uses annoying high-security screws on their heaters to prevent customers from opening them to make minor repairs if anything simple like a switch or a contact ever fails.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)