Tags:
[OP]
Nov 3, 2015
254 posts
49 upvotes
Clarkson, ON

Oil Painting Reproduction

Hi,

I am looking to get oil paint reproduction made of the Season Pic2 by Arcimboldo Giuseppe.

While there are online sites that offer this, I would prefer to get it done through a local artist.

However I don't know any artists or know anything about where to start looking from. Can anyone who has had such work done before give me some tips.

Thanks.
4 replies
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1710 posts
909 upvotes
Toronto
That would be very expensive to get done at the quality I am guessing you are expecting through a local artist. I'd say conservatively, 5K bare minimum. If you are OK with a bad repro, maybe 2-3K. Chinese sweat-shop is your best bet.
Sep 30, 2015
34 posts
10 upvotes
Ashburn, ON
What hoponpop said , and......It comes with "The Certificate of Authenticity which arrives with every painting provides an assurance and verifies the authenticity of the hand painted fine art reproduction you purchased. " to prove they painted a nice copy of an original art work :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
8154 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
fractall wrote: Hi,

I am looking to get oil paint reproduction made of the Season Pic2 by Arcimboldo Giuseppe.

While there are online sites that offer this, I would prefer to get it done through a local artist.

However I don't know any artists or know anything about where to start looking from. Can anyone who has had such work done before give me some tips.

Thanks.
And do you have permission from the artist to have his work copied?

You could always take a photograph of the original work and then print it on canvas. As long as you get the colours right, at first glance, it will be indistinguishable from the original.
Aug 2, 2019
69 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
if you really want to gamble you can always ask around OCAD students (;