• Mar 2nd, 2006 9:09 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 18, 2005
30 posts

Okonomiyaki

The Eatery

This is the first restaurant I tried out after the dine-out event. This is cool and funky Japanese restaurant. It has a huge TV inside and outside playing Japanese animations, a very colorful theme color inside, and some fish and octopus hanging from the roof. Sounds quite special for a Japanese restaurant, right?
As for their food, both the quality and portion are pretty good! I tried and liked their Erotica Roll, Drunken Monkey Roll, and Fat Elvis. Also, their Mixed Seafood Okonomiyaki was tasty with seaweed and mayo sauce. This one is my favorite!

Do you guys know which other places have GREAT Okonomiyaki?
http://www.tasteof604.com - let's talk about food
14 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Where? GTA, GVRD, Montreal, Japan, or Syberia? :)
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
NDman wrote:Where? GTA, GVRD, Montreal, Japan, or Syberia? :)
judging by his sig, i would guess van-city...

unfortunately, there isn't too many places with decent okonomiyaki in toronto.. instead, my friends from osaka, hiroshima and saitama decided to have an okonomiyaki party so i can try the real-deal gyu-ten okonomiyaki.

oiishikatta!
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. I was thinking of posting about where I could find a place to try okonomiyaki in the GTA, but never got around to it until now.

I guess I'll just wait until I find a place that cooks/serves it well.
Aug 17, 2005
260 posts
4 upvotes
You can get okonomiyaki at the food court of T&T at Steeles and Middlefield.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2005
30 posts
NDman wrote:Where? GTA, GVRD, Montreal, Japan, or Syberia? :)
Yeah, it's in Vancouver.
Any great Japanese restaurants that serve great Okonomiyaki in GTA?
http://www.tasteof604.com - let's talk about food
Aug 3, 2005
147 posts
1 upvote
MadCow wrote:Wow. I was thinking of posting about where I could find a place to try okonomiyaki in the GTA, but never got around to it until now.

I guess I'll just wait until I find a place that cooks/serves it well.
there's this place by bay and bloor (actually a little south of bloor) that has this and I went a couple of times with my gf last year, they specialize in this and they actually have a few bar chairs just like in Japan and you can watch the chef cook it. It comes in a few "flavours" like chicken, beef, shrimp but I guess they taste pretty much the same. There's some other stuff on the menu like teriyaki chicken, beef which isn't bad either.

I don't remember the price but I went during lunch and it's not expensive

I'll try to get the name of the place next time I go
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2003
1879 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
tiggerpooh wrote:there's this place by bay and bloor (actually a little south of bloor) that has this and I went a couple of times with my gf last year, they specialize in this and they actually have a few bar chairs just like in Japan and you can watch the chef cook it. It comes in a few "flavours" like chicken, beef, shrimp but I guess they taste pretty much the same. There's some other stuff on the menu like teriyaki chicken, beef which isn't bad either.

Thanks for the heads up! If I'm ever around that area, I'll keep an eye out for the place.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1270 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Wasabi has them too, and they suck (and here comes the obligatory agreements on how much they suck by trueno92).
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
springroll wrote:Wasabi has them too, and they suck (and here comes the obligatory agreements on how much they suck by trueno92).
hahahah damn, you guys are getting to know me too well!

agreed, they suck. and wasabi as a dining establishment sucks.

and no, just slathering a chinese pancake with tonkatsu, mayonaise and sprinking it with katsuobushi doesn't make it okonomyaki......
☆The GTA's Finest All You Can Eat Sushi Reviews☆

☆美味しい☆美味しい☆
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
1939 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
tiggerpooh wrote:there's this place by bay and bloor (actually a little south of bloor) that has this and I went a couple of times with my gf last year, they specialize in this and they actually have a few bar chairs just like in Japan and you can watch the chef cook it. It comes in a few "flavours" like chicken, beef, shrimp but I guess they taste pretty much the same. There's some other stuff on the menu like teriyaki chicken, beef which isn't bad either.

okonomi house
been a couple of times and it's good
little oily but tasty
Deal Addict
May 5, 2005
2206 posts
1 upvote
[IMG]http://www.japan-guide.com/r/p/r100_01.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.japan-guide.com/r/e100.html

Okonomi House Restaurant
416-925-6176
23 Charles Street West
(west of Yonge/south of Bloor)
Toronto, ON

Naniwa-Taro
T&T food court on Steeles and Middlefield
(get the one with the noodles- Item #5)

(Korean seafood pancake)
Seoul Garden Korean Restaurant
905-305-0699
4350 Steeles Avenue East (Kennedy)
(Market Village)
Markham, ON
Aug 3, 2005
147 posts
1 upvote
slippy wrote:okonomi house
been a couple of times and it's good
little oily but tasty
yes that's the place....23 Charles St. W
just went today cuz this thread got me thinking of it :cheesygri
the place has been open since 1970something and they are japanese, so they must know what they are doing....
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2003
1270 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
tiggerpooh wrote:yes that's the place....23 Charles St. W
just went today cuz this thread got me thinking of it :cheesygri
the place has been open since 1970something and they are japanese, so they must know what they are doing....
or it's possible that they've been here for so long they forget everything already...I kid I kid....Gotta go sometime soon; haven't had any decent okonomi-yaki in a long time.