• Aug 18th, 2020 8:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1683 posts
379 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

Old DSLR how much worth

I have an old DSLR, Sony a 200, how much is it worth now, with stock lens. And where to sell camera other than kijiji.
<No political content in signatures>
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5117 posts
495 upvotes
Honestly it's not worth much. I sold something similar in age a Canon XS for like $50 a few years back. That camera you have is probably even worse because it's Sony A-Mount. They don't even make lenses and cameras with that mount anymore.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4386 posts
2484 upvotes
If you have absolutely no use for it, gift it to a student or a high school photography class.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4455 posts
2109 upvotes
Calgary
50 to 100$ at best if you can sell it at all, without a market. I bought it for 500$ with 2 lens over a decade ago. Your only market is novice photographers who want to learn on a very tight budget.

I still have mine, it's worth more to me as a throwaway travel camera (in unsafe locations where theft of my camera was a possibility) than it's worth selling.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1336 posts
1152 upvotes
Sorry but Sony A mount is considered dead because Sony will no longer make new bodies and new lenses for it. Everything is going toward mirrorless now. Money talks and ultimately companies have to focus on what sells the most. The market have voted with their money.

Sony is the first major brand to kill off their DSLR because their DSLR fan bases has always been quite small in the first place. Canon and Nikon will still partly do DSLR because they have a huge DSLR fan base, but not Sony.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1114 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto
Not a lot. Unless the image quality is bad, use it until it bites the dust.