Jul 11, 2004
930 posts
159 upvotes

GM FREE Oil & Filter Change for Toronto First Responders

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Old Mill / Eastside GM
[$8.88* Lube, Oil and Filter Deal is deal] Might still be free for First Responders
*Available for most makes and models.
Up to 5L of Synthentic Oil. They use Gen 1 Dexos 2 oil.
By Appointment only.
Last edited by windough on Aug 1st, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
34 replies
Oct 4, 2010
849 posts
471 upvotes
Surrey
is this the tactic where they reel you in to make you fix other 'problems' - such as replacing the Johnson rods?
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2182 posts
1096 upvotes
Brampton, ON
matrixfwd wrote: is this the tactic where they reel you in to make you fix other 'problems' - such as replacing the Johnson rods?
Only one way to find out!!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1850 posts
947 upvotes
GTA
windough wrote: *Available for most makes and models.
Is this available for non-GM vehicles or most makes & models within GM family?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24398 posts
33437 upvotes
Toronto
Use their website to see if they service your make/model

https://www.oldmillgm.ca/service/appointment/

Pretty cheap! I did my own filters (engine and passenger compartment). Those are super easy for most cars, check YouTube.

Haven't tried changing my own oil and oil filter yet.

Booked an appointment for our 2012 Kia Soul 2U for Tuesday. I'll update here with the experience once it's done.
Last edited by sprung on Jul 29th, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2559 posts
3618 upvotes
GTA
OP: Dexos 1, Gen 2 oil, which is actually a certification that many oils meet.

It's good stuff. Full synthetic.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8083 posts
4380 upvotes
sprung wrote: Use their website to see if they service your make/model

https://www.oldmillgm.ca/service/appointment/

Pretty cheap! I did my own filters (engine and passenger compartment). Those are super easy for most cars, check YouTube.

Haven't tried changing my own oil yet.
I think the deal is for oil + oil filter, not oil + air filter.

Edit: Yeah, per the appointment page:
Our Certified Service Technicians will change your engine oil, replace the oil filter and reset your oil life system.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1186 posts
386 upvotes
Booked an appointment for my Odyssey and emailed the service advisor to confirm that I will get the 8.88 pricing. Lets see what they say.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
2119 posts
2658 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Damn that's hot. Just the materials cost so much more at home. Lol

I'm in AB so it doesn't apply to me. But still +1
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12190 posts
6024 upvotes
Great deal but they always find "something" wrong.
Just say NO. No . No get your oil change and be done.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7207 posts
8987 upvotes
Scarbs
matrixfwd wrote: is this the tactic where they reel you in to make you fix other 'problems' - such as replacing the Johnson rods?
i don't let strangers touch my johnson
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2559 posts
3618 upvotes
GTA
aeba7 wrote: i don't let strangers touch my johnson
you're missing a lot of fun Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1186 posts
386 upvotes
spyhero wrote: I think Eastside GM is the better bet with their quick lube option. Less likely to receive added services like free 100 points inspection. lol

https://www.eastsidegm.ca/quick-lube/
I was quoted ~$1400 in added services when I went to switch my winter tires here. They are part of the same group, so why would their business model be different :).... you can say no thanks politely and its all good.

Although with COVID I imagine most people don't wait at the dealership while their car is being serviced, so they might have had the opportunity to tune up their phone selling skills.
Oct 4, 2010
849 posts
471 upvotes
Surrey
don't be surprised that you'll see $20 of 'misc shop supplies' at the bottom of your invoice.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1186 posts
386 upvotes
barricuda wrote: Booked an appointment for my Odyssey and emailed the service advisor to confirm that I will get the 8.88 pricing. Lets see what they say.
Service advisor responded with just "Up to 5 L of Synthetic oil" to my question if they will honour the 8.88 price for my non GM vehicle. I am going to take that as a yes, lol. Will report back after the service is done.... expecting a longish wait time as I am sure they will try to procure the oil and filter if they don't have it already only after I check in - even though I have booked an appointment with vehicle info provided in advance and offered to pre-pay as well.
Jul 16, 2006
105 posts
33 upvotes
barricuda wrote: Service advisor responded with just "Up to 5 L of Synthetic oil" to my question if they will honour the 8.88 price for my non GM vehicle. I am going to take that as a yes, lol. Will report back after the service is done.... expecting a longish wait time as I am sure they will try to procure the oil and filter if they don't have it already only after I check in - even though I have booked an appointment with vehicle info provided in advance and offered to pre-pay as well.
I went to eastside and they charge me 7.10$ for the extra 1L (I have a v6 engine) so the total including tax is 22.46$ (SYN 0W20 oil)... Thanks OPS.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9309 posts
7682 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Damn it. I literally JUST got my oil changed a week ago!
Jul 16, 2006
105 posts
33 upvotes
DragonRider wrote: Damn it. I literally JUST got my oil changed a week ago!
The lady at the reception told me that they have this special quite often (under different context like buy 100 get oil change for free , 2 for 1...)