Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Old Mill / Eastside GM

GM FREE Oil & Filter Change for Toronto First Responders

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 5:28 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
3monkeys wrote: I went to eastside and they charge me 7.10$ for the extra 1L (I have a v6 engine) so the total including tax is 22.46$ (SYN 0W20 oil)... Thanks OPS.
What was the wait time like? Did they have your oil filter in stock?
Jul 11, 2004
933 posts
163 upvotes
Was in at 3pm and my car was next in line. Car was ready at 3:45pm.

The quick lube lane is pretty efficient.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
windough wrote: Was in at 3pm and my car was next in line. Car was ready at 3:45pm.

The quick lube lane is pretty efficient.
It was a 3 hour wait for me today at Old Mill.... $10.03 total.
Jul 16, 2006
112 posts
40 upvotes
barricuda wrote: What was the wait time like? Did they have your oil filter in stock?
~ 45 mins. They checked if the filter in stock when I called to setup the appointment (I have a Venza).
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
3monkeys wrote: ~ 45 mins. They checked if the filter in stock when I called to setup the appointment (I have a Venza).
Will maybe try Eastside next week for my other car. I have been there before to switch winter tires with an appointment first thing in the morning and they still made me wait couple of hours and quoted me ~$1400 in added services after which I haven’t been back there.

I offered to prepay for the Oil Change at Old Mill so that they can get the filter in advance if needed.... they declined, lol.
Jul 11, 2004
933 posts
163 upvotes
barricuda wrote: It was a 3 hour wait for me today at Old Mill.... $10.03 total.
I did mine at East Side. My dad had the same experience at Old Mill, 2 hr wait. Can't really complain for the price.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3365 posts
3737 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they removed the promo from their website. Now showing $80 for oil change
Public Mobile customer
Lucky Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
windough wrote: I did mine at East Side. My dad had the same experience at Old Mill, 2 hr wait. Can't really complain for the price.
Killed time roaming Dollarama and Walmart nearby if anybody else goes to Old Mill :), although looks like the deal is dead.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
Would be pretty hilarious to bring our BMW i3 REx in for an oil change at GM as they'd probably scratch their heads a lot. BMW charges about $200 because they figure most people aren't capable of doing it themselves, even though it's not particularly difficult.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
barricuda wrote:
It was a 3 hour wait for me today at Old Mill.... $10.03 total.
windough wrote:
I did mine at East Side. My dad had the same experience at Old Mill, 2 hr wait. Can't really complain for the price.
3monkeys wrote: ~ 45 mins. They checked if the filter in stock when I called to setup the appointment (I have a Venza).
Sounds like I should bring my folding bike. Can do some riding along Humber River trails while I wait.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2005
2478 posts
163 upvotes
GTA
Make sure to check underneath for late model cars! Panel might be missing or cut to access filter and plug to save time.
May 9, 2018
1 posts
1 upvote
rambokid wrote: Make sure to check underneath for late model cars! Panel might be missing or cut to access filter and plug to save time.
This legitimate promotions expired at the end of July
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8048 posts
8623 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Diane is gone for the weekend and she is th only one who is booking first responders for a oils change. The promo is still on.
Last edited by TransporterSD on Aug 1st, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
4053 posts
1127 upvotes
North York
Just called East Side - service department mentioned that for the month of August - you have to spend $100 to get the $8.88 special for Oil change and filter. Any one got a different response?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
My quick review. Arrived at Old Mill for 3:45PM appointment. Dropped off car then walked around plaza/neighborhood. It's a 2012 Kia Soul 2U.

Car ready at 5:15PM. Total cost with tax was $10.03. Very pleased. Everyone in masks. Sanitizer available everywhere in service department. Excellent deal.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)