Shopping Discussion

Old Navy doesn't ship in a timely fashion anymore ?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 6:22 pm
[OP]
Member
Feb 5, 2013
216 posts
130 upvotes

Old Navy doesn't ship in a timely fashion anymore ?

Is Old Navy in bankruptcy or something?

The online site bills you on the day you place the order, then auto generates a UPS label soon enough. But these are not picked up.

My order was placed June 26th didn't got pick up so far ( July 21st).

This is not an UPS issue. If one goes to the OldNavy Canada Facebook page
facebook.com/OldNavyCanada/reviews/

one can see the Sh*t show it is.

They don't even reply to customer's emails anymore. And phone takes forever.

Time to request a chargeback? Are they defrauding several customers?

Before the pandemic, there were talks that GAP was struggling and closing but OldNavy booming (in the US I believe) so they were considering splitting the companies to do an IPO of Old Navy. Now I don't know anymore...

Opinions? Have you been affected?
Anyone has more information about the business situation? Thanks for your comments below.
26 replies
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 26, 2014
197 posts
166 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I had a similar issue recently, it took about a month and a half to get my order. I called customer support, they said it was a problem with the shipper that is causing the delays. They did refund me 15% of my order and i got my package the following week
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 3, 2014
3157 posts
2806 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Dude. Look at the name.

Is it "New Air Force"? No. It's "Old Navy". How do you think they ship to you? Using a jet plane? Why would they when they clearly advertise they're using old naval vessels. They're likely using a gaff-rigged sloop.

Sheesh.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 14, 2001
4850 posts
3252 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
ha ha ha

takes month(s) to get things from them..

See these threads:
ups-held-delivery-2363902/
old-navy-old-navy-15-5-reusable-face-ma ... n-2384967/

and Global News article:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7118168/coro ... -old-navy/

“I was talking to a friendly guy at UPS, saying that right now they were not picking up the Old Navy orders because of an issue, so he couldn’t help me out,” he said. “It’s something that’s through Old Navy.“

--

With that said, I finally received my mask order after waiting a month. I'll never order Old Navy online again.. unless it's a really good deal, the RFD motto!

Image
😱
Newbie
Jul 6, 2020
4 posts
4 upvotes
I had an order from Banana Republic that shipped early June and was stuck on "label created" for over a month. Once UPS picked it up I got it the next day. I've had other shipments through UPS and they've honestly been speedy so I think the issue is with Gap.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
16824 posts
32818 upvotes
Scarborough
My last two Old Navy orders both took around 3 weeks before they were delivered. If you need something quick, definitely don't order online.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
[OP]
Member
Feb 5, 2013
216 posts
130 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: Dude. Look at the name.

Is it "New Air Force"? No. It's "Old Navy". How do you think they ship to you? Using a jet plane? Why would they when they clearly advertise they're using old naval vessels. They're likely using a gaff-rigged sloop.

Sheesh.
Hehehe, nice! Upvoted!
[OP]
Member
Feb 5, 2013
216 posts
130 upvotes
Thanks for all the posts. Anyone knows whats going on? This is clearly on OldNavy/GAP issue and I really think this retailer is having difficulties.

When you hold customer's orders for months but bill instantly, even with the time it takes for the credit card company to pay the retailer, the retailer is creating free cash flow... In other words, you're financing their operation with the orders. They wouldn't do this for the reputation cost, but I'm not sure at this point they can do differently or care.

I'm certain they will file for bankruptcy soon because this scheme is making new online sales drop a lot.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2541 posts
3511 upvotes
St Clements, MB
Today, I received an order which I placed exactly a month ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2015
3007 posts
1509 upvotes
Montreal, QC
yeah. free ship takes like a month now. i don't know about paying extra to get it earlier as i haven't tried and don't feel like paying more for it
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2541 posts
3511 upvotes
St Clements, MB
If I didn't pay with a discounted gift card (from paypal digital gifts), I would have already disputed the charge with my credit card.
Jr. Member
May 15, 2012
150 posts
70 upvotes
Alberta
They have now put up this disclaimer on their website.
Your order may arrive after the original estimated delivery date. Our shipping partners are unfortunately delayed due to unusually high volume.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44355 posts
7682 upvotes
Ya old Navy is slow due to bloody Covid-19. They are not doing anything to speed things up in terms of logistics. Even if you pay for shipping, it still takes time. Buyer beware! Pathetic line of business.

Wouldn't surprise me if they don't make any profits and instead make a huge loss. Wouldn't feel sorry either.
Blanka
Newbie
Jan 18, 2015
50 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My order placed on the 3rd of July, shipped on the 6th and was picked up on the 21st. It was delivered on the 22nd.

So things take from 2 weeks to a month, if they ship from the Brampton distribution centre.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2541 posts
3511 upvotes
St Clements, MB
djemzine wrote: Ya old Navy is slow due to bloody Covid-19. They are not doing anything to speed things up in terms of logistics
A good online retailer would have found an alternative delivery model to using UPS for full delivery journeys from warehouse and stores to your home. If UPS is over capacity at the its Concord (Ont.) processing facility wouldn't shipping full truckloads of parcels destined to Western Canada to the respective local processing facilities in Western Canada for last mile delivery be more successful?

Or is this just a money issue for Gap Inc that it doesn't have the funds to pay for shipping?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44355 posts
7682 upvotes
cslusarc wrote: A good online retailer would have found an alternative delivery model to using UPS for full delivery journeys from warehouse and stores to your home. If UPS is over capacity at the its Concord (Ont.) processing facility wouldn't shipping full truckloads of parcels destined to Western Canada to the respective local processing facilities in Western Canada for last mile delivery be more successful?

Or is this just a money issue for Gap Inc that it doesn't have the funds to pay for shipping?
Agree with all your points.
Blanka
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2002
2172 posts
931 upvotes
Toronto
I’m sure the problem is with Gap, not UPS. Normally retailers are not allowed to charge your credit card (just an authorization) until the order ships. Gap is exploiting this by creating the shipping label and marking it as shipped (therefore charging your card). Then it sits in this status for weeks until it really gets packaged, ships and is picked up by the courrier. I cannot see GAP having thousands of parcels sitting in their warehouse for weeks waiting for UPS.

I avoid such retailers.
Celebrating 20+ years on RFD!

FS: Denon AVR 1713 home theatre package
Member
Feb 23, 2010
234 posts
185 upvotes
I ordered something on July 6th expected by July 23rd.
I received two tracking codes for UPS but it never ever updated the status until...

The second of the two apparently was ready for shipment, was picked up from the Concord facility 22nd and dropped off yesterday 23rd July.

Stull havent received partial shipment, but better than nothing. Won’t ever order online with them again
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8711 posts
2366 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote: I’m sure the problem is with Gap, not UPS. Normally retailers are not allowed to charge your credit card (just an authorization) until the order ships. Gap is exploiting this by creating the shipping label and marking it as shipped (therefore charging your card). Then it sits in this status for weeks until it really gets packaged, ships and is picked up by the courrier. I cannot see GAP having thousands of parcels sitting in their warehouse for weeks waiting for UPS.

I avoid such retailers.
Wife works for gap. At least at her store, about 30 garbage bags with 40-50 packages inside. UPS will only pick up 1 garbage bag a day. Maybe 2 if the driver didn't fill up his bucket from the rest of the mall. Staff recieve so many orders from online that they generate about 2 garbage bags a day.

Wouldn't be surprised if old Navy is experiencing the same thing.

Top