Shopping Discussion

Old Navy doesn't ship in a timely fashion anymore ?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 6:22 pm
Jul 31, 2005
382 posts
51 upvotes
According to my local Banana Republic, UPS does not have the capacity to deliver all the packages due to drivers getting sick and social distancing measures in the warehouses. Since they aren’t able house the packages in warehouse they have a special allocation for each retailer on how many packages they can pick up on a daily basis. The number fluctuates based on the peak capacity of the system. My BR is able to pick up 25 orders per day however they are fulfilling 150 orders in store daily.

On some days UPS picks up more however the backlog is definitely with UPS and not with Gap Inc. they said UPS is getting the same volume as the holiday season without all the seasonal drivers and they only have a finite amount of trucks to deliver the goods.

My local BR had packages waiting to be picked up stacked to the ceiling in the fitting room
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2235 posts
1033 upvotes
Toronto
EPcjay wrote: Wife works for gap. At least at her store, about 30 garbage bags with 40-50 packages inside. UPS will only pick up 1 garbage bag a day. Maybe 2 if the driver didn't fill up his bucket from the rest of the mall. Staff recieve so many orders from online that they generate about 2 garbage bags a day.

Wouldn't be surprised if old Navy is experiencing the same thing.
In that case Gap (and their company stores) need to find a new shipping company or just renegotiate their SLA terms with UPS . In the end, customers purchase a product and want it delivered in a reasonable amount of time. They don’t care about the logistic. You can’t use “COVID-19” as an excuse forever when other retailers don’t have any problems fulfilling orders, often within a day. A bad experience is a lost customer.
Celebrating 20+ years on RFD!
Mar 6, 2015
312 posts
230 upvotes
Quebec, QC
I placed one order, but apparently the items were in two different warehouses. Two shipping labels created within a couple of days of the order. First one picked up a couple of days later, and arrives a week or so after that. Second one didn't move beyond the label stage for 2 weeks, but was delivered 3-4 days after it finally shipped.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1441 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
So it is indeed slow ( mine took a month)
But how are they handling returns? It does
not appear that there is any extension given...
Nov 26, 2012
431 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I'm getting shipments from other retailers through UPS just fine...It's only ON/GAP/BR that were slow. I wonder if they are only picking up 1 bag at a time because they don't want to extend Gap Inc too much credit lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2657 posts
2660 upvotes
Ottawa
We ordered from Old Navy a few months ago. It took 1 week for them to create the label, another 2 weeks for UPS to actually pick it up, and then 2 weeks more before we got it.

We don't order from them anymore after friends and family all experienced the same thing. We've asked family to stop gifting us Old Navy gift cards as well.

We will now only purchase from them in-store, if at all.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8761 posts
2393 upvotes
wysiwyg wrote: In that case Gap (and their company stores) need to find a new shipping company or just renegotiate their SLA terms with UPS . In the end, customers purchase a product and want it delivered in a reasonable amount of time. They don’t care about the logistic. You can’t use “COVID-19” as an excuse forever when other retailers don’t have any problems fulfilling orders, often within a day. A bad experience is a lost customer.
Indeed, and they aren't even adapting to the first in first out approach. No idea what their management is thinking.