Hot Deals

[Old Navy] Old Navy: $15 for 5 Reusable Face Masks (Triple-Layer Cotton) Adults & Children

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 11:48 am
Nov 14, 2006
233 posts
261 upvotes
Montreal
This is sad but please do not encourage Old Navy as an on-going business concern. No control over fulfillment whatsoever nor are they willing to improve by addressing the flaws.

This situation could be due to Old Navy being offer for sale by the parent company but the buyer bolted recently. So Old Navy business unit is in limbo and the Canadian franchise is even worse off in terms of management that are left who cares about customer service. I have also heard (this part is not confirmed) Old Navy in Kingston did not pay rent and got shut by the landlord.

I am just afraid charging my credit card in early June and not delivering could be sign of die-ing business struggling to pomp up cash. Will Old Navy deliver as promised? Time will tell. However, I strongly recommend against ordering anything new with Old Navy.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2008
1123 posts
184 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Does Old Navy or Gap sell these masks in store?
Feb 5, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes
Yes, I bought a kids set in store, they were in a bin by the cash.
Nov 24, 2014
17 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cchenzz wrote: This situation could be due to Old Navy being offer for sale by the parent company but the buyer bolted recently.
Do you have a source for that? From what i've just read, they were going to split off Old Navy from the rest of the Gap brands (The Gap, Banana Republic, etc) because it was doing so much better than the rest of the portfolio (Old Navy having $8bn revenues, and the other Gap brands having $9bn in revenues). And there wasn't a buyer per se - they were going to float it as a public company on the stock market (with, presumably, Gap maintaining the majority of the shares).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/business ... index.html
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13122 posts
4804 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rvs007 wrote: The original shipping notice was received on June 3rd, with an estimated delivery date of June 17th.

I was able to reach their customer service by live chat on Tuesday and I inquired about this shipment. I'm not sure if that helped "push things out the door" finally.
Update: The delayed package arrived today (supposed to be on Monday).
Nov 14, 2006
233 posts
261 upvotes
Montreal
noyesno wrote: Do you have a source for that? From what i've just read, they were going to split off Old Navy from the rest of the Gap brands (The Gap, Banana Republic, etc) because it was doing so much better than the rest of the portfolio (Old Navy having $8bn revenues, and the other Gap brands having $9bn in revenues). And there wasn't a buyer per se - they were going to float it as a public company on the stock market (with, presumably, Gap maintaining the majority of the shares).

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/28/business ... index.html
You are correct. It was to be a split and operate a separate entity but there was not enough appetitive for IPO to take place. Two CEO changes, in short time span. I was impressed with Gap (GPS) long time ago to own the share then sold them but now I would not touch this one. On a minor note, I did find news that Simon Property is suing Gap for $66M for non payment of rent early June.
Sep 17, 2007
316 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone successfully cancelled their order? I know it says final sale but they pushed my delivery date for yet another month.

I ordered both the Gap and Old Navy sets end of May and just received the Old navy ones but the Gap set got pushed to end of July (original delivery was June 21) so I don’t want them anymore. I got the PKG ones and they’re nice.

I’m not that impressed with the old navy ones but they are relatively cheap compared to $10+ masks.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3959 posts
2037 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
b0ne wrote: I have a couple packages stuck for 3 weeks at waiting for pickup from UPS.
One package is now moving!!

In Transit 06/26/2020 4:54 Concord, ON, Canada
Past Event Shipped 06/25/2020 16:31 Concord, ON, Canada
Past Event Label Created 06/03/2020 11:03 Canada
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9654 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Saw masks at my local Walmart the other day right in front of cashiers located at 1900 major Mackenzie walmart
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
May 10, 2017
260 posts
143 upvotes
This is probably the best non medical mask I’ve ordered.
Received mine and they’re really comfortable and no issues with breathing.
Donate to your local food bank today!
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2872 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto
cchenzz wrote: This is sad but please do not encourage Old Navy as an on-going business concern. No control over fulfillment whatsoever nor are they willing to improve by addressing the flaws.

This situation could be due to Old Navy being offer for sale by the parent company but the buyer bolted recently. So Old Navy business unit is in limbo and the Canadian franchise is even worse off in terms of management that are left who cares about customer service. I have also heard (this part is not confirmed) Old Navy in Kingston did not pay rent and got shut by the landlord.

I am just afraid charging my credit card in early June and not delivering could be sign of die-ing business struggling to pomp up cash. Will Old Navy deliver as promised? Time will tell. However, I strongly recommend against ordering anything new with Old Navy.
My contrary thoughts: Old Navy's website is the best I've ever used, other than RFD, of course. So easy to search, order, update, get discounts, etc. So went with it. Time will tell about shipments. But will cut them some slack for my above noted reasons. Seems order was split in two, but both appear to be sent by UPS soon enough
Feb 5, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes
Old Navy shipped my order promptly. It was split into 3 shipments. The first arrived within the week. The second was held by UPS for 2 weeks at Concord Ontario. The third was held by UPS for 2 1/2 weeks at my local UPS. Old Navy, like a lot of companies are dealing with this covid mess as best they can and so is UPS.