Expired Offers

Locked: Triple-Layer Cloth Face Masks for Adults (5 for $15)

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2020 7:29 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3354 posts
1135 upvotes
Ottawa
RuffRydas wrote: For crying out loud, stop being selfish! Wearing these masks aren’t meant to help you, they’re meant to reduce the risk to those around you!
ok not sure why you read that as being selfish
if you end up getting sick from touching your face more with mask-wearing, the effect is that there is still a risk to those around you as these are not N95 masks
not to mention the effect it will have on your household members when you are not wearing masks
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
3187 posts
1246 upvotes
I really should slam the brakes on this one. Since this pandemic started what I've bought the most online are stupid masks and hair clippers. Last week, I finally got my hair clippers from Costco. Still haven't received my masks and hair clippers from friggin' AliExpress abroad. Checking the mail every day hoping they'll finally show up.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2053 posts
488 upvotes
Montreal
Raead wrote: love it when people are so hero-syndrome that they feel the need to post everywhere spreading false information

stop using the "false-sense-of-security" as a reason already, human are smart enough to do both covering+distancing, unless you are a 2 yearold who can only do one single thing at a time. Be smarter.

it only take 2 seconds to know even using a soft-taco as face cover is still better than zero-cover. Everyone need to try harder, if you don't try, you are part of the problem
Are you a healthcare worker? If so, I'm sure your opinion would change. I lost faith in humanity ever since the pandemic started.
We've struggled to educate people on proper hand washing for over 100 years. Do you really think people would wear masks properly in less than 1 month?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1175 posts
805 upvotes
Toronto
Yragorn wrote: Are you a healthcare worker? If so, I'm sure your opinion would change. I lost faith in humanity ever since the pandemic started.
We've struggled to educate people on proper hand washing for over 100 years. Do you really think people would wear masks properly in less than 1 month?
It took you until the pandemic to lose faith in people? Man you were part of the problem before this then.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2053 posts
488 upvotes
Montreal
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: It took you until the pandemic to lose faith in people? Man you were part of the problem before this then.
I was hopeful people had common sense.
Jun 29, 2016
809 posts
362 upvotes
I do not like wearing this things. I have the feeling of being smothered, it fogs up my glasses and it is very uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. The medical ones are a bit better since they have the metal band which molds over the nose, they tend to stay in place and the material is a higher quality. I would get those, or at least I would try different types before committing.
Imo (not in the medical field, some regular schmo) masks are useless unless they are used properly. Good hand washing practices, not touching your face outside, physical distancing, coughing in the elbow would give better protection.
I hope a vaccine or treatment becomes available soon.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
2839 posts
92 upvotes
Yragorn wrote: Are you a healthcare worker? If so, I'm sure your opinion would change. I lost faith in humanity ever since the pandemic started.
so instead, human should just stop trying? is that what you're implying?
everything is difficult to start, just because its hard, it don't mean human should just give up

I think you didn't lose faith in other, you lost faith in yourself
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2282 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
sixer wrote: Anything is better than nothing.
Maybe use hands to cover the mouth?
Now mask become fashions?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2922 posts
2514 upvotes
thx OP why not
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9925 posts
1362 upvotes
killer007 wrote: Maybe use hands to cover the mouth?
... now your hand touch things. Other people / kids touch things you did.... great advice

Get a mask. Cough into that.
Jun 10, 2002
96 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
thehockeyguy wrote: I agree, many North Americans don’t get this. It protects others, not yourself. Almost everyone wear mask in Asia, way less cases and they are close together all the time.
Yes this. Too many people are thinking of protecting themselves, but not about preventing spreading as a community. Just like vaccinations.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3329 posts
1062 upvotes
killer007 wrote: Maybe use hands to cover the mouth?
Heavy breathing could spread the virus to people close to you, do you want to cover your mouth with your hand at all times?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5851 posts
1601 upvotes
Calgary
3EcrgXYFRQNq2MJ81rNw5fIHFz3FMcKcc1JkRHuiBWc.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2053 posts
488 upvotes
Montreal
Raead wrote: so instead, human should just stop trying? is that what you're implying?
everything is difficult to start, just because its hard, it don't mean human should just give up

I think you didn't lose faith in other, you lost faith in yourself
There's trying and there's benefits vs risks. Misusing masks has higher risks than benefits.

I prefer a step based approach than slamming all the possibilities at once.

March period social distancing/hand washing/isolation was good start. Adding the masks during that period would of divided the population in choosing whatever they want to begin with first and forget the rest.

Once the social distancing/hand washing/isolation is effectively in place and applied widely, then education on mask usage are to begin.
We haven't reached that point yet.

I'm not implying that people should just stop trying. You learn your basics before you progress to the next level is what I mean.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2282 posts
205 upvotes
Mississauga
But you know what most ppl do...
They use their dirty hand pulled the masks down to the chins and talk and walk around.
After they feel like putting back on, they use their dirty hand again, pull the masks back up....

And if your have a scraf, it's about the same protection....