• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 1:28 am
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
314 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK

Is OLED Bravia TV worth it over LED Bravia TV

Hi, Is OLED worth it over LED because OLED's price is 40% more from LED TV. OR should I buy advanced LED which quality has not much difference from OLED to save the money. Any advise?
10 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21179 posts
7565 upvotes
Toronto
For pure image quality for a lot of content, yes OLED is most definitely worth the 40%+ price premium. It’s a HUGE improvement, at least if you watch in a dark room. That said, OLED has some disadvantages, including the risk of burn-in if you’re not careful.

For the record, I own both the LG C8 OLED and the Sony X900H LCD. The X900H is decent but it just is not in the same league as the C8, despite the X900H being several years newer. I also own the Sony X800E and that one is a couple tiers lower in quality.

So: LG C8 OLED >> Sony X900H LCD (VA) >> Sony X800E LCD (IPS)

(The X800E has much better viewing angles than the X900H though, which is one reason I bought the X800E.)
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
314 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
IS QLED has big difference then OLED.
Sony OLED is expensive. Should i consider any other Brand i.e Samsung etc for OLED
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21179 posts
7565 upvotes
Toronto
shakilhyd wrote: IS QLED has big difference then OLED.
Sony OLED is expensive. Should i consider any other Brand i.e Samsung etc for OLED
QLED is just Samsung's marketing term for their version of higher end LCD (with quantum dots). ("QLED" is not an accepted industry-wide technical term.) Samsung QLEDs compete with Sony's higher end LCDs. Samsung doesn't sell OLED TVs yet. Next year.

Your main OLED options in Canada are Sony, LG, and Panasonic.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
314 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
EugW wrote: QLED is just Samsung's marketing term for their version of higher end LCD (with quantum dots). ("QLED" is not an accepted industry-wide technical term.) Samsung QLEDs compete with Sony's higher end LCDs. Samsung doesn't sell OLED TVs yet. Next year.

Your main OLED options in Canada are Sony, LG, and Panasonic.
Is OLED of LG and Panasonic are comparatively same (result wise) with Sony or Sony has much better than LG/Panasonic?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21179 posts
7565 upvotes
Toronto
shakilhyd wrote: Is OLED of LG and Panasonic are comparatively same (result wise) with Sony or Sony has much better than LG/Panasonic?
All of the panels are made by LG. There are generally two grades of panels: Excellent and a touch better than excellent.

Since all the panels are LG, the biggest differences between the various brands come down to the software and image processing, as well as other features like the sound system and design, etc.

Sony might have the best image processor, with Panasonic often having good out-of-the-box colour, but people are generally very pleased with their LG OLEDs.
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
314 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
EugW wrote: For pure image quality for a lot of content, yes OLED is most definitely worth the 40%+ price premium. It’s a HUGE improvement, at least if you watch in a dark room. That said, OLED has some disadvantages, including the risk of burn-in if you’re not careful.

For the record, I own both the LG C8 OLED and the Sony X900H LCD. The X900H is decent but it just is not in the same league as the C8, despite the X900H being several years newer. I also own the Sony X800E and that one is a couple tiers lower in quality.

So: LG C8 OLED >> Sony X900H LCD (VA) >> Sony X800E LCD (IPS)

(The X800E has much better viewing angles than the X900H though, which is one reason I bought the X800E.)
Hi, I didn't find the SONY X800E in best buy. Can you send me the link of X800E or which is good to buy under $2500-$2800
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21179 posts
7565 upvotes
Toronto
shakilhyd wrote: Hi, I didn't find the SONY X800E in best buy. Can you send me the link of X800E or which is good to buy under $2500-$2800
The X800E is an older TV. Last year's model is the X800H, and this year's is the X80J. I wouldn't usually recommend it though, since it's a lower mid-end IPS LCD. I got it specifically because I needed wide viewing angles in that room, and didn't want to spend too much money on it.

I would usually recommend OLED, or if that's too expensive, then consider VA LCD (unless you need wide viewing angles).
[OP]
Jun 14, 2011
314 posts
46 upvotes
EAST YORK
EugW wrote: The X800E is an older TV. Last year's model is the X800H, and this year's is the X80J. I wouldn't usually recommend it though, since it's a lower mid-end IPS LCD. I got it specifically because I needed wide viewing angles in that room, and didn't want to spend too much money on it.

I would usually recommend OLED, or if that's too expensive, then consider VA LCD (unless you need wide viewing angles).
How can I can find Sony VA LCD TV 65" from best buy website to buy? OR Can you send me the link?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21179 posts
7565 upvotes
Toronto
shakilhyd wrote: How can I can find Sony VA LCD TV 65" from best buy website to buy? OR Can you send me the link?
X900H (2020 model)
X90J (2021 model)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)