Personal Finance

OLG.ca no longer accepting TD Visa Debit -- Same for anyone else?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 9:24 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2007
686 posts
184 upvotes
Scarborough

OLG.ca no longer accepting TD Visa Debit -- Same for anyone else?

As the title says, I received a new TD Visa Debit card a few months back (old one reached the expiry date), and went to use the new one for the first time on OLG.ca and it was denied. Talking to OLG.ca, they stated their logs show it was denied/declined due to the transaction use/type.

I know TD doesn't allow their regular Visas on that site/for gambling, but I'm a bit shocked my Visa Debit doesn't work. Has anyone else with a newer card (replaced since September or so) noticed the same? Likely calling them later, given this was my only way to fund that site (no one else seems to have Visa Debit and no one supports Interac Online anymore), and it made it easy to buy Lottomax or 649 when the jackpots were why or there were subscription promos.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
3 replies
Nov 14, 2010
930 posts
199 upvotes
I thought TD Canada Trust was one of the few banks to support Interac Online. Did you give it a shot?

It seems STACK stopped working on olg.ca as well.

Out here ALC still accepts Stack, as well as bill-pay, interac online, vouchers from lotto retailers, and paypal. You guys are behind the times in the centre of the universe.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8373 posts
2238 upvotes
Mississauga
Royal Bank still working.

Happy New Year
Jul 6, 2017
138 posts
86 upvotes
cheapskatescooner wrote: I thought TD Canada Trust was one of the few banks to support Interac Online. Did you give it a shot?
You can only use Interac Online if you have one of the old TD debit cards without Visa Debit capability. There's some kind of rule preventing debit cards from being part of more than one online payment system.

Also it wouldn't do any good. When I contacted TD about my debit card not working on OLG they said that their cards no longer support gambling transactions.