Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Olight Canada] NOV 28! Free Flash Light for New & Old customers! $5 Shipping?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2019 6:34 pm
Jul 27, 2010
988 posts
704 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Shadow888 wrote: I was able to add both I3E and I1R to cart and still 9.99 shipping, anyone else tried?
I tried but a pop-up said "only for old customers" and wouldn't let me add it to my cart.
Jan 10, 2006
429 posts
184 upvotes
Shadow888 wrote: I was able to add both I3E and I1R to cart and still 9.99 shipping, anyone else tried?
I did that too, and the total came to $26. Seems like they have a flat rate $10 shipping, and free shipping on orders over $59.

The "100% free gift" marketing ends up backfiring when the realization hits that it's not free at all, but only a slightly better discount than typical sale prices. I realize getting something for free is pretty unlikely in general, but disguising a discount as "free" is what irritates.

The way to really get it free is to place an order for more than $59.
Jan 10, 2006
429 posts
184 upvotes
1_blue_pixel wrote: I tried but a pop-up said "only for old customers" and wouldn't let me add it to my cart.
You can't add the "free" i1R one to your cart as a new customer, but there is a link to a 20% discounted i1R 2 EOS for $16 which you can purchase.
Apr 8, 2007
267 posts
77 upvotes
fizikz wrote: I did that too, and the total came to $26. Seems like they have a flat rate $10 shipping, and free shipping on orders over $59.

The "100% free gift" marketing ends up backfiring when the realization hits that it's not free at all, but only a slightly better discount than typical sale prices. I realize getting something for free is pretty unlikely in general, but disguising a discount as "free" is what irritates.

Didn't really backfire for them as they got a bunch of people's emails for free. That they of course are going to spam. Now I have to unsubscribe/delete my account.
Jan 10, 2006
429 posts
184 upvotes
bnevets27 wrote: Didn't really backfire for them as they got a bunch of people's emails for free. That they of course are going to spam. Now I have to unsubscribe/delete my account.
That's exactly what it smells like. I (and others) contacted them saying as much and asked them to delete my account. They don't have an option for this on the website.

You may be pleased to know a rep is answering emails at this hour.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4463 posts
3045 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Yeah, at $10, not gonna do it. Don't really need another flashlight as I just got the M2R Warrior from them few weeks back.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Oct 14, 2007
326 posts
227 upvotes
Thedford
One less thing to buy today. They might have gotten away with a $7 shipping fee, but they busted the threshold with $10
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1144 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1_blue_pixel wrote: What if the shipping is $10.00? Worth it now?
Nope. AliExpress well rated knock-off (or maybe not a knockoff if it’s actually an OEM design) is $3, so imma goons go with that.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Feb 18, 2007
557 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
$10 S&H.,

And i'm out.
michelangelo88 wrote: Nope. AliExpress well rated knock-off (or maybe not a knockoff if it’s actually an OEM design) is $3, so imma goons go with that.
Got a link?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1144 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danascully wrote: $10 S&H.,

And i'm out.

Got a link?
I think that site’s links are banned here. Go there and search for AloneFire P24 LED Flashlight Light Mini Bulb Lamp Key Chain Ring Keychain Clear Lamp Torch Keyring.

I found it by searching keychain torch and found quite a few waterproof ones. If olight is purchasing OEM products and branding them, then similar looking products will be all over such sites.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13940 posts
8360 upvotes
Toronto
Parrajara wrote: Friendly reminder, today is the day.
At $9.99 shipping I don't think I will do it. Was expecting it to be $5 since others mentioned this has been the cost in the past.
Thanks for the reminder but yeah, $10 shipping kills this deal.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
1399 posts
34 upvotes
Markham
fizikz wrote: I did that too, and the total came to $26. Seems like they have a flat rate $10 shipping, and free shipping on orders over $59.

Not sure how, but I was able to get both for 9.99, and paid:

Items Qty Price
I3E EOS Black Free Gift

SKU: AM-i3E-Black-CA-Free

1 CAD$0.00
I1R 2 EOS Free Gift

SKU: AM-OL-I1R-II-CA-OS-Free

1 CAD$0.00
Subtotal CAD$0.00
Shipping & Handling CAD$9.99
Grand Total CAD$9.99
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2236 posts
1673 upvotes
Ottawa
$10 shipping... I'm out.
Dec 21, 2007
724 posts
201 upvotes
Scarborough
$10 = pass for me, especially when I see they use Amazon for shipping. Went to Amazon.ca and could purchase it outright for around $11 with free shipping (prime), so really only about a $1 savings here.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.