[OLight] OLight 13E EOS (1x AAA) flashlight FREE+$5 shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 4:53 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3115 posts
2170 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, ordered one ... and another one for my family Face With Tears Of Joy, always wanted an Olight flashlight but couldn't justify the cost of one but at $5 flat it's a hot deal Face With Tears Of Joy

On their web site, almost 400,000 sold in just 12 hours ... WOW!!!
Last edited by gumby on Jul 12th, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2017
641 posts
251 upvotes
Ham, ON
Daijoubu wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:45 am
If it's anything remotely bright, it will be dead in minutes, just keep in mind of its limitation.

A long time ago before everyone had cellphone, a EDC flashlight may make sense but all phones have LEDs nowadays...

I'll rather get a rechargeable lithium-ion flashlight, higher max brightness and last longer
False, I can not stick a phone in my mouth to hold the light source when I need concentrated light when both hands are occupied, as I find I do all the time with my current edc light: https://www.amazon.ca/ThruNite-Ti3-Flas ... B00LUO028U
Feb 15, 2007
31 posts
35 upvotes
Mississauga
Ordered one. I'm a longtime flashlight enthusiast and olight is a legitimate company. They've been around for a looong time.
Sep 26, 2015
324 posts
151 upvotes
Shows out of stock for me when I try and place the order?

Tried again, order coming out to $18 even though it says free gift.
Last edited by nagooro on Jul 12th, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 7, 2007
361 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
I just created an account and login. This flash light is already in the cart. But it shows CAD$13.95. What happen? It is not free.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8682 posts
1692 upvotes
Montreal, QC
badOne wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:47 am
45 mins
45mins figures using alkaline isn't regulated, full brightness for 7mins then it goes down.
Performance with a Ni-Mh cell is pretty solid however

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/44513

See how much brighter lithium does? Stupid bright (4x brighter) but this little light gets WAY hot, to the point of shrinking the wrapper lol

There's only so much a step-up/boost converter can do to bring the 1.2/1.5V to 3V+ to drive the LED, as voltage drop, current will skyrocket.
trilobites wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:54 am

Show us where can we get these items for $5.
I never said it will cost $5 lol but I did buy some rechargeable blinking lights for bicycle for a buck or two...
pooper wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:00 pm
They are still making money selling for $5 shipped. These cost pennies to make.
No way worth 17 bucks.

1xAAA battery? Ouch. Won't last long.

Not a good deal IMO.

No I did not downvote this!
I didn't downvote either :P

But yeah, also not a fan of screw head on/off, depending on the machining precision, if you keep it loose/off position, the head may loosen up with vibration (eg keychain) and get lost.
Too tight and it will randomly turn on and drain the battery.

I have a feeling the only thing keeping the head from falling off is the friction from the o-ring and it will dry up/shrink with time, granted it's just a $5 item.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15579 posts
4864 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:45 am
If it's anything remotely bright, it will be dead in minutes, just keep in mind of its limitation.

A long time ago before everyone had cellphone, a EDC flashlight may make sense but all phones have LEDs nowadays...

I'll rather get a rechargeable lithium-ion flashlight, higher max brightness and last longer
Its a keychain light for when your not carrying a bright light unless you go everywhere with a 1000+ lumen light. Is that an 18650 flashlight in your pocket or are you just very glad to see us?
Unlike your cell phone light its probably twice as bright and more then twice as throwy.

pooper wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:00 pm
They are still making money selling for $5 shipped. These cost pennies to make.
No way worth 17 bucks.

1xAAA battery? Ouch. Won't last long.

Not a good deal IMO.

No I did not downvote this!
With 1 x AAA i would not expect much, the batteries hold so little energy. I plan to have it on the keychain and recharge after any use of more then a couple minutes of use or over 10-15 minutes combined.
Here is a brightness chart, i cannot verify its authenticity but its believable

Full review
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/43821
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8682 posts
1692 upvotes
Montreal, QC
DealFixation wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:06 pm
False, I can not stick a phone in my mouth to hold the light source when I need concentrated light when both hands are occupied, as I find I do all the time with my current edc light: https://www.amazon.ca/ThruNite-Ti3-Flas ... B00LUO028U
Then you should really consider getting a headlamp instead to free your mouth :)
My goto budget headlamp is this little guy http://budgetlightforum.com/node/58827

Takes a 18650 (not included, can be salvaged off old laptop battery packs), built-in micro-USB charging and cost less than $15
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2000LM-XM-L2-LE ... 3516310061
This seller ships using SpeedPak so should arrive within a week or two, tracking end to end.

In a pinch, I've tucked my phone in my pants as well as use my shirt pocket, finally a use for them ;)
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2112 posts
2006 upvotes
Quebec
niceguy1234 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:21 pm
I just created an account and login. This flash light is already in the cart. But it shows CAD$13.95. What happen? It is not free.
Same, might be OOS?
Sep 26, 2015
324 posts
151 upvotes
It says the Tan one is out of stock but you can still get the black one, however its coming out to $13 and $5 shipping...In the cart it shows Free Gift, but charges you for it.
Jun 11, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
OLight's quality is solid. It's a US registered company but all products are designed, made, and shipped from a company called "AO LEI", DongGuan city, Guangdong Province, China. I lived there for 14 years. They just rebranded their product into OLight and sell it oversea. Nonetheless, a solid product is a solid product, no matter where it was made.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1279 posts
695 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How are they making money on this?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3503 posts
433 upvotes
nagooro wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 12:40 pm
It says the Tan one is out of stock but you can still get the black one, however its coming out to $13 and $5 shipping...In the cart it shows Free Gift, but charges you for it.
Same here. Looks like this free promo might be over. Guess I'll have to stick with the $5 ThruNite Ti I got here years ago that's still going strong.