5699 posts
3900 upvotes

Olight X9R CELL Keychain Light - Free - Just pay the ($9.99) shipping

Deal Link:
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
Olight
I couldn’t find this posted, and I know this deal comes up once in a while.

Olight is offering they’re Olight X9R CELL Keychain Light for free, just pay the $9.9 shipping.

I do not know if you had to have an account before this offer was available to get this deal. Maybe try signing up and adding it to the cart, I already had an account before.

Has anyone gotten this specific flashlight in the past, if so can you comment on it?

23 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3909 posts
2835 upvotes
Calgary
Not exactly free per se but whatever. End of the day, it would depend if one decides 2.5 lumens is worth $10. 2.5 lumens isn't very much light & perhaps only slightly brighter than firefly mode in most flashlights. A phones light would definitely be brighter.

That said, Olight is a reputable company that makes very good flashlights. I have their S1 mini baton for close to 5yrs now & it still operates like new with ori battery. For a keychain light, I use a Nitecore Tip which provides a very usable 360 lumens bought from Banggood ages ago for ~$20. Casing looks abit forlorn but light still charges & works.

Personally, I feel a flash has to produce usable light or otherwise, why bother. Mights well use the phone instead. But that's me. YMMV ofcos
Dec 20, 2003
331 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
While it's very small, 2.5 lumens is pretty much unusable as a flashlight. Avoid.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2011
1293 posts
555 upvotes
MARKHAM
you'll need to get another special charger for the battery...

they should have just sticked to the USB style charger.
Dec 30, 2017
127 posts
187 upvotes
I don't like that it uses a non standard battery. It's just another battery I have to buy and store. I wish it was a single aaa like the olight I3E.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4826 posts
1490 upvotes
Charlottetown
I think this one takes button batteries doesn't it?
Dec 30, 2017
127 posts
187 upvotes
It takes cr425 batteries. It's different then the button ones.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11533 posts
9160 upvotes
Toronto
bubboteaboy wrote: While it's very small, 2.5 lumens is pretty much unusable as a flashlight. Avoid.
Was going to order but garbage 2.5lm plus another specialty battery (cheap from aliexpress, but still) and this is a hard pass.

I got the previous $10 ones - i1R 2 rechargeable (150lm) from last year is the real winner, the i3E (90lm) is bright but beam is narrow so wouldn't buy again.

This one may be smaller but the i1R was pretty tiny already and you lose almost all the lumens.
Nov 9, 2014
700 posts
676 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Angultra wrote: Was going to order but garbage 2.5lm plus another specialty battery (cheap from aliexpress, but still) and this is a hard pass.

I got the previous $10 ones - i1R 2 rechargeable (150lm) from last year is the real winner, the i3E (90lm) is bright but beam is narrow so wouldn't buy again.

This one may be smaller but the i1R was pretty tiny already and you lose almost all the lumens.
I agree the l1R 2 rechargeable ones are great. I wish I had bought multiples at $10.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
17801 posts
10338 upvotes
Ottawa
the other "freebee" deals from Olight were much better.....rechargeable and more powerful. I'd opt for something more powerful and doesn't require a weird battery (I've never bought any devices that uses this kind of battery)
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Jan 25, 2020
171 posts
947 upvotes
This is not "free", you pay for it when they overprice the shipping.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5182 posts
1765 upvotes
Toronto
They had better sales a couple months ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
FYI, this deal is now expired.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some days I think that I am the only person who knows how to use Google.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2015
5268 posts
7153 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights…
Yall forgetting about your cell phone flash light
Apr 28, 2012
78 posts
20 upvotes
NEPEAN
cpfan wrote: FYI, this deal is now expired.
It's actually almost always available for new customers... It doesn't expire... They simply change the 'free' item they offer...
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11533 posts
9160 upvotes
Toronto
chilli604 wrote: Yall forgetting about your cell phone flash light
At just 2.5lm I'd agree just use the brighter one in your pocket. Previous deals were much brighter than phones though
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
giggitygiggity wrote: It's actually almost always available for new customers... It doesn't expire... They simply change the 'free' item they offer...
The free black X9R Cell light was for everyone that wanted one, and was the first time that this light was available in Canada. They currently have a free blue i3E light for new accounts only. BTW, the i3E is a much better light. I think that I wasted my money on the X9RCell. [Yes, I own both the X9RCell and the i3E.]
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2011
1002 posts
993 upvotes
St. Catharines
fredean01 wrote: This is not "free", you pay for it when they overprice the shipping.
Given that many other retailers charge more than $10 for shipping, I can't agree with you. I see $13-15 shipping at some retailers. Have also seen $7-8 shipping for orders over a certain size. Perhaps you are spoiled by Staples and Amazon.