Expired Hot Deals

[OMEGA] Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer (Black and Chrome)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2016 9:57 pm
[OP]
Apr 15, 2005
433 posts
279 upvotes
Brossard, QC

Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer (Black and Chrome)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
45%
Expiry:
September 7, 2016
Retailer:
OMEGA
Best price it's ever been. bought it 27/11/2015 when there was lightning deal for the same price. The original price that was quoted was less at CDN$ 349.99 that time and the rebate was 110$.

Great juicer. slow for oranges compared to a press or centrifugal juicers but you get ZERO foam. smooth AF. great for frozen yogourts. easy to assemble and cleans in the dishwasher easily. if you want to make daily OJ get a press, otherwise for the occasional usage you can't get better than this.
Images
  • FireShot Capture 64 - Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Commercia_ - https___www.amazon.ca_Omega-J8006-.png
24 replies
Sep 25, 2006
61 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
Not the lowest price ever - I bought this on amazon for $199 on a lightening deal in 2012. Either way - this is a great price for an excellent masticating juicer.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1619 posts
610 upvotes
Montreal
Was same price on Prime day this year. Good deal
Nov 24, 2002
134 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Ordered! I have been looking for one!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2007
2068 posts
557 upvotes
Calgary
Paid $199 for this one a couple years ago, but rarely use it anymore because we found the food prep was too much of a chore, as this particular juicer has such a narrow feed cute, you have to spend extra time cutting veggies down to smaller size in order for them to fit into the chute.
Jun 9, 2016
18 posts
19 upvotes
have this, love it. i recommend for everyone who doesnt plan to juice every single day. great price.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1184 posts
212 upvotes
Been using this juicer for > 4 years, each and every day. Wouldn't call that "occasional" as the OP would put it. We make two types of a juice (one with carrot, beets, apple etc... and other with greens). We never try any other type of juicer and this one is great. Fast assembly/disassembly and very easy to clean.

As for veggy preparation - you take off the skin and and cut beet/apple/celery root/etc...into piece that can fit in the chute...I wouldn't call that something worth complaining about since it takes around 8sec. to cut a big apple into 6 pieces which fit in the chute.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9255 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent price. I bought the lower end 8003 model from Walmart for $249 all in, with plastic auger and 10 year warranty and love it.

This model is the higher end model with GE Ultem auger and 15 year warranty.

I juice maybe once a week and it's quick. Prep to chop stuff smaller takes a bit of time but worth it.

I leave skin on veggies and fruits including lemons as most nutrients are right under the skin.

Softer stuff and leafy greens in first followed by harder stuff like carrots and beet.
Feb 21, 2005
881 posts
196 upvotes
At a glance, this deal looked almost erotic...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3620 posts
1928 upvotes
Rudee wrote: ...rarely use it anymore because we found the food prep was too much of a chore, as this particular juicer has such a narrow feed cute, you have to spend extra time cutting veggies down to smaller size in order for them to fit into the chute.
+1.

My Blendtec probably gets used 10 to 1 compared to my Omega. Quicker, easier and all the food gets used. The Omega is very good at what it does, but for the above mentioned reasons, I prefer blending instead.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20900 posts
3354 upvotes
YUL
darkesha wrote: you take off the skin and and cut beet/apple/celery root/etc...into piece that can fit in the chute
What a waste of time. Why on earth would you take off the skin? Just leave the skin on, and the juicer will press the juice out and spit the skin out seperately. I have this juicer and never too skin off.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1184 posts
212 upvotes
najibs wrote:
darkesha wrote: you take off the skin and and cut beet/apple/celery root/etc...into piece that can fit in the chute
What a waste of time. Why on earth would you take off the skin? Just leave the skin on, and the juicer will press the juice out and spit the skin out seperately. I have this juicer and never too skin off.
I peel carrots, beets and celery root due to the dirt contamination. If you are ok with having dirt coming down all power to you. I do agree with you though...this takes the most time in juice preparation (and not actually cutting the veggies in pieces) but it's something I find necessary.

We use Blendtec once every couple weekends for a shake or two.
Jul 19, 2005
825 posts
460 upvotes
najibs wrote: What a waste of time. Why on earth would you take off the skin? Just leave the skin on, and the juicer will press the juice out and spit the skin out seperately. I have this juicer and never too skin off.
Because the skin holds a lot of chemicals from pesticides. Unless you really give your veggies and fruits a good scrub or soak in vinegar/salt water, taking off the skin is better. Or get organic.

It's unfortunate because the skin holds a lot of the nutrients too.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2008
1184 posts
212 upvotes
I get all organic....that's why I don't peel the apple. Especially since Apple holds 90% of nutrients in the skin.
But Lemon probably not.
Other than that I peel everyting that comes out of ground. Beets, carrots, celery root, ginger...