Real Estate

Omicron lockdown is here what are the predictions for spring 2022 RE market?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2022 3:19 pm
Sep 11, 2017
548 posts
404 upvotes
Will BoC delay an interest rate hike in early Q1 due to these new lockdowns? Most of us thought we would see an interest rate hike soon, until this new lockdown
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1176 posts
1476 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
To da moon by Spring 2022....unless we witness a stock market crash. If this crash happens, all bets are off including any interest rate hike. Meanwhile, buy cryptos :rolleyes:
Jul 18, 2020
753 posts
1218 upvotes
DisneyKruze wrote: To da moon by Spring 2022....unless we witness a stock market crash. If this crash happens, all bets are off including any interest rate hike. Meanwhile, buy cryptos :rolleyes:
Crypto is like the past, the new gimmic is to invest into NFT.
Aug 4, 2017
125 posts
104 upvotes
Durham will pass Rosedale this year.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3839 posts
7802 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
licenced wrote: I have nothing to back this except my intuition, I think come February people in general will say to heck with it and we'll see a significant increase in listings over last year.

All of the regions of Peel, Halton, Niagara, Hamilton, Durham and York will continue to out perform Toronto, but prices by mid March will flatten.
This is definitely one very probable train of thought I can get behind. I am sitting on 3 listings that keep getting deferred by the sellers because they can't find a place.

I can't be the only one, I can see people just saying f it, and get on with it.

I don't know what the impact will be to prices, but I do hope for more inventory soon.
RE Broker
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3839 posts
7802 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
gtx1050 wrote: Durham will pass Rosedale this year.
LOL, this one was out loud.
RE Broker
Jan 27, 2018
534 posts
523 upvotes
gtx1050 wrote: Durham will pass Rosedale this year.
What is the ETA for it to be at par with bridlepath? 🤣
Deal Fanatic
Jul 3, 2011
6517 posts
3798 upvotes
Thornhill
RichmondCA wrote: This is definitely one very probable train of thought I can get behind. I am sitting on 3 listings that keep getting deferred by the sellers because they can't find a place.

I can't be the only one, I can see people just saying f it, and get on with it.

I don't know what the impact will be to prices, but I do hope for more inventory soon.
You're definitely not the only one. This I mentioned this last summer when I gleaned the same from speaking with agents on listings my clients were pursuing, you can also see that borne out with listing requesting a set closing date. - that used to be a bargaining chip for buyers, not anymore. I've already started telling some clients to just stay put as it's way too risky now buying uninspected, unconditonal, old or DIY projects for insane amounts that we'll see starting to manifest in lawsuits by this year.

It's so bad that my clients are immediately jumping on forwarded listings to review their potential.

If by chance history repeats itself the rapid rise that was seen in 2016 was dismantled 6 months later. So we'll see.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2020
1067 posts
1532 upvotes
If these lockdowns don't end and keep happening, inflation will go out of control. I expect prices of everything to go up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)