• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2012 6:19 pm
[OP]
Feb 5, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO

Onatrio Current Cost Adjustment - OCCA

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I wanted to know if anyone has any further news on the Ontario government's pollution equipment deduction program

according to http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/credit/occa/ their website the OCCA deduction is no longer available. Does anyone know if there are any updates or plans to bring this back?
9 replies
Aug 31, 2011
16 posts
NORTH YORK
I can only assume that they are not going to be bringing it back based on the current economic climate and especially with McGuinty in power.
Mar 21, 2012
3 posts
I'd also like to find out more about the OCCA. I've seen government web sites call it Ontario Current Cost Allowance and also Ontario Current Cost Adjustment.

Anybody know more about this? I would think they should continue to be doing something to help business reduce pollution with a credit to companies that deserve not to go into debt for helping the environment.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4362 posts
697 upvotes
We did leave the Kyoto protocol so maybe not as urgent as it used to be.
Mar 21, 2012
3 posts
The governments are doing energy audit rebates, for homes, why not do the OCCA credit for businesses?
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4362 posts
697 upvotes
McGuinty doesn't care about businesses for one...
[OP]
Feb 5, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
flafson wrote: McGuinty doesn't care about businesses for one...
Well, they did run the program for a few years - OCCA ended January 1, 2009 - so I don't think that Mcguinty really was a factor in this - the program was around during his tenure.

I'm just curious if they intend on bringing it back.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4362 posts
697 upvotes
There was also in the tax code that computers would be 100% deductible for about a year.
That is gone and now computers are expensed over a 5 years period.
Don't know about you but i change my computers every 1-2 years.
That also came and left under McGuinty.
Aug 31, 2011
16 posts
NORTH YORK
flafson wrote: McGuinty doesn't care about businesses for one...
Agreed. Change will only come if/when there is a change in government. I guess one could always lobby through their personal MP - although it always seems to me like those things rarely work.
Mar 21, 2012
3 posts
McGuinty is a minority now, we'll see what happens over the next few years, but meanwhile, I want to see the OCCA relief fund again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)