• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2018 8:37 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 27, 2018
161 posts
128 upvotes

One Bloor West

Can I get some RFD opinions, comments, rumours and gossip about One Bloor West. I heard it was sold out on the 1st day, but from the website it appears there are still units available? Last I heard it was going for $1.6k psf.

What does RFD think about alternatives such as Bloor One East which goes at around 1.2k psf or One Bedford which seems to range between 1.3-1.5k psf. One Bedford seems like a pretty good deal considering its low maintenance fees relatively (from what I heard, it's 1/2 of One Bloor West). What other condos should be looked at for good layouts, lots of lighting and spacing. Assume this is for buying to live and not for investment.
Last edited by deepzerg on Feb 4th, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11258 posts
9750 upvotes
Honestly, it's great to get opinions but if your looking to move, go with an area that best suits you for your price. All 3 of them are luxury condos. One Bloor West will have the who's who when it's finally built. Bloor One East will also be a solid condo to own as it's value will only increase in the future.

One Bedford has a ton of top business people living there as well including John Tory.

Cant go wrong with any of them, just a matter of your own personal needs.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14600 posts
10842 upvotes
One Bedford probably has the most liveable units in terms of sizes. A lot of big name peopl live there as well. Builder is Lanterra whom I really dislike but haven’t heard any bad news about this building.

Bloor East is a nice building I’ve been in it many times. Units are small though. Good builder. Will for sure go up in value as all great gulf buildings seem to.

One bloor west is the most luxurious out of the three but by a smaller builder who doesn’t do many towers. It’s going to take at least 6 years for this thing to be built. Keep that in mind. Think values should go up here but your money will be tied up for way too long. No idea what the market will look likening 7 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1582 posts
1235 upvotes
Toronto
I hear it is going between 1400 to over 2000 per sq.ft
Mar 6, 2017
382 posts
259 upvotes
deepzerg wrote: Can I get some RFD opinions, comments, rumours and gossip about One Bloor West. I heard it was sold out on the 1st day, but from the website it appears there are still units available? Last I heard it was going for $1.6k psf.

What does RFD think about alternatives such as Bloor One East which goes at around 1.2k psf or One Bedford which seems to range between 1.3-1.5k psf. One Bedford seems like a pretty good deal considering its low maintenance fees relatively (from what I heard, it's 1/2 of One Bloor West). What other condos should be looked at for good layouts, lots of lighting and spacing. Assume this is for buying to live and not for investment.
1 bedford is a great compromise in Yorkville since most of the buildings are either absurdly expensive i.e. four seasons or really old... so one bedford is a good compromise

33 yorkville seems like a great deal now at 1300 per square foot but I remember like 1000 agents hanging outside the sales office trying to get a unit lol

another one to consider is One Yonge I heard its priced at 1200 per square foot which seems high for there but if you look up whats happening on the waterfront east, it looks promising and all those new constructions going up on sherbourne and queens quay are all quite expensive already

good luck I hope you get something and you're happy prices are just crazy lol