Art and Photography

One of my .psd images has problem

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2017 12:31 pm
Jan 27, 2017
2 posts
Los Angeles

One of my .psd images has problem

I like to use Adobe Photoshop 18.0 and several days ago I opened .psd image and application showed - Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file. How to restore corrupted .psd files? Guys, any suggestions...
I like to watch on fish
3 replies
Jan 27, 2017
2 posts
Los Angeles
Pats, any suggestions...
I like to watch on fish
Apr 9, 2012
473 posts
399 upvotes
I think that you'd have far more success if you searched or asked your question at the Adobe forums. These are usually available from the Photoshop Help, or a google search. A Google search found at least a couple of solutions & a piece of software that supposedly can fix some psd problems, but a quick read didn't find a definitive solution. Is the file name correct? Any weird characters in the file name? Is the . in the correct place .psd with no spaces? Can you open the file via Bridge? Is it an 8 bit or 16 bit file? What is PS 18? I'm still happily using PS CS4, so 18 is unknown to me. It's not PS Elements is it? Maybe also try the DPReview Forums & Luminous Landscape Forums as there are lots of PS Experts there.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1057 posts
509 upvotes
Ontario
I came across Krita the other day. Under the highlights section, they claim it will "Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open". I'm not sure if this will help or not, but it might be worth a try.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)