Expired Hot Deals

Groupon Canada

One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership Package with C$40 Digital Costco Shop Card and C$40 Off an Online Order over C$250

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2022 12:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4932 posts
39497 upvotes

[Groupon Canada] One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership Package with C$40 Digital Costco Shop Card and C$40 Off an Online Order over C$250

Didn't see this posted and it might be a benefit to anyone signing up.

For New members only.

This Costco Membership Package Includes:
A One-Year Costco Gold Star Membership
A membership card for the Primary Cardholder and one additional Household Card for anyone living at the same address, over the age of 18
A C$40 Digital Costco Shop Card
Visit costco.ca for Costco Shop Card terms and conditions.
C$40 off an order of C$250 or more (before tax and shipping) on Costco.ca
Restrictions apply.
Expires August 14, 2022

Terms & Conditions

After purchasing this promotion, print or save the voucher on your smartphone and visit the membership counter at your local Costco. Learn more here.
To receive the incentives, you must agree to auto-renewal of your Costco membership on a Mastercard® credit or debit card at the time of sign-up. If you elect not to sign up for auto-renewal, incentives will not be issued.
Incentives include a C$40 Digital Costco Shop Card and C$40 off an order of C$250 or more (before tax and shipping) on Costco.ca.
Valid only for new members and those whose memberships (Primary and Household) have been expired for 12 or more months. See full terms and conditions.
Not valid for the renewal of an existing Costco membership.
Valid at all Canadian Costco locations. Find a location near you.
Not eligible for Costco and Groupon promo codes or other discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
The C$40 Digital Costco Shop Card is not accepted at Gas Stations, Food Court Kiosk or Self-Checkout.
Digital Costco Shop Cards are not redeemable for cash, except as required by law.
118 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1242 posts
1283 upvotes
Warning, 12 months without costco is needed to be considered "new."
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Apr 30, 2007
189 posts
199 upvotes
geoffs wrote: Warning, 12 months without costco is needed to be considered "new."
I was told 18 months but could be wrong.
Nov 30, 2009
267 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
So for $60 you get a membership with a $40 digital gift card and a $40 off $250 costco.ca order? Any idea if the coupon works for costco.ca grocery delivery?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2560 posts
1942 upvotes
GTA
One of the fine prints:-
To receive the incentives, you must agree to auto-renewal of your Costco membership on a Mastercard® credit or debit card at the time of sign-up. If you elect not to sign up for auto-renewal, incentives will not be issued.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Mar 16, 2017
50 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Does that mean I need to sign up for a Costco MasterCard? Or I can use my existing debit card (with TD Visa Debit) to renew?
Koodo loyalty lines
$45 - Unlimited + 15GB Data (8 + 2 bonus + 5 bonus)
$40 - Unlimited + 13GB Data (8 + 5 bonus)
Aug 19, 2015
34 posts
63 upvotes
Macdonald, MB
TheOriginalConcept wrote: Does that mean I need to sign up for a Costco MasterCard? Or I can use my existing debit card (with TD Visa Debit) to renew?
Looks like any MasterCard (debit or credit) will work. Visa wouldn't.
Jun 25, 2006
280 posts
198 upvotes
Calgary
chicot wrote: I was told 18 months but could be wrong.
That's what I remember seeing for Costco's own offers, but this one is indeed 12 months.

"Valid only for new members and those whose memberships (Primary and Household) have been expired for 12 or more months."

Wouldn't qualify at 18 months, but at 12 months we might have to jump on this! Ty OP
Sep 14, 2009
680 posts
350 upvotes
Kingston
GreatCanadianRebates has rebate for Groupon:

6% cash back for : 'Some' special local deals
5% cash back for : National and International Getaways
3% cash back for : National deals and anything else not listed
0% cash back for : Goods, Gift Certificates or Gift Cards, Charity, Epic Deals and Promotional items or if item is sold and fulfilled through a third party website
• Cash Back available via Groupon.com only, not Groupon.ca. Groupon.com services all of Canada except for Quebec. Unfortunately Groupon.com does not own the rights for the province of Quebec. It is owned by Groupon France

On Rakuten:

Groupon Categories
Local Activities, Dining, Health, Beauty & Spas4.0%
Getaways3.0%
Goods2.0%
but it says:
"Cash Back is not available on goods and on deals that are sold and fulfilled through third party websites. " - so not sure if it will work with Costco deal.
Nov 21, 2011
391 posts
411 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone know, do you need to have a continuous Costco membership for your previous purchases to be eligible for return under their 100% satisfaction guarantee?
Zoomer Wireless | Fido
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1940 posts
655 upvotes
Vancouver
DragOnT wrote: One of the fine prints:-
What if I sign up for auto-renewal and cancel it right before the 12 months is up?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1493 posts
946 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Can couples just alternate their subscriptions?
Jul 13, 2019
16 posts
16 upvotes
No, I have returned with expired membership. Just make sure you show the card at the time of return, if necessary
Oct 18, 2017
500 posts
1031 upvotes
New Brunswick
Slightly off topic, what happens when you downgrade a membership from executive to basic / don’t renew? Do they issue a partial cash back based on last cheque issues to now? (Since usually the cheque issued is a couple months before renewal.)
Jul 13, 2016
550 posts
822 upvotes
Vancouver, London, T…
davidmiller wrote: Can I use the shop card for pharmacy orders?
Yes, the Costco Shop Card works at Costco Pharmacy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
4932 posts
39497 upvotes
geoffs wrote: Warning, 12 months without costco is needed to be considered "new."
Not necessarily true. Wife is a secondary member and was able to sign up for this offer.
Jun 15, 2021
827 posts
735 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Not necessarily true. Wife is a secondary member and was able to sign up for this offer.
She was on your membership, you took her off and she signed up individually? So your househould pays $120 but technically you can cancel the membership 11 months before renewal?
WTS 10GB ESIM Canadian data valid for 30 days from activation

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)