• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2018 3:41 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3496 posts
986 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Nucks wrote: I'd be happy to be wrong as I haven't flashed it myself because of what people in the xda/reddit threads are saying (no substitution for OOS). I will take a look into this, thanks for the heads up
Keep in mind, only Oxygen OS firmware 3.1.2 / 3.2.4 will work with fingerprint scanners with custom roms. Anything higher will not work.

Link to firmwares:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=3465312

Link to OOS camera:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=3451721 Read the changelogs thoroughly as only certain roms are compatible with this file. The dev stopped support for the original Resurrection Remix but the Black Jubel version is still supported.

Link to Resurrection Remix BJRR: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=3399960 In my opinion, the best rom there is for OP3.
Jan 22, 2008
777 posts
256 upvotes
Ottawa
mickman wrote: I go to the US quite a bit and have an address I can ship to, would I be better off buying there? (I stay for long enough that I can not pay tax coming home) Or would I run into any warranty issues?
I'd stick to buying it in Canada. Exchange rate today is actually pretty bad. If you use a normal Canadian VISA, the exchange rate is actually 1.390478 right now (VISA Exchange Rate Calculator). That means $440 USD is $610 CDN or $10 more. Sure, you will still save some money on taxes, but then you have the hassle of going down to pick it up and the hassle of doing returns if there are issues with the phone.

If the exchange rate was better though, I'd be less hesitant.
Banned
Oct 27, 2016
192 posts
44 upvotes
My wife love the style of this One plus 3. But it is a Chinese device and price is more than $500. That's why I am bit confuse. Does it worth?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1184 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
Not all Chinese-made products equate to lesser value and/or quality. I'm using the OnePlus 3 myself and I find it adequate for my needs and can still hold its own.

I suggest you watch reviews of the phone on YouTube and read more about it. What may be good for one may not be enough for someone else.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3625 posts
936 upvotes
Home
johnjacobs12 wrote: My wife love the style of this One plus 3. But it is a Chinese device and price is more than $500. That's why I am bit confuse. Does it worth?
I think the answer is in your question.
Oct 7, 2007
167 posts
58 upvotes
Ontario
johnjacobs12 wrote: My wife love the style of this One plus 3. But it is a Chinese device and price is more than $500. That's why I am bit confuse. Does it worth?
I know, right? How dare those Chinese charge so much? /s
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1518 posts
325 upvotes
Toronto
Updates above 4.1.6 break AGPS on some carriers, sticking to that for now.
Aug 20, 2014
61 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Best phone I've ever owned, still as zippy as the day it was delivered to my door.
Koodo: $40 8GB + $0 5GB promo add on = $40 for 13GB.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22161 posts
26031 upvotes
Toronto
It's an older phone now but I got one free 'cause it looked bricked. After much futzing with unbrick tool I finally got it working. Feels much snappier than my LG G5 and like @tk1000 said, the OnePlus 3 is slated to receive Android P soon. My LG G5 is still stuck on Nougat with Oreo possibly later this year...
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2261 posts
110 upvotes
What's wrong with Oreo? I heard/read a mixed bag of reviews regarding Android P.