• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2019 9:27 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Glass just feels better.

I got it from OnePlus when I had the 6. Couldn't bother with Amazon.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15771 posts
11167 upvotes
I have a couple amazon glass ones. I will put one on soon to see how it is.

I just don't want to pull off the factory one and then not like the glass one is all.
Jan 5, 2014
46 posts
50 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Isn't the screen the gorilla 6 glass? Why bother with protectors? I have never had any scratch even on my current phone with older gen gorrila glass.
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
brianwang wrote: Isn't the screen the gorilla 6 glass? Why bother with protectors? I have never had any scratch even on my current phone with older gen gorrila glass.
It's strong but can get permanently. With a glass protector it just adds another replaceable level of protection so if it gets cracked, it can be replaced for a much cheaper cost
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15771 posts
11167 upvotes
meemo wrote: It's strong but can get permanently. With a glass protector it just adds another replaceable level of protection so if it gets cracked, it can be replaced for a much cheaper cost
This. I change my wife's every 3 or 4 months. Putting a phone on a purse does a number on them.

also like to the way a good glass protector feels.

I am geting used to the film on it now, I think I will order a few different glass ones so I have a variety to try before I switch over. I am still in the treat it like gold stage of a new phone so not really worried about damage.

Side note, the sandstone case is really nice, but I do much it being just the back plate like the OP2.
Jul 31, 2004
344 posts
326 upvotes
Unionville
I used the old film that came with my OP5 for like 6 months before it got a big scratch on the film the one time I kept two phones in the same pocket .. otherwise in my experience it will last for quiet awhile if you're careful.

On a side note, I switched to an iphone 6s for a month while I waited for my OP6T to arrive and just realized i was not getting any SMS from iphone users. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat but if you find you're not getting SMS from iphone users it's because their iphone's message app is defaulting their SMS to imessage which the OnePlus cannot receive. In the iphone > settings > messages app they have to enable send as SMS then reboot their phone. Once they do this, their phone will send messages as imessage but if the recipient isn't an iphone it was retry as SMS. Thought it was weird as I was getting SMS from my friends using Android but all my friends/family who used iPhones all went quiet.

I'm not sure if it had to do with my month switch to iphone but I had 2 people change this setting in their iphone and it started to work..
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
1338 posts
376 upvotes
Mississauga
The official tempered glass screen protector from Oneplus is rumoured to be available from their site fairly soon; its already up on their Chinese store, apparently. Personally, I'm going to wait for that one to ensure maximum compatibility with the in-screen fingerprint sensor. The one that comes pre-applied will do well enough for a month or two until I can get the first-party tempered glass one.
Sep 4, 2009
48 posts
18 upvotes
vancouver bc
Wonder if They’ll have any black Friday specials
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
bringit wrote: I used the old film that came with my OP5 for like 6 months before it got a big scratch on the film the one time I kept two phones in the same pocket .. otherwise in my experience it will last for quiet awhile if you're careful.

On a side note, I switched to an iphone 6s for a month while I waited for my OP6T to arrive and just realized i was not getting any SMS from iphone users. Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat but if you find you're not getting SMS from iphone users it's because their iphone's message app is defaulting their SMS to imessage which the OnePlus cannot receive. In the iphone > settings > messages app they have to enable send as SMS then reboot their phone. Once they do this, their phone will send messages as imessage but if the recipient isn't an iphone it was retry as SMS. Thought it was weird as I was getting SMS from my friends using Android but all my friends/family who used iPhones all went quiet.

I'm not sure if it had to do with my month switch to iphone but I had 2 people change this setting in their iphone and it started to work..
Yup, it's because you used an iPhone for a while. This is a notorious problem for former iPhone users... All your iPhone friends saw you using an iPhone for a while and now their phones assume you're always on one.
Feb 8, 2007
24 posts
17 upvotes
I am still rocking my Oneplus One running Lineage Os but its time to pull the trigger on a new one.
Does anyone have a referral link they would like to share?.

Thanks
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
Crewman wrote: I am still rocking my Oneplus One running Lineage Os but its time to pull the trigger on a new one.
Does anyone have a referral link they would like to share?.

Thanks
Definitely time to switch. I did too from the one. Pmd you :)
Sep 20, 2017
372 posts
184 upvotes
Markham
Not oneplus fan anymore. Used oneplus 2 and it's great phone in old day. After 3t, their phone is not competitive any more.
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
Same here man. Not sure if it's the OS or the phone but it's randomnly restarting now
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
leeoku wrote: Same here man. Not sure if it's the OS or the phone but it's randomnly restarting now
Which model?
Feb 5, 2007
889 posts
473 upvotes
Mississauga
oneplus one. I think i quoted the right person lol. Just random restarts, my guess is running low on ram in operation.
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
leeoku wrote: oneplus one. I think i quoted the right person lol. Just random restarts, my guess is running low on ram in operation.
Yes, happened to me too. Very strange
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
So I guess Silk White is not coming? Tears.

Instead we're getting THUNDER PURPLE on November 15.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 19, 2005
991 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
leeoku wrote: oneplus one. I think i quoted the right person lol. Just random restarts, my guess is running low on ram in operation.
Likewise. I have OnePlus One and I am facing the same issue. Its getting a bit annoying. Waiting for the thunder purple 6T to come out so that I can upgrade.

Update: OnePlus 6T - Thunder Purple is coming out in 3 days (Nov 15)!!! Yay!!
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15771 posts
11167 upvotes
So far I am really liking this phone. The stock OS is great. I feel no need for root or Lineage at this point.

The one thing I am noticing is that my left thumb (the one used the most to unlock) is very inconsistent on the sensor. Sometimes forcing me to unlock by face or code. I have the thumb registered 2 times, at various angles, and sometimes works great, but other times not so much.

Anyone else having troubles with their finger scanning?
Oct 21, 2009
921 posts
850 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: So far I am really liking this phone. The stock OS is great. I feel no need for root or Lineage at this point.

The one thing I am noticing is that my left thumb (the one used the most to unlock) is very inconsistent on the sensor. Sometimes forcing me to unlock by face or code. I have the thumb registered 2 times, at various angles, and sometimes works great, but other times not so much.

Anyone else having troubles with their finger scanning?
Haven't had any fingerprint issues with either thumb. I'm using the original protector if it matters.