Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

OnePlus One 16GB for $339, 64GB for $389

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2015 1:47 pm
Nov 27, 2012
11 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
nuwan32 wrote: :facepalm: i always wonder "what kind of people buy iphones" then i see comments like these, and think "oh yea, people like this exist"
Hmm, I interpreted it as will888 saying the pace of Android development is 3 times faster so Android phones depreciate quicker ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29536 posts
20456 upvotes
My analogy of how quickly android devices age/drop in value vs iPhones has sure sparked some interesting discussions. I am not an iOS fan, but the truth is the truth. Only Apple can sell older models along side new releases. It is because they are able to command a king's ransom for the new phones and those who cannot afford it will settle for the older models. I like One+'s mantra, never settle!
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
OnePlus is not a hot deal anymore. Even with the price drop. Bought 5 for friends and family last October/November timeframe before the CAD tanked for about $480CAD each.

Now there are so many choices in the budget cell phones (China phones, Asus Zenphone 2) or refurbs at Koodo.

Camera wise:
LG G3 > 1+
Xiaomi Mi4 > 1+

Hopefully they price the 1+2 inline to compete with the flagship Samsung/LG/HTC/Sony at Asus prices, else I don't think they'd be able to compete.

Little off topic, there's another announcement June 6th from what the B&M store rep at the OnePlus Store told me (no details). Hopefully nothing was lost in translation.
Nov 25, 2009
199 posts
80 upvotes
I have had nothing but issues with my OPO since the new CM12 update. The touchscreen acts up when the phone is hot, and I cant get my mic or camera to work properly.

I forsee this company sinking in a few years if they continue to provide little to no tech support. It took my friend 4 months to get a hold of their repair and tech service.
Apr 15, 2014
292 posts
127 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Looks like the OPO is now even cheaper.

According to their latest blog post: (https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/06/oneplu ... w-partner/)

"Our experiment was a great success, and we received tons of positive feedback from our fans on social media. But we also know that some of you missed out on the sales. We want to ensure that all of our fans have the opportunity to get the Flagship Killer at this special price, which leads us to some big news: the OnePlus One now starts at $249, permanently."

An additional, time limited deal is available for the 64gb:

"We’ve partnered with Dropbox to offer a one year Dropbox Pro subscription + 64GB OnePlus One bundle for only $349. This offer starts June 10th"
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1868 posts
493 upvotes
TORONTO
CA$480.69 ~ for the 64gb version

I paid $465 with duties last year when our dollar wasn't weak.
Apr 3, 2010
187 posts
75 upvotes
Milton
Thanks! I just broke my phone last week on vacay lol
Jun 15, 2010
409 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Wpegger wrote: Zenfone 2
I saw this phone brought up in a couple of threads. Is there a deal on it anywhere? Or is the MSRP of the phone already good bang for the buck?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2638 posts
1167 upvotes
the zenfone 2 may look good on paper, but i guarantee you the 1+ performs much better. android isnt optimized for the intel 64bit chips, and there is a horrible memory leak that'll suck battery on the zf2. whereas the 1+ has been around for a while now and most of the major issues like ghost touches have been fixed (if you're unlucky enough to get one with that issue). plus, if you spend an hour or so playing around with the phone and are interested in the development stuff, i guarantee you with the optimizations, you can make you 1+ look and feel like any flagship out right now or even better. this is because of the vast development for 1+ thats available.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7843 posts
9202 upvotes
Vancouver
nuwan32 wrote: the zenfone 2 may look good on paper, but i guarantee you the 1+ performs much better. android isnt optimized for the intel 64bit chips, and there is a horrible memory leak that'll suck battery on the zf2. whereas the 1+ has been around for a while now and most of the major issues like ghost touches have been fixed (if you're unlucky enough to get one with that issue). plus, if you spend an hour or so playing around with the phone and are interested in the development stuff, i guarantee you with the optimizations, you can make you 1+ look and feel like any flagship out right now or even better. this is because of the vast development for 1+ thats available.
So are you saying the benchmarks are a lie? Or is there something we don't know?
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9251/the- ... 2-review/4

I also saw a video comparison of the One Plus One, LG G3, and ZenFone 2 running GTA V. It ran like a slideshow on the One.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2638 posts
1167 upvotes
Spinner wrote: So are you saying the benchmarks are a lie? Or is there something we don't know?
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9251/the- ... 2-review/4

I also saw a video comparison of the One Plus One, LG G3, and ZenFone 2 running GTA V. It ran like a slideshow on the One.
benchmarks means nothing in terms of real term performance. and these benchmarks were most likely done on stock from who knows how long ago. the performance of the 1+ has improved tremmendously since then. and gta v... on android? i've played gta san andreas on the 1+ and i get a constant 60fps so i have no idea what you're talking about. ive never seen or heard of gta v on android. can you provide a link please?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7843 posts
9202 upvotes
Vancouver
So how can we measure real performance objectively if benchmarks don't mean anything? If the performance of the One can improve tremendously after a year, then wouldn't it be possible for the ZenFone to improve as well?

Sorry, it was GTA San Andreas. You can see the lag at the 4:00 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKxY_v4thsI