Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
September 23, 2020
Retailer:
OnePlus
Hi all,

There is a OnePlus Day "draw" going on on OnePlus' website, which gives one of the following coupons:
- 20% off accessories
- Buy one get one OnePlus Buds
- 50% off OnePlus Buds
- 10% Off OP8 Pro

How to get:
You get one chance to draw, but you can get another two chances if you share to your facebook and twitter. You only need to click on the icon, close the new tab and you can re-attempt again.
Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 3.57.34 AM.png

With the coupon, you would be able to grab a OnePlus Buds for 50% off at $54 with free priority shipping. Only white ones are available at this time of posting - https://www.oneplus.com/ca_en/product/oneplus-buds
Screenshot 2020-09-16 at 4.01.08 AM.png
Notes:
- These coupons are not transferable. You can however use another email to perform additional draws
- You only need to click on the social media icons once, close the new tab and you can draw again.
Reviews:
Some reviews seems to have pointed this to a great product at the original price ($79USD / $109CAD). At half the price, I think it's a deal:

As far as I know this is the cheapest it has been. If you are tired of trying the Amazon cheapy ones, this will be a very good alternative and not much more expensive. Keep in mind, sound quality perception and comfort is very personal....so let's keep this thread civilized and informative.

Cheers!
Last edited by cy on Sep 16th, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 13 times in total.
331 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2388 posts
818 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Too much work for a pair of cheap quality headphones.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1951 posts
1602 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote: Too much work for a pair of cheap quality headphones.
LOL these got seized at American border customs for being labelled as Apple airpod knock offs
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2388 posts
818 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I don't doubt it. My first thought was they do look like Apple knock-offs.
renegadeavenger wrote: LOL these got seized at American border customs for being labelled as Apple airpod knock offs
[solicitation removed]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6662 posts
2294 upvotes
GTA
renegadeavenger wrote: LOL these got seized at American border customs for being labelled as Apple airpod knock offs
haha yup!
NixxonExxo wrote: Too much work for a pair of cheap quality headphones.
Interesting, any reference? From what I've gathered it's good for the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2388 posts
818 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I tried on many of these type of low quality headphones that inflate their price and put them on sale. They all use cheap audio chips, poor software tuning and hardware parts like battery and drivers crap out in 3 months. Sennheiser CX-150 with it's signature sound is on sale at BestBuy for $70. If you want Truly Wireless I have recommended the Audio Technica CK3TW in the past as the benchmark for superior sound under $150 and sometimes on sale for $100.
cy wrote: Interesting, any reference? From what I've gathered it's good for the price.
[solicitation removed]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6662 posts
2294 upvotes
GTA
NixxonExxo wrote: I tried on many of these type of low quality headphones that inflate their price and put them on sale. They all use cheap audio chips, poor software tuning and hardware parts like battery and drivers crap out in 3 months. Sennheiser CX-150 with it's signature sound is on sale at BestBuy for $70. If you want Truly Wireless I have recommended the Audio Technica CK3TW in the past as the benchmark for superior sound under $150 and sometimes on sale for $100.
Thanks for the feedbacks. The Sennheiser that you shared isn't true wireless, and the other one that you shared is twice the price (3 times without sale).

How well did the Oneplus buds fit you and how bad were they when you had it? From the reviewers, sound quality seems to be up to par to airpods, and mic quality is just normal.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2388 posts
818 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Like I say, they inflate their price and make you feel like you got a deal when they are on sale. You can pay a little more and get a better sounding headphone or fall for the marketing trick and never know what quality sounds like.

In regards to the reviews, just pay careful attention to how Lou does it. He never said the sound was great but emphasize more on the cheap pricing a big deal.
cy wrote: Thanks for the feedbacks. The Sennheiser that you shared isn't true wireless, and the other one that you shared is twice the price (3 times without sale).

How well did the Oneplus buds fit you and how bad were they when you had it? From the reviewers, sound quality seems to be up to par to airpods, and mic quality is just normal.
Last edited by NixxonExxo on Sep 16th, 2020 4:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
[solicitation removed]
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6662 posts
2294 upvotes
GTA
NixxonExxo wrote: Like I say, they inflate their price and make you feel like you got a deal when they are on sale. You can pay a little more and get a better sounding headphone or fall the the marketing trick and never know what quality sounds like.
I think I am reasonable with my expectation on sound quality, especially relative to the price that I pay. I am not very high demand but I believe I have an idea what good sound is. I am happy with my Jabra 65T, OnePlus Bullet Wireless and Shure SE215 in terms of headphones for mobile use. On my home setup, I use a set of KEF LS50W so it's entry level but good enough for me.

I was hoping you were speaking from personal experience but not just calling them "cheap earbuds". For now, I'd like to believe what most reviewers say. Sound quality is pretty subjective though, I must say.

It's not going to win any award, but the OnePlus Buds look like they would be great for convenience (especially if you rock a OP Phone), good quality for music, normal sound quality for voice calls, and it's coming from a bigger company.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13963 posts
4352 upvotes
London
NixxonExxo wrote: Like I say, they inflate their price and make you feel like you got a deal when they are on sale. You can pay a little more and get a better sounding headphone or fall for the marketing trick and never know what quality sounds like.

In regards to the reviews, just pay careful attention to how Lou does it. He never said the sound was great but emphasize more on the cheap pricing a big deal.
So what I'm understanding is that you have absolutely no experience with this product and are talking out your ass and assuming that they are junk because they are made by OnePlus
Sep 15, 2020
1 posts
Thanks OP. Just ordered one pair. I needed a earbud as the left side of my official apple wired earphone stopped working after 6 months. This looks like a cheap bargain. I can honestly do a small quality sacrifice for the huge price difference.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6662 posts
2294 upvotes
GTA
Viper98 wrote: So what I'm understanding is that you have absolutely no experience with this product and are talking out your ass and assuming that they are junk because they are made by OnePlus
haha, I wanted to be nice but you kinda took the words out of my mouth.
Angultra wrote: Yup, they took a hit on that for sure lol

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/13/2143 ... buds-mixup
lol, at least it looked like OnePlus had fun with the news :D
Apr 3, 2016
12 posts
17 upvotes
I ordered these at full price. TLDR, I sent them back.

Initially I was happy, they have good sound, case is well made.

However, the deal breaker for me is that, at this time, you had to have a OnePlus phone for full operation and support. There is already an update for them, but you have to have a OnePlus phone to get said update.

No thanks.

I ordered Samsung Buds Plus and I'm happy. I have a Samsung phone. If you can't beat em (vendor lock in), join in, I guess.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6662 posts
2294 upvotes
GTA
brandon223 wrote: I ordered these at full price. TLDR, I sent them back.

Initially I was happy, they have good sound, case is well made.

However, the deal breaker for me is that, at this time, you had to have a OnePlus phone for full operation and support. There is already an update for them, but you have to have a OnePlus phone to get said update.

No thanks.

I ordered Samsung Buds Plus and I'm happy. I have a Samsung phone. If you can't beat em (vendor lock in), join in, I guess.
Thanks for the feedbacks. I happen to have a OnePlus 8 pro so it's a non issue for me. But I can see this being an annoyance for others when they want to update firmware.

Great to hear they have good sound though!