Expired Hot Deals

[OnePlus] OnePlus Buds - 50% off - $54CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2020 10:04 pm
Jun 13, 2017
126 posts
88 upvotes
xoy74 wrote: Actually I just tested that and it works fine.
Thanks. Could you explain bit more on this bit? Reviews say each bud cannot be used as a standalone device. How's the fit and sound quality?
Aug 28, 2011
493 posts
59 upvotes
I tried and got 10% off Oneplus 8. Anyone have 50% coupon for earbuds?
May 2, 2008
424 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
Joseph333999 wrote: Thanks. Could you explain bit more on this bit? Reviews say each bud cannot be used as a standalone device. How's the fit and sound quality?
I am no audiophile, but personally I love the sound quality on these.
As for using just one bud, I first paired them as per manual, after which they worked well as a stereo set. When I saw the post about not being able to use just one, I left one of them in the charging box and put the other one on. It connected to my phone right away (they connect to BT when you take them out) and I was able to play music from YouTube without issues. That's about as far as I tested.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6695 posts
2481 upvotes
GTA
I just received mine today. The sound quality is very decent, and I am surprised how well the sound isolation works. They blocked out my wife's voice (not on purpose this time).

I find the fit okay. Coming from Jabra 65T that has a gel tip, this is a change. Definitely doesn't feel as secure, but it does fit secure. It doesn't feel as comfortable after wearing for 2-3 hours for work call but only felt fatigue after 2+ hours for me.

They also work as standalone, which the feature alone makes it worth it for me to use over my 65T.

One feature that's missing from my Jabra 65T is "hear through". It'll proactively pipe the sound into your headphones for safety if you set it in the app. The OnePlus buds does have a good balance between ambient sound and sound isolation but I'd like to hear more if I am walking on the streets.
Oct 11, 2015
502 posts
158 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I guess the one plus day deal is gone?
Also if one do not have one plus phone , other than you cannot update the firmware can you still connect the Bluetooth?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2074 posts
1114 upvotes
Vancouveresque
Good news for anyone who pulled the trigger on these without a OnePlus phone.. an app is coming for people with other Android phones. https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/18/2144 ... oid-phones
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Jul 20, 2003
239 posts
48 upvotes
xoy74 wrote: I am no audiophile, but personally I love the sound quality on these.
As for using just one bud, I first paired them as per manual, after which they worked well as a stereo set. When I saw the post about not being able to use just one, I left one of them in the charging box and put the other one on. It connected to my phone right away (they connect to BT when you take them out) and I was able to play music from YouTube without issues. That's about as far as I tested.
The question is, which one did you take out? Did you repeat the test on the other piece?
Apr 28, 2017
90 posts
128 upvotes
Dead deal... Damn it I have a OP7Pro and would love to buy a pair
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2074 posts
1114 upvotes
Vancouveresque
azndnangel wrote: Will they restock the black version?
I've been hoping for a restock of the black version, but it looks like that color was only just released in North America a few weeks ago and quickly went out of stock. If you're sitting on a 50% off coupon, I'd probably pull the trigger on the whites now instead.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1544 posts
357 upvotes
Hoping that they have a deal again like this for Black Friday
Aug 30, 2018
285 posts
99 upvotes
Squeeky wrote: Hoping that they have a deal again like this for Black Friday
Check back on Wednesday. There may be something