Expired Hot Deals

[OnePlus] OnePlus Buds - 50% off - $54CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 4:19 pm
Oct 16, 2002
719 posts
452 upvotes
ali88 wrote: I hate OnePlus' stupid a$$ marketing tactics. It's like they have an immature marketing intern as their head of marketing. When people know there is a 50% discount code they will never ever settle for the 10-20% ones. If you want to sell and can afford the 50% discount they should just offer it without a BS process. Reminds me of their dumb move of limiting stock on purpose when they first came to market...
Will correct this for you "I hate how stores have regular prices and then one day per year they have Black Friday prices. If they can afford Black Friday prices they should have them all year round."
Sorry, almost forgot:
"Dumb. BS. Dumb. Stupid a$$ stores (all of them)"
Feb 11, 2010
160 posts
65 upvotes
50% off code will be greatly appreciated Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I only got 2, 10% off codes...
Aug 31, 2007
411 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
cy wrote: To be fair, they grew their company to the size today, their marketing team is actually brilliant.

You see these "coupons" and "promotions" tactics used every where, can't really call them stupid. Just a common marketing strategy.
They grew to the size they are right now because of the value and quality of their products, not their marketing that follows the simplest tactics from books like Influence. lol
Their marketing has always been mediocre at best. Just look at how they launch products and how most people perceive them (cheap apple knockoff). If they had good marketing this would not have been the case...
Last edited by ali88 on Sep 16th, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freedom $50 - 12GB
Koodo Mobile $35 - 5GB
>>> Message Me <<<
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33676 posts
19470 upvotes
Ottawa
ali88 wrote: They grew to the size they are right now because of the value and quality of their products. Their marketing has always been mediocre at best. Just look at how they launch products and how most people perceive them (cheap apple knockoff). If they had good marketing this would not have been the case...
Dude, stop being a Debbie Downer...
Aug 31, 2007
411 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Dude, stop being a Debbie Downer...
lol ok man I'll stop Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
But the fact that their tactics annoy/frustrate someone who loves their product and have convinced at least 5 other friends/family to swtich to oneplus speaks to their inattention to user experience...
Ok I'm seriously done complaining lol
Freedom $50 - 12GB
Koodo Mobile $35 - 5GB
>>> Message Me <<<
Jul 5, 2005
25 posts
1 upvote
If someone could PM me a 50% off code it would be greatly appreciated. I tried 3 times and got only 10% off OnePlus 8 pro.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6630 posts
2236 upvotes
GTA
ali88 wrote: They grew to the size they are right now because of the value and quality of their products, not their marketing that follows the simplest tactics from books like Influence. lol
Their marketing has always been mediocre at best. Just look at how they launch products and how most people perceive them (cheap apple knockoff). If they had good marketing this would not have been the case...
Agree that they have great products, disagree that they have mediocre marketing. Their community management is one of the better ones. If managing a company of this size only requires reading of a book from 15 years ago, then I would like to see what you've done with your marketing expertise.

The only product that they copied apple is the buds which I am sure they know what they are doing. If anything, their phones reassembles Samsung more so than Apple. You can go on and on about who copied who. We can say the same about Apple copying things from Android, it's a never ending battle and no one is even here to fight with you. Some of us are only here to enjoy the products that companies are putting out and not to try to gain ego by attacking a company.
underboss wrote: If someone could PM me a 50% off code it would be greatly appreciated. I tried 3 times and got only 10% off OnePlus 8 pro.
Codes are not transferable as per other people said. You can use another email to generate new codes. Please read the thread.
Oct 16, 2002
719 posts
452 upvotes
The best tip I found so far in this thread is this -
you can keep clicking to share on facebook and get new attempts (up to a certain limit).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6630 posts
2236 upvotes
GTA
methyl wrote: The best tip I found so far in this thread is this -
you can keep clicking to share on facebook and get new attempts (up to a certain limit).
Not true, only 3 times max including the first one.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1108 posts
2016 upvotes
Montreal
ali88 wrote: I hate OnePlus' stupid a$$ marketing tactics. It's like they have an immature marketing intern as their head of marketing. When people know there is a 50% discount code they will never ever settle for the 10-20% ones. If you want to sell and can afford the 50% discount they should just offer it without a BS process. Reminds me of their dumb move of limiting stock on purpose when they first came to market...
The marketing is actually working as intended.
They want to limit the loss of profitability by limiting supply of coupons.
They expect people would be un-knowledgeable and actually share the promo through facebook and twitter.
Sure you can make more accounts and emails, but they expect you might give up and settle for 20% or BOGO offer.
Also going back to the un-knowledgeable bunch, they assume some might sign up to their newsletter which would generate additional leads.

There's a bunch of indirect tactics applied in marketing.
Aug 15, 2019
11 posts
35 upvotes
I made three accounts already and still only ended up with 3x3=9 10% off codes, has anybody got a 50% code in the last 2 hours? Just so I know whether or not to keep trying?
Nov 21, 2016
10 posts
3 upvotes
Is it just me, or have they pretty much pulled everything except the 10% off coupons from the pool? I've tried probably 15 accounts now. Different browsers, etc. Just those 10% codes.
Oct 16, 2002
719 posts
452 upvotes
Got a 50% off about an hour ago. Had to spin about 10 times.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

moonriver1, SaeedI81179