Expired Hot Deals

[OnePlus] OnePlus Buds - 50% off - $54CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 4:19 pm
Aug 15, 2019
11 posts
35 upvotes
methyl wrote: Got a 50% off about an hour ago. Had to spin about 10 times.
Thanks, that's good to hear, guess I'll try a couple more times then!
Dec 25, 2017
40 posts
30 upvotes
Apparently, I got lucky. Got the buds for free so no complaints. Thanks OP
Jun 13, 2017
120 posts
87 upvotes
Apologies for derailing the thread - what's a good TWS earphone under 60$ based on experience? Seems like there are lot of limitations with the one plus buds like using them on one ear and such.
Aug 31, 2007
411 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
cy wrote: Agree that they have great products, disagree that they have mediocre marketing. Their community management is one of the better ones. If managing a company of this size only requires reading of a book from 15 years ago, then I would like to see what you've done with your marketing expertise.

The only product that they copied apple is the buds which I am sure they know what they are doing. If anything, their phones reassembles Samsung more so than Apple. You can go on and on about who copied who. We can say the same about Apple copying things from Android, it's a never ending battle and no one is even here to fight with you. Some of us are only here to enjoy the products that companies are putting out and not to try to gain ego by attacking a company.
When did I say they are managing their company ONLY using a single book? I said some of their marketing tactics are cheap - this has nothing to do with the quality of their product or overall success. It's a basic fallacy to assume everything they have done so far is right because they are a successful company now. You also bring up a fact about their community management which I don't understand how that is related to my criticism.
I understand I might have hurt your fanboy feelings, but calling out a company's tactics because they have frustrated me should not require me to prove my marketing expertise to you or entitle you to say that I'm doing that to gain ego... challenge my criticism without personal attacks ;)
I have been a OnePlus user from the very beginning but I don't worship them. They have their mistakes like any other company!
As for copying Apple, I meant that they are perceived as that in the eye of most people and their marketing could have done a better job correcting that belief. I personally don't care if they copy apple or anyone and enjoy what they build as long as it works well. So no need for you to defend them but let's be fair, buds are not "the ONLY product that they have copied from Apple". You speak in such absolute terms that I had to double check my claims :))
https://bgr.com/2017/06/20/oneplus-5-re ... ice-specs/
https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus- ... copy-apple
Freedom $50 - 12GB
Koodo Mobile $35 - 5GB
>>> Message Me <<<
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1231 posts
3638 upvotes
Apparently, these have limited features if you don’t have a OnePlus phone: no firmware updates, no Dolby support, etc. Can anyone else confirm?
Nov 17, 2019
30 posts
28 upvotes
I'm having a problem here, whenever I get a code and click "View Prizes" it takes me to my account under "Vouchers/Gift Code/Token" and it's totally blank. Nothing is there.
Thought maybe it had something to do with my adblocker but that hasn't fixed anything. It wouldn't be because I'm using a VPN, would it?
May 6, 2020
286 posts
188 upvotes
Halifax
Does anyone know how are these Bullets Wireless Z?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4969 posts
1747 upvotes
PapaQBear wrote: This or Xiaomi Airdots Pro? Going to use mainly for music, not interested in taking calls (nobody calls me) or noise cancellation.

Ordered the OnePlus buds with a 50%, but just wondering.
i have the airdots pro 2. it's a bit annoying not having triple tap to skip track from a music consumption perspective.

besides that, they're great.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1268 posts
1046 upvotes
Anyone got a spare 50% code for the buds? I rolled a buy one get one free code for buds but I don't need 2 pairs.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6631 posts
2236 upvotes
GTA
ali88 wrote: When did I say they are managing their company ONLY using a single book? I said some of their marketing tactics are cheap - this has nothing to do with the quality of their product or overall success. It's a basic fallacy to assume everything they have done so far is right because they are a successful company now. You also bring up a fact about their community management which I don't understand how that is related to my criticism.
I understand I might have hurt your fanboy feelings, but calling out a company's tactics because they have frustrated me should not require me to prove my marketing expertise to you or entitle you to say that I'm doing that to gain ego... challenge my criticism without personal attacks ;)
I have been a OnePlus user from the very beginning but I don't worship them. They have their mistakes like any other company!
As for copying Apple, I meant that they are perceived as that in the eye of most people and their marketing could have done a better job correcting that belief. I personally don't care if they copy apple or anyone and enjoy what they build as long as it works well. So no need for you to defend them but let's be fair, buds are not "the ONLY product that they have copied from Apple". You speak in such absolute terms that I had to double check my claims :))
https://bgr.com/2017/06/20/oneplus-5-re ... ice-specs/
https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus- ... copy-apple
Sorry, i am not a fanboy of Oneplus, i was speaking facts. I have 4 flagship phones from different companies in front of me, one of them is Apple.

If you feel the need to discuss further, please PM me. As I've mentioned in my OP, please keep this thread civilized and don't use this as a debate arena.
Last edited by cy on Sep 16th, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quitter
Nov 22, 2012
185 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Innovac wrote: Does anyone know how are these Bullets Wireless Z?
They're solid. Bought a pair for my wife for 60$ of aliexpress when we started working from home. Mic is good. Noise canceling is good. She's been happy with them.

She actually prefers it to the true wireless set I bought her. Being on and off calls all day, it's actually really convenient to just leave them hanging on her neck when I'm not using them.

Can't comment on music or media sound quality. She uses it mostly for calls. But I'm sure it's fine.

I think I'll pick up a pair for $40. I was contemplating getting a pair for myself off aliexpress. But this is a better deal, and no need to wait 2 months.

Don't know about music sound quality. She mostly uses it for calls.
Last edited by excellent3 on Sep 16th, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 31, 2006
117 posts
24 upvotes
Hindenburg1 wrote: Anyone got a spare 50% code for the buds? I rolled a buy one get one free code for buds but I don't need 2 pairs.
I'll go in with you on that if you're based in Toronto
Sep 15, 2020
12 posts
3 upvotes
Please let me know if anyone have a spar %50 code for buds. Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

SaeedI81179