Hot Deals

[OnePlus] OnePlus Buds $79

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 6:11 pm
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1563 posts
363 upvotes
I have a pair and quality is great but they are little larger than Airpods so fit could be an issue.
Jan 18, 2007
103 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
Rakuten CB is 3.5% right now, but I couldn't get the free shipping :(
Jan 1, 2014
19 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased these when they had their 2 for 1 deal. Other cheaper brands can do a great job with sound at better comfort. Before you pull the trigger on this read up about updating the firmware on these and the microphone quality for calls.
Sep 4, 2020
11 posts
7 upvotes
I have these oneplus buds for my iphone daily driver and i am super glad i didnt pay hefty for airpods.

for first time buyer,
in my opinion to be honest if you need (any)pods for office/personal calls/talks, get these/airpods. next, between these and airpods, only advantage of airpods i see over these is better noise cancellation.
but, if you need (any)pods for music, then get jabra / aukey / jbl's

i got these oneplus ones when oneplus had draw sale going on i got it for around55+tax on their website. totally worth every penny, super happy with battery life, voice clarity.
Jun 30, 2019
271 posts
471 upvotes
I have the first gen galaxy buds and the only thing I hate about them is the battery life that seem to not last at all...
Jul 31, 2020
453 posts
328 upvotes
electric0ant wrote: these are basically airpod equivalents, great price.
I’ve heard that so many times, it’s never been true so far. Mind you not everyone needs something quite as good as AirPods. There are also buds better than AirPods, most of them cost over $200.
Jul 31, 2020
453 posts
328 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Sound quality wise??
It’s just something to expect someone to say on every wireless bud thread. Doesn’t matter if it’s in any way true. I’m sure these are fine for most people though, as long as the battery life holds up.
Oct 16, 2002
761 posts
557 upvotes
Crappy earphones. These are not the "in your ear canal" type and therefore you're missing out on the low frequencies. If you hold them close to your ears, pushing them in they sound decently but if you just wear normally all you get is the hiss. The positive for me was battery life is great and so are calls, but listening to music is horrible.

Since apple buds are of same design do they really sound just as bad?
May 29, 2017
345 posts
267 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if the student discount would stack on this?
May 2, 2019
254 posts
270 upvotes
ZimBa88 wrote: I purchased these when they had their 2 for 1 deal. Other cheaper brands can do a great job with sound at better comfort. Before you pull the trigger on this read up about updating the firmware on these and the microphone quality for calls.
What firmware version are you on? Mine is on 342.342.308 and the call quality is crap.
Jan 1, 2014
19 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
haroldliang wrote: What firmware version are you on? Mine is on 342.342.308 and the call quality is crap.
327.327.23 this was updated today. No change with the update that was done, still terrible on phone calls.
Dec 24, 2017
5 posts
4 upvotes
I ordered a pair of these and they fell out of my ears immediately. Unfortunately I kept them past the return period. If anybody wants mine, I'll sell them for $50 CDN + shipping (from Toronto). Send me a DM. Wait is this allowed? Sorry if not.

Edit: I used them for 10 seconds. Received in mid-September so should have lots of warranty left.