Expired Hot Deals

[OnePlus] OnePlus Buds $79

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2020 6:11 pm
Oct 16, 2002
772 posts
583 upvotes
Crappy earphones. These are not the "in your ear canal" type and therefore you're missing out on the low frequencies. If you hold them close to your ears, pushing them in they sound decently but if you just wear normally all you get is the hiss. The positive for me was battery life is great and so are calls, but listening to music is horrible.

Since apple buds are of same design do they really sound just as bad?
May 29, 2017
355 posts
278 upvotes
Can anyone confirm if the student discount would stack on this?
May 2, 2019
273 posts
311 upvotes
ZimBa88 wrote: I purchased these when they had their 2 for 1 deal. Other cheaper brands can do a great job with sound at better comfort. Before you pull the trigger on this read up about updating the firmware on these and the microphone quality for calls.
What firmware version are you on? Mine is on 342.342.308 and the call quality is crap.
Jan 1, 2014
19 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
haroldliang wrote: What firmware version are you on? Mine is on 342.342.308 and the call quality is crap.
327.327.23 this was updated today. No change with the update that was done, still terrible on phone calls.
Dec 24, 2017
7 posts
9 upvotes
I ordered a pair of these and they fell out of my ears immediately. Unfortunately I kept them past the return period. If anybody wants mine, I'll sell them for $50 CDN + shipping (from Toronto). Send me a DM. Wait is this allowed? Sorry if not.

Edit: I used them for 10 seconds. Received in mid-September so should have lots of warranty left.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6190 posts
1439 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sprucisms wrote: I ordered a pair of these and they fell out of my ears immediately. Unfortunately I kept them past the return period. If anybody wants mine, I'll sell them for $50 CDN + shipping (from Toronto). Send me a DM. Wait is this allowed? Sorry if not.

Edit: I used them for 10 seconds. Received in mid-September so should have lots of warranty left.
These dont come with fins? Tsk tsk

The monster ones i bought are superb (half off from 100$)
Feb 2, 2015
590 posts
219 upvotes
I got a pair during the 50% off promo, when I called my 90 year old grandma she said she couldn't hear me well and I thought that was issue with her age...then I called my 30 year old colleague and she also had trouble hearing me clearly...that's when I know it must be with the buds...

I am using Android (Huawei Mate 20 Pro), also have other BT headsets including the Powerbeats ones...this is the first time I have a problem like that
Jul 10, 2019
81 posts
160 upvotes
Personally it's more worth it to buy airpods on sale. You'll get better throwaways on Amazon for cheaper.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1014 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Do they work with iOS devices using regular Bluetooth protocol? Can I use them with my iPhone 5S which I repurposed now as an iPod?
May 10, 2002
322 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
Dave98 wrote: Doesn't seem like a good deal if their updated OnePlus Buds Z are supposed to go for $69.99 when they're released

https://www.oneplus.com/ca_en/product/oneplus-buds-z
Those are 5+20hr vs OPs are 7+30hr, so a bit different. Also 10mm driver vs 13mm.
They have noise cancellation (for calls) even though some reviews say they do not. But not active noise cancellation.

I'm happy with these so far though as a budget alternative, $46, 5+20hr, 14mm: https://www.amazon.ca/SoundPEATS-Blueto ... B08KSTM37P
many options available.