Expired Hot Deals

[OnePlus] OnePlus Holiday Deals - 7 Pro for $669 + 5% off with student discount

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2019 9:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6583 posts
5326 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: That isn't my arguement. My argument is AGAINST the next generation of Qualcomm chip. Which means if you don't want the next generation flagships, you will have to wait one more years to upgrade. Or upgrade now.
Thanks for bringing this up because I didn't really follow the summit this year. TLDR:

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/12 ... ne-design/

This is BS, but I got a S10 this year with 855 and my next phone will probably be when 5G is common place which is at least 3 years away anyway. Sounds like I should buy a Oneplus 7 to be a backup phone. lol.
Mar 14, 2016
157 posts
155 upvotes
Ontario
Pursuit2013 wrote: Is 6Gb sufficient for non gamers?
It's more than enought even for Gamers. Check this: https://www.androidauthority.com/how-mu ... 19-944920/

Unless you are switching between 4-5 high performance games at the same time then you aren't even going to notice the difference. Thing to look for is storage - that is what the extra premium is for, that 2 extra gigs of RAM isn't worth it.
Qui Tacet Consentire Videtur
Jul 18, 2007
376 posts
39 upvotes
55ab55 wrote: It's more than enought even for Gamers. Check this: https://www.androidauthority.com/how-mu ... 19-944920/

Unless you are switching between 4-5 high performance games at the same time then you aren't even going to notice the difference. Thing to look for is storage - that is what the extra premium is for, that 2 extra gigs of RAM isn't worth it.
I would think the 2GB is ram is worth it if you plan the keep the phone for 3years+
Feb 11, 2013
824 posts
125 upvotes
BC
miorya wrote: I would think the 2GB is ram is worth it if you plan the keep the phone for 3years+
So the 6GB wouldn't last 3 years and I was thinking 128 GB since most back ups are done via Google drive anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9687 posts
1110 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: The Mi 9 is still almost half the price with a SnapDragon 855 and a great camera too.
Gotta have a good mating between software and hardware, sorta like a good car with a good driver.

Doesn't MI software suck?
Aug 1, 2013
429 posts
334 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
Bobbylaw wrote: Okay I misunderstood now I see what you meant

On another note I have both the 7 pro and the 7t and they are so close in performance it's essentially a wash. 7t is a little lighter and in my opinion easier to hold

I would personally still take the 7 pro over the 7t but would be more than happy with either of them. The 7t has a ridiculously bright screen which will be great for outdoor visibility in the summer but even on my 7 pro only use it as 50% brightness
I've been pretty confused on which to buy.

Which one do you think would last longer?
Any difference in face unlock speed?
Can you tell the difference between the 7t and 7 pro cameras? 7pro having ois on the telephoto and 7t having macro)
Do the edges of the 7 pro get annoying? I got small hands lol
Is there annoying glare on the sides?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
7218 posts
5920 upvotes
mcg wrote: Gotta have a good mating between software and hardware, sorta like a good car with a good driver.

Doesn't MI software suck?
I am very comfortable with it. There are a handful of useless apps, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to it, which doesn't take long.

In fact MIUI has many features that regular Android doesn't, such as built-in call recording and Internet restrictions for apps.
Mar 14, 2016
157 posts
155 upvotes
Ontario
miorya wrote: I would think the 2GB is ram is worth it if you plan the keep the phone for 3years+
Yes - in that case 8 GB def is more future proof, however, it is always a fine dance between CPU/GPU and the RAM. As apps evolve, so does their memory requirement and in order to keep the same amount of time spent in processing information with more memory - they would always need greater CPU/GPU power.

So even though the 8 GB would outlast 6 GB, the phone still might get 'slower' so to say. Case in point - a 2 year old Pixel 2 vs a year old Pixel 3 at same RAM levels feel like different phones at the moment. But you are right, as long as Apps stay within same operating constraints - 8GB will last longer than 6 GB.
Jul 18, 2007
376 posts
39 upvotes
I can't decide between the 7T or the 256 storage 7 pro...
Jul 18, 2007
376 posts
39 upvotes
Also can you use the $30 survey coupon with the student discount?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14950 posts
3892 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Wow did not expect this from OnePlus. The 7 Pro is an amazing phone, but a lot of its complaints are the big, heavy size and curved screen. However it has a lot more custom ROM development compared to the other devices released this year.
Spending too much money thanks to RFD
Mar 14, 2016
157 posts
155 upvotes
Ontario
miorya wrote: Also can you use the $30 survey coupon with the student discount?
Nope - just one or the other.
May 2, 2006
50 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
No.
Chris9446 wrote: I was hoping for a bit of a discount on the 7T but at this price, the 7 pro 6gb 128gb variant seems like the way to go

SOMEONE PERSUADE ME NO TO GET IT, I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
Apr 24, 2008
77 posts
18 upvotes
miorya wrote: Also can you use the $30 survey coupon with the student discount?
Is this $30 coupon available to all who take the survey? or YMMV? thanks
Jul 18, 2007
376 posts
39 upvotes
Babak wrote: Is this $30 coupon available to all who take the survey? or YMMV? thanks
all
Aug 19, 2019
14 posts
21 upvotes
If you have the money and your phone is in need of an upgrade go for it. I just ordered the LG G8 for $355 on eBay (from yywireless) to replace my OP3 since I don't think the OP7 Pro is twice the phone but that's just my opinion. It also has microSD expansion, android 10, wireless charging, good display, quad dac headphone jack, SD 855, etc. Most flagships will be good enough unless you really need that 90Hz full screen experience, and stock android that only OP7 and the Pixel can provide.