Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 28, 2012
957 posts
337 upvotes
QC

Online free Transunion credit report

Transunion Canada provides a new service to access oneselves credit report (aka. consumer disclosure) online, it is in beta stage.
Has any one tried it ? I did but it didn't work me..

https://ocs.transunion.ca/ocs/home.html

The page says that the online free version of the consumer disclosure is available only once a year. This contrasts with the paper version which can be requested my mail or phone and doesn't have any limits on the number of requests.
123 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
4316 posts
1674 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
Oh sure, this gets posted the day after I paid for their damn service lol :(

Thanks
Aug 30, 2013
742 posts
766 upvotes
prairies
Flitox wrote: Transunion Canada provides a new service to access oneselves credit report (aka. consumer disclosure) online, it is in beta stage.
Has any one tried it ? I did but it didn't work :(

https://ocs.transunion.ca/ocs/home.html

The page says that the online free version of the consumer disclosure is available only once a year. This contrasts with the paper version which can be requested my mail or phone and doesn't have any limits on the number of requests.
Difference between a Consumer disclosure and a Credit report per the website -
"A Consumer Disclosure is a complete account of all the information on your credit file, as mandated by consumer reporting legislation which is available at no cost.
Your TransUnion Credit Report is a Business Version of the Consumer Disclosure and includes your credit score and unlimited monitoring for a fee."

There was NO credit score reported on this free report.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1491 posts
361 upvotes
Thanks OP! Verification worked and I got my report. Hopefully Equifax offers an online version of the free disclosure soon...
Jan 29, 2008
194 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks op ... worked for me ! Awesome!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7024 posts
1367 upvotes
Scarborough
worked for me, got the report but NO credit score (which is what everyone wants, lol).

I just moved this month, it's a shocker that they already have the latest address !!
Banned
May 17, 2016
68 posts
11 upvotes
My TU seems to have the wrong house number. Everything else is same like street name, postal code, city etc, so I have hard time verifying.
Banned
May 20, 2016
1 posts
Only half worked for me. Allowed me access to report. I tried to save it to PDF. It logged me out without providing PDF and took me back to application page. Totally useless!
May 8, 2016
56 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks so much, I got my report. No credit score but it's still awesome :)
May 29, 2012
528 posts
195 upvotes
Southern Ontario
didnt work for me
said authentication error
Sep 25, 2014
4 posts
1 upvote
Halifax, NS
Flitox wrote: Transunion Canada provides a new service to access oneselves credit report (aka. consumer disclosure) online, it is in beta stage.
Has any one tried it ? I did but it didn't work :(

https://ocs.transunion.ca/ocs/home.html.

**BEWARE OF THE FOLLOWING SMALL FACT TO AVOID GETTING THE DREADED eRROR EVEN AFTER YOU PAST THE SECURITY QUESTIONS AND THE RED BOX COMES UP SAYING IF YOU LEAVE THIS PAGE YOU ARE DONE FOR A YEAR"

iN CASE THIS HAPPENS TO YOU JUST DO THE FOLLOWING INSTEAD. I'VE BEEN TO THEIR OFFICE BEFORE NO LINEUPS AND THEY FIXED A CRAP LOAD OF MULTIPLE FILE UNDER THE SAME NAME ERRORS SO MAYBE THATS BEST ANYWAY.

"Adobe Reader is required to view your Consumer Disclosure on screen."
ADOBE IS AN ANTIQUINTED PLUGIN MUCH BETTER OUT THERE .. BUT SOME PLACES AND BANKS JUST NEED ADOBE FOR SOME REASON.

You have the right to obtain a copy of your Consumer Disclosure, free of charge by phone, mail or in person.

Mail: Simply fill out a form and mail your request for a free copy of your Consumer Disclosure.

In Person: Visit one of our provincial consumer offices to receive a free copy of your Consumer Disclosure.

By Phone: You may also request your free Consumer Disclosure by phone using our Interactive Voice Response system:
1(800) 663-9980 (Prompt 1)
https://secure-ocs.transunion.ca/secure ... agree.html
Red Flag Deals Is like that wise Uncle who knows alot about everything , RFD has helped me get EI quicker , expensive overseas Boots Cheaper and countless computer bargains.
Thanks. to you all. :)
Oct 27, 2009
313 posts
63 upvotes
Authenticated, clicked on "download", and firefox crashed, how cool is that?
Now when trying to authenticate, it says I already accessed it and my next try is on 2017 05 26 :D Nice
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2018 posts
584 upvotes
Worked for me but didn't work for my wife. Keeps giving authentication error message.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19710 posts
9161 upvotes
Oakville
Authentication error here too. Guess I have to order a mailed copy. :/
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2156 posts
1668 upvotes
GTA
Authentication error for me as well... It never worked for me or any family member.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
14739 posts
5810 upvotes
Gatineau
Thanks OP, just picked up mine successfully.

djino
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1378 posts
432 upvotes
djino wrote: Thanks OP, just picked up mine successfully.

djino
Did not authorize for me. Was able to get via phone though.
May 31, 2007
245 posts
20 upvotes
Victoria, bc
Worked great for myself and my wife! A lot more convenient than calling in. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
1771 posts
478 upvotes
Montreal
Can you save in .pdf or does people print it out?