• Mar 3rd, 2020 11:11 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1808 posts
776 upvotes
Mississauga
What is the correct procedures to fix any errors in your report?
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1494 posts
361 upvotes
wearysky wrote: But Equifax has one month free trial, don't they?
Yes Equifax has a one month free trial (includes Score). I use it once a year to check my score.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1664 posts
361 upvotes
Montreal
thanks OP. I found nothing wrong with my credit data, but my personal information is full of mistakes!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4782 posts
2373 upvotes
Toronto
smokescreen15 wrote: Yes Equifax has a one month free trial (includes Score). I use it once a year to check my score.
Here is the link taken from the 2 threads listed below:http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/partnerc ... ee_en.html
Clicking on the button in that link brings you to: http://myservices.equifax.ca/OPIER_cabp ... E||DEFAULT

I have not tried either to confirm the validity yet, but apparently others have.

In expired deals - a 28 page thread: equifax-30-day-free-trial-back-1528145/28/
and more recently
In Freebies a 6 page thread well worth reading: equifax-canada-credit-report-score-free ... l-1939633/
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3431 posts
645 upvotes
Allenford
If you request the paper copy will it show the score?
Feb 9, 2015
85 posts
69 upvotes
Welland, ON
Worked for myself and wife. Thanks OP! Got auth error first time (forgot where I opened a LOC) which the second time went through OK. Gotta think for some of the questions like "What was the latest credit product opened" which contained an answer for a newish account while another option was "none of the above" which was correct because I had opened an even newer account (thanks to the RFD effect of having many credit cards for different uses ;) )
Nov 11, 2013
50 posts
3 upvotes
Worked for me. Thank you Op!

I have a question, my last employer is not up to date at all. Like it hasn't been updated since 1999. Is that normal?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1586 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
Flitox wrote: Transunion Canada provides a new service to access oneselves credit report (aka. consumer disclosure) online, it is in beta stage.
Has any one tried it ? I did but it didn't work me..

https://ocs.transunion.ca/ocs/home.html

The page says that the online free version of the consumer disclosure is available only once a year. This contrasts with the paper version which can be requested my mail or phone and doesn't have any limits on the number of requests.
Excellent
thanks OP
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
1586 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
smokescreen15 wrote: Yes Equifax has a one month free trial (includes Score). I use it once a year to check my score.
Every year they give you a once month free trial? I thought it was only once ever since you joined?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
19818 posts
9231 upvotes
Oakville
gogoblender wrote: Every year they give you a once month free trial? I thought it was only once ever since you joined?
I've used it multiple times as well. I just used it this month, and I already had an account with them for a year from the Home Depot data breach.
Mar 23, 2004
43566 posts
9392 upvotes
Markham
gogoblender wrote: Every year they give you a once month free trial? I thought it was only once ever since you joined?
wearysky wrote: I've used it multiple times as well. I just used it this month, and I already had an account with them for a year from the Home Depot data breach.
Darn didnt know that. I thought it was only once per file. Going to give it a try then.
Feb 17, 2009
60 posts
4 upvotes
Edmonton
same, I was able to see my report but when I clicked to download/print PDF, it took me back to the application page 1 and when I tried again, it said come back June 1, 2017
ReggieT wrote: Only half worked for me. Allowed me access to report. I tried to save it to PDF. It logged me out without providing PDF and took me back to application page. Totally useless!
Mar 23, 2004
43566 posts
9392 upvotes
Markham
fshamji wrote: same, I was able to see my report but when I clicked to download/print PDF, it took me back to the application page 1 and when I tried again, it said come back June 1, 2017
Cant save in PDF, i was able to save in XPS, so thats good enough.
Feb 9, 2015
85 posts
69 upvotes
Welland, ON
Was able to print to PDF by hovering in the PDF window where your disclosure is and when the icon pops up at the top, clicking print! :)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4371 posts
1937 upvotes
Thanks OP!
Worked for me and was able to save as PDF as well!
Banned
May 30, 2016
116 posts
16 upvotes
Trans Union sucks ! They have a spelling mistake in both my first name and last name ! Plus the house number is of my street address is Wrong ! The street name and rest of the addy is fine, but the house number is wrong !

That house number doesn't even exist on my street nor does it exist with Canada Post.

A totally unrelated and imaginary house number on my addy. Where The H did they get this fictitious house number for ? so if my addy is 1234 XYZ street , they have it as a random fictitious number which does not even exist on my street or in Canada Post database like 4973 XYZ street
[OP]
Apr 28, 2012
957 posts
337 upvotes
QC
ashwanidesi wrote: Trans Union sucks ! They have a spelling mistake in both my first name and last name ! Plus the house number is of my street address is Wrong ! The street name and rest of the addy is fine, but the house number is wrong !

That house number doesn't even exist on my street nor does it exist with Canada Post.

A totally unrelated and imaginary house number on my addy. Where The H did they get this fictitious house number for ? so if my addy is 1234 XYZ street , they have it as a random fictitious number which does not even exist on my street or in Canada Post database like 4973 XYZ street
It's a lender that you should blame for reporting erroneous information. Did you ever apply for a credit card, loan or internet/phone line by phone or in person ? The person who took your info could have mispelled it
Banned
May 30, 2016
116 posts
16 upvotes
Flitox wrote: It's a lender that you should blame for reporting erroneous information. Did you ever apply for a credit card, loan or internet/phone line by phone or in person ? The person who took your info could have mispelled it
I have only applied for anything online. My Equifax Report is perfect.

How Trans Union has a non existing fictitious postal address as my addy in their file is beyond me. This address is not even there in the Canada Post database !

Both my first name & last name spelled wrong is bad enough, but having a fictitious made up imaginary address as my home and mailing address is beyond me ! Their incompetency is beyond me. Now I have to mail them photocopies of 2 Ids and a form to rectify it :( . I am not sure if they will correct it even after I do that, don't really trust them much.