Health & Wellness

online glasses stores

[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
184 posts
22 upvotes

online glasses stores

Any recommendations for my first time getting glasses online?

I know that I must ask doctor to include PD on the prescription, any other special measurement I need to get from optometry?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1065 posts
940 upvotes
ON
I’ve used a few online stores. The one I want to avoid is goggles4u simply because any of my frames didn’t last long. My current favourite is Zenni. Till date I’ve ordered four and haven’t had any complaints. But of course this is ymmv.

Edit: I’ve done my own PD measurements and there are good online instructions on how to do it. But nothing like getting it direct from the doc.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2017
184 posts
22 upvotes
if my PD value ends with a .5 (and most online vendor don't accept decimals for PD), what can I do?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1718 posts
2290 upvotes
Googles4U , all you need to know.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5502 posts
3020 upvotes
Toronto
Holystone wrote: I’ve used a few online stores. The one I want to avoid is goggles4u simply because any of my frames didn’t last long. My current favourite is Zenni. Till date I’ve ordered four and haven’t had any complaints. But of course this is ymmv.

Edit: I’ve done my own PD measurements and there are good online instructions on how to do it. But nothing like getting it direct from the doc.
Goggles4u don't last but, they do last until next prescription. I have collection of frames from various stores and they are all unusable. If I want to reuse a frame, I would need to bring it to a store and pay around $100 for basic and $200 for light lenses.

Imo best to spend US$50 from goggles4u using 60+% off codes with ultrathin, all coatings and just use it 1 or 2 years instead of using same $500 glasses for 5 years to get your moneys worth.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7226 posts
1835 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote: Googles4U , all you need to know.
Inported from Pakistan.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
7226 posts
1835 upvotes
Toronto
healsio wrote: if my PD value ends with a .5 (and most online vendor don't accept decimals for PD), what can I do?
Zenni allows you to change the PD, send them a message first before you purchase. Then after you paid then send them a reminder regarding to the PD