None
[OP]
Oct 30, 2019
9 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto

All active espresso equipment sales in Canada

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share a little evening project i have been working on.

https://espresso-sales.mcconomy.org/

It's updated daily, so you can come back to it whenever it's of use.

Note that you can click on column headers to sort or filter

Craig
28 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21140 posts
25097 upvotes
Anything on there that isn't an arm and a leg? Just curious.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4813 posts
2946 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Anything on there that isn't an arm and a leg? Just curious.
You get what you pay for. You either spend over $550 for a machine that is repairable, easily sourced parts, well made or spend less than $120 for something disposable. My biggest regret was a $300 machine, such a waste of money for something that lasted 2.5 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1067 posts
686 upvotes
Waterloo
redflagdealsguy wrote: Anything on there that isn't an arm and a leg? Just curious.
Depending what you mean, if you ever buy coffees out they're all cheap.

We invested in a good machine. We ran over 10,000 shots of espresso through a Saeco (it seemed to breakdown quite a bit) and have put over 24,000 shots through our Jura (mostly doubles so 13,000 cycles, give or take). We have a Breville at the cottage that I quite like and they only run around $500. They had the same one at my last employer and the daily beating that thing took made it pretty impressive.

I nearly never buy a coffee out unless we're on vacation or traveling for work.
Happy Zoomer customer! $36/800m/5gb.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2205 posts
829 upvotes
Sometimes when I click the item it doesn’t open a new window page or browser to take me to the site (on mobile safari)
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
2038 posts
658 upvotes
Thanks! I'm planning to upgrade to a Lelit Bianca or a Rocket model soon. Gonna bookmark this link :)

An option to filter would be nice! Lots of super automatics in the list that I'm not interested in.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2019
9 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
Your first question should be whether you want espresso (the drink) or if you want to get into espresso (the hobby).

If you aren't interested in spending a lot of time and effort getting into a learning experience, and you really just want convenient espresso at home, seek out "super-automatic" machines (insert water and beans, press button, receive coffee)

If getting into the hobby is of interest, you have to prioritize the quality of the grinder and buy a machine with your leftover budget. I'd probably keep an eye on the secondhand market (which is pretty healthy in toronto) in that case.

Depends on you
[OP]
Oct 30, 2019
9 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I am at the mercy of the sites when it comes to identifying the nature of each product; I may add that feature later but some retailers will probably have items tagged as 'unknown'
[OP]
Oct 30, 2019
9 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
They're on there! Looks like I mixed something up, but now they're back on the list.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1623 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
Phillips 3100 I got from Costco for around $500..
Nov 13, 2018
690 posts
1516 upvotes
Vietlord wrote: Thanks! I'm planning to upgrade to a Lelit Bianca or a Rocket model soon. Gonna bookmark this link :)

An option to filter would be nice! Lots of super automatics in the list that I'm not interested in.
I have a Rocket and it is amazing.
Nov 6, 2007
325 posts
127 upvotes
London
Great idea, but wish you thought of it 12 months ago :) Proud owner of an ECM Synchronika with flow control.

Happy hunting!
Banned
Apr 24, 2021
57 posts
131 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Phillips 3100 I got from Costco for around $500..
was this purchase recent if I may ask?
Oct 25, 2011
84 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Nice :). You should build it up to be like dekudeals.com in your next sprint