9 upvotes

online scam alert: Thermal Touch Gloves

SCAMMER ALERT

https://thermaltouchgloves.com/

no phone number
no commercial address
no return shipping address
Screenshot_20201207-021800_Chrome.jpg

the photos in reviews all look alike, similar attributes.
Screenshot_20201207-021833_Chrome.jpg

When you place an order using Paypal, the seller's info in invoice confirms the scam operation.
SmartSelect_20201121-225023_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201207-023443_Solid Explorer.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-174019_Solid Explorer.jpg
domain electricheatedgloves.com for sale

google search phone number and you wonder what is wrong with paypal for not checking this!

they have ads in tik tok and Google play store apps.
Thread Summary
online scam
30 replies
[OP]
Mar 20, 2020
30 posts
9 upvotes
this company from mississauga is the actual shipper of the fake thermal gloves.

https://www.an-associates.com/
AMAR GHANDI

https://whois.domaintools.com/an-associates.com

this is the advertisement video played on tiktok and game ads (google play store).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnzWcE ... 6b7kSZBkow

I already filed a report with google.
Also reported them to shopify.
Banned
Nov 3, 2020
112 posts
95 upvotes
All this “proof” and the use of the word “scam”.
...but no where did you ever state where your issue is.
“Fake thermal gloves” ? did they not live up to their promise?
Veteran RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1876 posts
1026 upvotes
I knew I recognize these gloves when I saw them.
Its the same gloves that can be found over at Aliexpress
[OP]
Mar 20, 2020
30 posts
9 upvotes
Marcketing2020 wrote: All this “proof” and the use of the word “scam”.
...but no where did you ever state where your issue is.
“Fake thermal gloves” ? did they not live up to their promise?
I don't get you. Please elaborate.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13284 posts
2628 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rexioderum wrote: I don't get you. Please elaborate.
LOL, simple. Do the gloves work or not?? Point blank. Saying a company is "fake" when you havent proved the gloves dont work. Where's the evidence the gloves like the company are "fake"? Any test results? Do you get a pair of dishwashing gloves in the mail? lol.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Mar 20, 2020
30 posts
9 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: LOL, simple. Do the gloves work or not?? Point blank. Saying a company is "fake" when you havent proved the gloves dont work. Where's the evidence the gloves like the company are "fake"? Any test results? Do you get a pair of dishwashing gloves in the mail? lol.
the gloves do not work.

add to the list the phone number and their website, as shown in paypal receipt.

are you associated with them? honest question.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13284 posts
2628 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
rexioderum wrote: the gloves do not work.

are you associated with them? honest question.
Nope. But responded when I saw no obvious evidence produced as to the product failing. Maybe produce that next time when trying to convince an RFD jury. lol. And saying "it does not work" is not evidence. MANY products have a small percentage which "does not work" even big name brands.. albeit you can get a refund or exchange. Heck, you didnt even produce reviews, feedback, etc which wud at minimum support your case. *welp*
[OP]
Mar 20, 2020
30 posts
9 upvotes
I'm not here to convince a jury. I am sharing the information hoping no one will be deceived by the scammer's misleading marketing claims.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6929 posts
6433 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: And saying "it does not work" is not evidence.
Maybe OP is Trump?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8036 posts
1658 upvotes
Scam to me means fraud. Selling you an inferior product doesn't mean scam. Did you get what was pictured? Doesn't work on your phone? That would be defective no?

I go to Dollarama all the time, and some of their crap breaks after 2 uses. That would be a scam in your definition then?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6175 posts
3231 upvotes
Mississauga
If the OP had simply stated “the gloves don’t work as advertised” that would have been the end of the thread.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13284 posts
2628 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
^^^
Then OP wouldnt have gotten the attention or responses that he wanted by creating the thread. lol.

But let's be realz... How is the OP's experience different than writing a 1 star review on an amazon product?? Every amazon product - big name or no name - ALWAYS have 5-7% or more 1 star reviews. OP just happens to be in that segment in relation to this product. It doesnt negate the possible 90+ % who were happy with the gloves. I always read the 1 star reviews first. This gives me an idea of the worst case scenario to expect when purchasing a product. Majority of these reviews tend to be nonsense imo. Of course there are legit complaints but majority are like "arrived late", "sent wrong color", "bad csr rep when called", "too large, too small", "this doesnt work - that doesnt work" (customers failing to read instructions properly), etc. which all have nothing to do with the validity of the product itself; just stupid admin errors and customers not properly using/vetting the product.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1554 posts
916 upvotes
NOYB
Years ago, I ordered some toques thru some sponsored link on FB and they had strong odor and were of terrible quality.

I know that might not be a scam by definition but I did feel "scammed" too.

Someone mentioned Dollarama. Please note OP paid >$20 USD for these gloves. :facepalm:

OP needs to revise his phrasing but he wanted us to watch out for a fast one some people are pulling. Some comments here are a bit too mean
*Zoomer + VoIP.ms user*

🖕 to the self righteous double standard fascist POS on this forum.