Shopping Discussion

Online store not accepting Paypal, trust worthy?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2011 4:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
1530 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto

Online store not accepting Paypal, trust worthy?

I'm ordering some electronics online, and these guys have very quick responds,
and are from Hong Kong, selling Made In China Products/electronics.

they offer Paypal, western union, HSBC wire transfer payment listed on their website.....

however, when i checked out w/ Paypal, it gave me this error msg:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to and try another option

when i emailed to the CSR, they said they no longer accept Paypal, only accept western union and HSBC wire transfer payment only,
reason i used Paypal, cuz it's worryfree, and it's on my CC so that i can track and back charge if there are problems....and
that i can have an addditional 1 year warranty from my CC

can western union or HSBC wire transfer payment still protect my purchase?

please advise~
18 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
86 upvotes
They don't offer straight up cc without the use of paypal? shady if u ask me
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9282 posts
2068 upvotes
Toronto
I'd avoid this one just in case. Anything western union scares the crap out of me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
7497 posts
42 upvotes
Pickering
You aren't going to receive that $99 iPad2, just walk away.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2009
1926 posts
86 upvotes
And what's the big deal with not saying the website?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
1530 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
i guess i'll avoid buyin' then~

thx RFD~
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19192 posts
1686 upvotes
Why do people constantly post crap like this without the name or link to the site they are talking about???
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Feb 5, 2007
850 posts
115 upvotes
brunes wrote: Why do people constantly post crap like this without the name or link to the site they are talking about???

Scared of the RFD effect crashing their order...... :razz:
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4333 posts
550 upvotes
Messed Up Area
OP you honestly think paypal is any better........you try a chargeback and they threaten to close your account.

Most asian sellers only offer wire payments. Even in business dealings.

If you want paypal find another seller accepting paypal funds.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4333 posts
550 upvotes
Messed Up Area

I love that, no description at all that detals with the macbook itself, but yet it has compartments :lol: . I'm returning mine to apple so i can get one with compartments.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3503 posts
1588 upvotes
Ontario
There are plenty of Asian sellers who will accept Paypal, or at the very least claim to.

Money transfers only?

No savings are worth the risk on that.

Posting the name of the site would have helped, but I wouldn't buy from them with those terms anyway.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!