Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Only $19.99 Bitdefender Total Security 2018 up to 5 devices, 1 year

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2018 11:33 am
Banned
Sep 4, 2013
38 posts
82 upvotes
BELLEVILLE

Only $19.99 Bitdefender Total Security 2018 up to 5 devices, 1 year

Deal Link:
Price:
$19.99
Savings:
77% OFF
Bitdefender Total Security 2018 up to 5 devices, 1 year

$89.99 Save $70.00 - Only $19.99

Complete protection for Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android
Unbeatable malware detection
Bitdefender VPN protects your online presence New
Multi-layer ransomware protection to keep your files safe
Optimized speed and cross-platform performance
Run your security from your mobile device Learn more
Comprehensive Support 24/7
27 replies
Aug 12, 2010
654 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
Will this also extend a current subscription or will they run parallel?
Thanks to all at RedFlagDeals for all the great deals obtained.
Jul 23, 2012
521 posts
210 upvotes
Montreal
starwatcher wrote: Will this also extend a current subscription or will they run parallel?
It will extend it however you'll get emails indicating your subscription is coming to end (the previous one), before ignoring them read through to ensure that it won't auto renew.
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Haven't used Bitdefender for many years.

How does it compare with Kasperky Internet Security? Especially in terms of banking, secure browser [can you choose which browser to run secure like FF vs Chrome vs IE vs Opera?]. Also, using a very old laptop from more then 10 years ago. KIS works fine on it [no slow down]... will BD be cpu intensive more or less or same vs KIS?

Thanks.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Dec 9, 2011
293 posts
259 upvotes
Ottawa
Do they send a subscription code?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1667 posts
1590 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
I had been using Bitdefender for a few years and up until 6 months ago, I would have been all over this Bitdefender sale.

Unfortunately, Bitdefender when auto upgrading to the 2018 version, started to conflict with my Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN service along with my emails in MS Outlook 2016 on two of our family's four Windows 10 Home Edition PC's (all of which are less than 4 years old). It totally destroyed PIA on the two computers and despite having excellent tech support from PIA, I was unable to resolve it. PIA could not even be re-installed on the affected PC's without un-installing Bitdefender. On my MS Outlook email (2016), it would block many emails that had been long-trusted email contacts. The affected emails would simply disappear...they didn't go into any "spam" or "junk mail folders...they just disappeared. (Ironically, after reverting to Windows Defender all these emails that I never saw all magically "appeared".)

I have uninstalled Bitdefender and re-activated the long forgotten and latest Windows Defender Security Center, so far it seems to be performing flawlessly and it's completely free.....and PIA VPN service and emails are fully functional on ALL of our computers. Windows Defender has so far found a few threats along the way (mostly while surfing) and has identified and successfully resolved those threats.

Not sure if it's the type of processor in the computer or why it only affected only half of our Windows PC's but either way, there was an apparent issue and conflict between Bitdefender and PIA. Even PIA right at the onset asked if I was using Bitdefender after initial contact and describing the problems I was experiencing. They said they were alerted to the issue and have been attempting to work with Bitdefender in resolving but after 4 months of working with the great PIA tech support, ...no love.

My intent is by no means to slam this deal, just a friendly FYI that there could be potential issues ...... especially to those who use PIA and MS Outlook 2016 mail platform and may be considering this deal.

Cheers
Last edited by montward on Apr 28th, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 17, 2017
38 posts
59 upvotes
As per the post above Bitdefender may have issues with any OpenVPN service. PIA is just a common one. Bitdefender's advanced malware engine tags the PIA tunnel immediately so be aware. The other top rated antivirus products don't seem to have this issue.
May 10, 2015
6 posts
Toronto, ON
Thanks op. Signed up. I am using my vpn via dd wrt openvpn. So I should be fine.
Nov 15, 2006
863 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
I will go for Norton... same price with same number of devices, but it's on boxing day sale.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2004
2056 posts
554 upvotes
Mississauga
beneran89 wrote: It will extend it however you'll get emails indicating your subscription is coming to end (the previous one), before ignoring them read through to ensure that it won't auto renew.
Thanks, will give it a go.
Dec 29, 2016
260 posts
457 upvotes
Sweet find man. Mine was expiring in a few weeks and you just saved me $20 to the next lowest price I could find.

Checkout was legit, no issues.

Thanks
Dec 1, 2017
138 posts
89 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Thanks op, trying the 6 months free.
Original name, can't retrieve it even with RFD support help:
eman0621- Jr. Member since Mar 5, 2004/Last seen Aug 3, 2016 10:02 AM 184 Posts
😃Thanks for RFD...many deals have been acquired. Many Thanks....you guys rock. Happy RFD'ng!😝

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)