Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Nova] Ontario: $4.39 medium pepperoni or cheese pizza (May 14th, walk-in only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2019 12:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4380 posts
1459 upvotes
djfunk wrote:
May 1st, 2019 4:03 pm
I purposely go to other fast food joints when these promotions go on. McDonalds mchappy day, Pizza etc.
Once i get home from the other restaurants i find the charity and donate what the promotional donation is for that day. THe lineups are crazy and not worth waiting 45 minutes for a pizza that is probably at best .50 off
No one is buying this for the chairty, bro.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4771 posts
524 upvotes
Toronto
Avoid the locations at Martin grove and burnhamthorpe, islington and bloor.

Last year tried the Martin grove location around 7pm and they said they ran out of pizzas. Place was empty.

Islington and bloor two years ago went with a couple of friends and waited nearly two hours. They were only cooking pizzas sporadically, constantly opening the ovens one by one for some reason with nothing inside. Several people freaked out and left. After that we never went back to that location after they were clearly intentionally delaying.

I don’t think I’ll bother this year.
Nov 23, 2017
957 posts
1926 upvotes
I did this last year for lulz, and vowed never to do it again.

Pizza was actually decent despite the sheer volume being made on that day. Props to my pizza nova for that.

50% of the people there were absolutely horrible, very entitled (like someone owed them a $4.39 pizza with no wait) and had almost no consideration for the people working tirelessly to churn out pizzas. One particularly rude woman told one of the guys working there, "If you have time to be standing there and smiling, you should be making pizzas", while he was waiting for the pizzas to cook.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18357 posts
17082 upvotes
Toronto
@kindred_99

"Islington and bloor two years ago went with a couple of friends and waited nearly two hours. "

It's nice saving money but even I've got my limits. Waiting that long for a slightly cheaper pizza doesn't seem like a great use of time.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1510 posts
494 upvotes
HOW IS THIS "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST" ??

If you run out of pizza, you make more ? or am I missing something ?

If they run out of supplies to make them, then they just close ? as they can't make anything else ?
What dancing banana ?
Jul 13, 2011
370 posts
116 upvotes
Ottawa
Curiosity wrote:
May 14th, 2019 5:38 am

If they run out of supplies to make them, then they just close ? as they can't make anything else ?
This seems like a standard condition. They do have other products, they may need to make up more dough, it could mean they just run out of that particular topping, etc., and this condition might be necessary given peoples entitled attitudes towards promotions like this.
Mar 10, 2017
255 posts
235 upvotes
Bat Cave
Thanks OP! Going to split a few pizzas among office colleagues to make it an even better deal!
My horn can pierce the sky
Jul 25, 2018
664 posts
995 upvotes
Milton, ON
WayneEnterprise wrote:
May 14th, 2019 8:48 am
Thanks OP! Going to split a few pizzas among office colleagues to make it an even better deal!
Way to make me feel fat, I was going to eat the whole thing myself..
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18357 posts
17082 upvotes
Toronto
JoelK22976 wrote:
May 14th, 2019 8:51 am
Way to make me feel fat, I was going to eat the whole thing myself..
Always eat the whole thing yourself, its the RFD way!

Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9530 posts
1239 upvotes
I'm sort of glad there is no location really convenient downtown today as I have a show tonight.

Although it would be nice but I suspect there will be horror stories of the customers and I hate that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9968 posts
2623 upvotes
Love Pizza Nova - can't wait for lunch!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7142 posts
1690 upvotes
Curiosity wrote:
May 14th, 2019 5:38 am

If you've ever made pizza, you'd know that pizza dough takes time to rise.