Parenting & Family

Ontario Birth Certificate: Long form and short form have different registration #?

Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1247 upvotes
Scarborough
Not to worry the schools will "accomodate" everyone, lolz.
Don't spend money unnecessarily on documents.
Feb 6, 2020
1 posts
Where did you go to get the long form
Birth certificate in 4 days?
We are living in the state and need the long form for a citizen application.
They did not accept the short form
And it is time sensitive!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1247 upvotes
Scarborough
BrianF10326 wrote: Where did you go to get the long form
Birth certificate in 4 days?
We are living in the state and need the long form for a citizen application.
They did not accept the short form
And it is time sensitive!
Applied online. I think thats the best way and then call them if necessary etc

Why do you need it for citizenship application? Or do you mean passport application?
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3927 posts
1152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
GoodFellaz wrote: I want to replace my kids paper birth certificate with the polymer one. is this easy to do? and in case anyone asks, yes elementary schools do not need the long berth certificate they require the short ones.
So Instead of replacing the birth certificate which cancells and nullifys the old one, I ordered the "Birth Certificate w/ Parental Information" which is the polymer version of the infamous birth cert, but it has parental info on it also which you can use for service canada passport application. she told me so her self on the phone.
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1247 upvotes
Scarborough
GoodFellaz wrote: So Instead of replacing the birth certificate which cancells and nullifys the old one, I ordered the "Birth Certificate w/ Parental Information" which is the polymer version of the infamous birth cert, but it has parental info on it also which you can use for service canada passport application. she told me so her self on the phone.
In ontario we applied and got the $35 “certiffied copy of birth registration” which has the parental info. Passport office accepts that

Got it this week for our twins within few sats so pretty quick service for ontario registrar general(thunder bay)
Now hopefully they ease some passport applying restrictions so we can apply in person like before
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
3927 posts
1152 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
yes the certified copy of birth registration is the legal sized paper 8.5x14 with all the info of the doctor who did the birth, parents info, etc, it actually costs $35 and has more info than needed for applying for a passport where as the birth certificate with parental info costs $10 less, and its polymer so its more durable, and it has parental info u can use that for a passport too and its cheaper and it looks nice and its easy to store and tuck away
Hi
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6759 posts
1247 upvotes
Scarborough
GoodFellaz wrote: yes the certified copy of birth registration is the legal sized paper 8.5x14 with all the info of the doctor who did the birth, parents info, etc, it actually costs $35 and has more info than needed for applying for a passport where as the birth certificate with parental info costs $10 less, and its polymer so its more durable, and it has parental info u can use that for a passport too and its cheaper and it looks nice and its easy to store and tuck away
Thx for this info.